The Daytona 500 (Pre-Race)

A lot of people will be like “this is why we should start at noon.” And over look the fact it’s already raining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people will be like “this is why we should start at noon.” And over look the fact it’s already raining.

To be fair, I think the races should start at noon or as early as possible. That way there is more opportunity to race throughout the entire day instead of twiddling thumbs when the track is clear.

Today is just a wash though. If it does get started it’s gonna be a late night.

To be fair, I think the races should start at noon or as early as possible. That way there is more opportunity to race throughout the entire day instead of twiddling thumbs when the track is clear.

Today is just a wash though. If it does get started it’s gonna be a late night.

That’s a fair point. I’m just saying today really wouldn’t make much of a difference unless the track is dry at noon.

I rather it be tomorrow than tonight personally. I got stuff to watch tonight haha. But I understand that some people rather tonight than tomorrow

That’s a fair point. I’m just saying today really wouldn’t make much of a difference unless the track is dry at noon.

I rather it be tomorrow than tonight personally. I got stuff to watch tonight haha. But I understand that some people rather tonight than tomorrow

I really would like to hear Charlie Spencer's opinion on this. 😀

Is it legal to run a cup car in the xfinty race. The Austin Cindrix Infinity 22 looks just like the Cup 33 except for the numbers.

I really would like to hear Charlie Spencer's opinion on this. 😀
I always want to see a race run on the scheduled date. I've been one of those folks at the hotel wondering if it's worth going to the track today. (Today, it isn't.) I've sat in grandstands waiting to see if we have to cone back tomorrow, and in the car wondering if we can get out of this quagmire. So I feel for the fans, regardless of how few they are.

I prefer 1p Eastern for eastern tracks and 4p East for western tracks but it doesn't matter much to me; I can program a DVD. I'd rather see a consistent time, regardless of what time is chosen, than changing every week.

Thought you'd get me, didn't ya? :p

Last edited:
I always want to see a race run on the scheduled date. I've been one of those folks at the hotel wondering if it's worth going to the track today. (Today, it isn't.) I've sat in grandstands waiting to see if we have to cone back tomorrow, and in the car wondering if we can get out of this quagmire. So I feel for the fans, regardless of how few they are.

I prefer 1p Eastern for eastern tracks and 4p East for western tracks but it doesn't matter much to me; I can program a DVD. I'd rather see a consistent time, regardless of what time is chosen, than changing every week.

Thought you'd get me, didn't ya? :p
Must be the NASCAR version of "complaint" as interpreted by Spencer. Tough crowd.

The Earnhardt special on ESPN has been excellent so far! No fluff, just about the basilar skull fractures devastating effect on the sport in the 90's, early 2000's and the resulting safety evolution.

Must be the NASCAR version of "complaint" as interpreted by Spencer. Tough crowd.
I wasn't going to comment on the original post. It would have been rude to fail to respond to a direct request. It's nice to know there's a place where at least one person wants my opinion, even on a subject I don't much shive a git about.

Every time nascar gets a chance to have all the eyes on them and possibly bring more fans in this chit happens
If someone is gonna be a fan of NASCAR, they’re gonna have to understand that NASCAR does not want to race in the rain on ovals.

I agree, all of the JGR entries are rocket ships tbh.
I remember Gordon saying that if their car didn’t fail inspection the first go around, he wasn’t confident that the crew chief was trying to win.

Why is this race not at 1 PM? So so dumb. Honestly you start this early in the day because of afternoon thunderstorms. This happens literally everywhere in the United States when it’s warm

Thought you'd get me, didn't ya? :)
I have a pretty good race track rain story from back when NHRA tested in Phoenix the week before the season opener in Pomona CA. After the test session I drove my motorhome straight to Pomona and got parked in the motorhome lot on Tue, but when I woke up Wed morning it was raining about as hard as I have seen it rain so I decided to make some biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I got my milk hot and then started stirring in some flour but it didn't thicken up so I added some more flour and it still didn't thicken up, after doing this about 4 times I realized I had forgotten to stop and refill my propane tanks and I had ran out of gas and my milk had cooled down. So I went out in to the pouring rain and unhooked my tanks and took them over to a gas station and refilled them. When I got back and fired the stove back up and got the milk hot the gravy was so thick that it was like cement. I think after I thinned it out with more milk I must have had a 5 gallon bucket of gravy.:)

Last edited:
Why is this race not at 1 PM? So so dumb. Honestly you start this early in the day because of afternoon thunderstorms. This happens literally everywhere in the United States when it’s warm
If this race started at 10:00 am it would still be raining. There’s not much chance until after the sun sets.

I don't see how the Bristol dirt race is going to work.. It's not a dirt track
It pretty much is at the present time :idunno:
1613327130066.png

It pretty much is at the present time :idunno:
View attachment 54053
Is it me or do the walls look really low because of the dirt? Could get some catchfence action! Looks like a car could easily hop over the put wall too. This dirt equation will provide so many twists and turns! A science experiment come to life! there's always the good, bad and ugly!

Is it me or do the walls look really low because of the dirt? Could get some catchfence action! Looks like a car could easily hop over the put wall too. This dirt equation will provide so many twists and turns! A science experiment come to life! there's always the good, bad and ugly!
They removed the SAFER barriers.

This would not look good because my guess is that there may be a lot of Michael Jordan basketball fans watching that doesn't really know how the tech process works and they may see it as Michaels team was trying to cheat and got caught...not that they were just pushing the envelope like most of us knows happens with a lot of different teams on any given weekend.

Back
Top Bottom