The Bonehead of Bristol

Got to be the spoiled kid in the #9 with his win or wreck attitude.
I guess he took his lessons from KB

Hamliin had the race won according to the R-F race experts and he blew it. Chase was trying to win and he blew it. For me Hamlin

What Chase did ON the track doesn't bother me, and I don't know what he actually said to Joey, but his interview was VERY weak. I expect better, especially after what just happened to him a little over a week ago. For lack of a more deserving candidate, I'll go with Chase too.

As bad as I hate to say it Chase has to win this. I like Chase but man you have to look at the big picture but hey with the week and a half he’s had I really don’t blame him too much.

Idk. I don't know if diving bombing for a win is a bonehead move. Folks, it's not like THAT move cost him the win. Joey cleared him. It was either 2nd or wreckin.

I'm gonna say bonehead goes to whoever the heck that was who stopped on the backstretch on what I am calling the equivalent of lap 1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a hard time nominating Chase because he was going for the win. We get down on these guys when they settle for a good points day and then get down on them going for the W? I dont know, can we have it both ways? The only way I can see Chase getting this week's award is well you can make a case his demeanor post race was less than what we're used to from him, if what Joey says is true that Chase wasnt exactly complimentary with an apology. I dont know Denny gets my vote because he did have the race in the bag but thats just an unfortunate circumstance of his own doing.

“.......if there are no cautions for these last 120 laps.......”

I'd say Chase for 2 reasons

- Not running the bottom
- Not completing an actual bump and run after not running the bottom cost you the lead

He had the damn thing won, and we'd be asking ourselves who can match the 9 team right now.

Got to be the spoiled kid in the #9 with his win or wreck attitude.
I guess he took his lessons from KB
Personally, I don't think he did it on purpose. After a long night, having the win in sight, you're bound to get excited & nervous inside those race cars.

All young drivers that are trying to learn how to win make mistakes and tear up cars. I’ll take a guy that is fast and makes a few mistakes over one you have to kick in the rear
Rick has talented drivers they just have to learn when to bring it back in one piece.

There are lots of options to choose from here. Just to be different, I'll nominate harvick. A rare mistake from the 4 driver not only ended his top 10 streak but also removed what turned out to be a very real chance at a win considering his running position towards the end of the race and what transpired in front of him.

There are lots of options to choose from here. Just to be different, I'll nominate harvick. A rare mistake from the 4 driver not only ended his top 10 streak but also removed what turned out to be a very real chance at a win considering his running position towards the end of the race and what transpired in front of him.
I never thought Harvick was IN the race., probably sounds odd, but he sure wasn't driving hungry IMO.

Hell we might as well get the announcing in here too. Gordon said once the high groves works in they won't be racing the bottom anymore. I don't know if it is because they aren't at the track or what but Joy was making all kinds of mistakes that he normally doesn't do.

Chase was driving for a win and used it up. I wouldn't say it was boneheaded. He did what he was supposed to do and too bad he didn't get the win.

I'm giving my boneheaded vote to Wrecky Stenhouse. I don't even know if the wreck was his fault but man he sure does manage to tear up some races cars week in and out lol.

Hamliin had the race won according to the R-F race experts and he blew it.
Are those the same board experts who fired Hamlin 2 years ago?

This week’s mutt is Elliott. Over-drove it in the clutch.

I don't recall logano spinning himself out.
Yeah I hear that. I do though recall Logano hitting the fence with the 9 all over him. But thanks to Hambone who started the whole thing and I am glad he did. I and many others expect a finish like they had at Bristol, so thanks to bonehead Hamlin for not having a 2 second ahead yawner finish.

Back
Top Bottom