The Daytona 500 (Pre-Race)

Perhaps that's because the Republican leadership of those states have refused repeatedly to take this pandemic seriously.

Again though that’s political. And the South African variant is supposed to be the real bad one, and that’s in NC/SC/MD/VA. To put a domestic travel ban on a state is fricking wild. Also how in the world did something get here from South Africa in the middle of all this?

I don't get the Hendrick hyper-focus on occupying the front row qualifying for this race every year. Yeah okay it looks great for sponsors to be able to say that, and yeah gotta have speed built into the car.... but at what point do you shift focus toward working on handling under race conditions? The qualifying upfront thing hasn't exactly worked out for winning them Daytona lately. Single car practice runs while everyone else is finding out how their car behaves in the draft, giving up some valuable info there. Handling seems to be the weakness for them the last handful of years, with the exception of the 9 lone wolfing it.

Maybe good fortune for 24 to be dropping to the back this time around, somehow if backup car drives better.

Again though that’s political. And the South African variant is supposed to be the real bad one, and that’s in NC/SC/MD/VA. To put a domestic travel ban on a state is fricking wild. Also how in the world did something get here from South Africa in the middle of all this?
Convergent evolution, and I mean that seriously. South Africa is just where this variant was first discovered. The 'original' virus may have taken the same mutation path in multiple locations, including here in SC on two people from opposite ends of the state who never traveled outside state or met each other. Viruses are pretty simple critters, with DNA strings prone to breaking in similar places.

EuDi-hcXUAEjrto

Wonder if fox will do something

Attachments

• D13B6C08-DED5-4336-9F8F-C6E261274086.png
    D13B6C08-DED5-4336-9F8F-C6E261274086.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 104

That's awesome! It's absolutely amazing it's been 20 years! I was born in 1982 (oct.) so I've lived slightly more than half of my life since his passing. To this day, still one of worst few days of my life in terms of sports fandom. The Kobe deal last year was eerily similar.

It's one thing to reach for the unreachable stars. It's another thing to think you're actually going to reach them again, Don Q.

Incidentally, Charlie Spencer loves it when posters refer to themselves in the third person. The nicest interpretation is that an uncredited publicist handles the social media for the celebrity. Either that, or the celeb posting is a pretentious ass.

Charlie Spencer has no uncredited publicist.

Back
Top Bottom