The Daytona 500 (Pre-Race)

Turtle84

Hail Melon 🍉
Less than 20 days away from cars on track... time to kick the tires!

30936A2288694BF9A5D8445D14C7FA09.ashx

42B018F6A1CF442EA0D53F2C07ED6BF2.ashx

"The Daytona 500 is the iconic 500-mile NASCAR Cup Series season-opener held annually at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Considered the most prestigious and important race in NASCAR, the Daytona 500 has opened the NASCAR season every February since 1982. It is also the series' first race of the year; this phenomenon is unique in sports, which tend to have championships or other major events at the end of the season rather than the start.

The race serves as the final event of Speedweeks and is also known as "The Great American Race" or the "Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing".

Since 1997, the winner of the Daytona 500 has been presented with the Harley J. Earl Trophy in Victory Lane, and the winning car is displayed in race-winning condition for one year at Daytona 500 Experience, a museum and gallery adjacent to Daytona International Speedway."

Full Schedule of the condensed Speedweek (omitting the Busch Clash):

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10​

NASCAR Cup Series
12:05 p.m. ETFirst Practice
FS1
NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETQualifying
FS1

MRN

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11​

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
5:35 p.m. ETFirst Practice
FS1
NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETDuels at Daytona
FS1

MRN

continued...

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13​

ARCA Menards Series
8:30 a.m. ETQualifying
NASCAR Cup Series
9:30 a.m. ETSecond Practice
FS2
NASCAR Xfinity Series
10:40 a.m. ETQualifying (Coverage starts on FS2, but switches to FS1 at 11 a.m. ET)
FS2

FS1
NASCAR Cup Series
12:05 p.m. ETFinal Practice
FS1
ARCA Menards Series
1:30 p.m. ETLucas Oil 200 Driven by General Tire
FS1

MRN
NASCAR Xfinity Series
5 p.m. ETBeef. It's What's For Dinner. 300
FS1

MRN

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 14​

NASCAR Cup Series
2:30 p.m. ETDaytona 500
FOX

MRN

The “go-or-go-home” bunch so far. Only four can advance:

• Beard Motorsports: 62 – Noah Gragson
  • Front Row Motorsports: 36 – David Ragan
  • Gaunt Brothers Racing: 96 – Ty Dillon
  • JTG Daugherty Racing: 37 – Ryan Preece
  • Kaulig Racing: 16 – Kaz Grala
  • Team Penske: 33 – Austin Cindric
  • Motorsports Business Management: 49 – Chad Finchum, 66 – Timmy Hill

So Ryan Preece has to race his way into the 500....if JTG brings the most reliable car in the stable and Ryan's luck from 2020 continues there's a .0000001% chance he makes it in ;) . But seriously, he had a great final run in 2020, with 8 top 20s in the last 10 races. He actually would've made the round of 12 had he made the Playoffs at all- one of the NASCAR Twitter personalities calculated he had something like the 8th or 9th best average finish out of all drivers through half the playoffs (this is a VERY rough stat....it was something along those lines). Hoping he can keep the momentum alive.

I've never been so personally invested in the Duels. I can't wait.

There hasnt been a single commercial for the Daytona 500 in the entire first half of the Bucs v Packers on Fox. Those two ads are great content but if they aren’t put infront of a wide audience, who cares?

You got one job - just four words. Don't screw it up, although I'm already betting against you.
This is the Daytona-500, the race that I have waited all winter for and the one race that is right up there with the Indy 500 on the excitement level for me...as long as the race starts and finishes on the same day I don't care if he screws the grand marshal job up. :)

pretty solid commercial for the 500 imo, run it early and often!

Less than 20 days away from cars on track... time to kick the tires!

30936A2288694BF9A5D8445D14C7FA09.ashx

42B018F6A1CF442EA0D53F2C07ED6BF2.ashx

"The Daytona 500 is the iconic 500-mile NASCAR Cup Series season-opener held annually at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Considered the most prestigious and important race in NASCAR, the Daytona 500 has opened the NASCAR season every February since 1982. It is also the series' first race of the year; this phenomenon is unique in sports, which tend to have championships or other major events at the end of the season rather than the start.

The race serves as the final event of Speedweeks and is also known as "The Great American Race" or the "Super Bowl of Stock Car Racing".

Since 1997, the winner of the Daytona 500 has been presented with the Harley J. Earl Trophy in Victory Lane, and the winning car is displayed in race-winning condition for one year at Daytona 500 Experience, a museum and gallery adjacent to Daytona International Speedway."

Full Schedule of the condensed Speedweek (omitting the Busch Clash):

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10​

NASCAR Cup Series
12:05 p.m. ETFirst Practice
FS1
NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETQualifying
FS1

MRN

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11​

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
5:35 p.m. ETFirst Practice
FS1
NASCAR Cup Series
7 p.m. ETDuels at Daytona
FS1

MRN

continued...​

Where is the clash?

You dont know how to use a search engine and he's a "dummy"?
Well yeah. Someone publishes the schedule and misses the first and one of the best races.
And he is right about one thing, it also doesn't tell where.
When I went to school, we learned: who, where, what, when and how, and why.
But that seems gone with your generation. Sad🙄

No dummy, It's not listed in the schedule.
Next Tuesday night, Larry.

You should check with the Spotter ... I think he's older than you are. He spotted for Trevor Boys fer crassakes.

Back
Top Bottom