The Clash race thread..

Who picked Truex? THIS GUY! Hell yes! Great night! Hello 2023! Where ya been?!!!!!!!

A little strange to introduce a medal ceremony and not carry the audio or show the entire thing to the TV audience

Why was Bubba sulking over a race that didn't matter whatsoever lol. It was a little much on Dillon's part but this stuff was happening throughout the field all night and all day today.

Lastly, thank God it's over. I've had my fill of this joint. I know they'll likely stick around there another year or two but I really struggled to make myself care about anything that happened all weekend. We actually considered driving over from AZ just for the venue aspect of it all but ruled it out when it got to the actual racing part. I know some like it, maybe even a lot do, but the coolness wore off about halfway thru the weekend last year for me.

I would like to see something different next year for the Clash but if they run it back again…
1. Keep it at 150 laps but count caution laps
2. Shortened the field up by at least 6-7 cars; make the Heats and LCQ’s worth it to run hard

Tough race.
After almost every eccessive caution I pitted to top off the Coca-Cola (KoKohler) .
It was like an unsanctioned outlaw race and my heath food nut wife had already went to bed. So I probably drunk a half a gallon without her nearby to give me the you are overdoing it mean looks

Deegan, you are from California dudes light in the loafers may dress like that too :p
Countering (wrong) assumptions with with other assumptions = same difference.

Not a lecture just a statement because I have been guilty myself and I probably will make the same mistake(s) again.

Countering (wrong) assumptions with with other assumptions = same difference.

Not a lecture just a statement because I have been guilty myself and I probably will make the same mistake(s) again.
Good point - thanks!

I've been saying that for weeks. I believe ol Guz and a few others were having a problem with my tweets showing the same thing
I suspect that while a lot of people may have hated Kyle for the last 15 years (me being one of them), a good many people (me also being one of them) think he got hosed by JGR last year and are more willing to re-evaluate him in a new car and team this season.

He showed some real vulnerability over JGR and loss of MARS at the end of last season and seemed really upset about it then. He looked pretty formidible in the 8 car during this race though and seemed to me that he hasn't lost any steps. If he's grown some over leaving JGR and can keep racing that way this year and without being the jerk he's been over the years, he may indeed have a positive career reset.

NASCAR needs REAL black hats. Its got enough white ones.

I suspect that while a lot of people may have hated Kyle for the last 15 years (me being one of them), a good many people (me also being one of them) think he got hosed by JGR last year and are more willing to re-evaluate him in a new car and team this season.

He showed some real vulnerability over JGR and loss of MARS at the end of last season and seemed really upset about it then. He looked pretty formidible in the 8 car during this race though and seemed to me that he hasn't lost any steps. If he's grown some over leaving JGR and can keep racing that way this year and without being the jerk he's been over the years, he may indeed have a positive career reset.
One year. **** adds up over 15. See ya then.

With 60 to go, I gave up and went to bed. It was 1 lap, caution, 1 lap, caution for 40 minutes straight. Horrible race, was not entertaining at all. Stopping the race for people to sing, my God.

Back
Top Bottom