The End of the Camaro, Revman's prayers have been answered lol.

Would be pretty weird if GM essentially dropped the Chevy name from motorsports, since NASCAR is by far the flagship effort for that brand. They’ve already begun to use the Cadillac brand in other sporting programs and I’m just not sure this is the marketplace for that marque. I think the rumored Malibu refresh coming in a few years is supposed to retain the ICE, and still seems to make the most sense, even if its development timeline means Chevy runs the Camaro in NASCAR for an extra year in 2025.

I hope you're right, but the rumors I was hearing (several months ago, for what it's worth) is that the Camaro would be replaced by an "electric performance sedan" likely using the Malibu name.

As long as they have a sedan with a standard ICE, then I'm sure it'll be what GM uses for NASCAR.

I hope you're right, but the rumors I was hearing (several months ago, for what it's worth) is that the Camaro would be replaced by an "electric performance sedan" likely using the Malibu name.

As long as they have a sedan with a standard ICE, then I'm sure it'll be what GM uses for NASCAR.
I think it would be a mistake to drop the ICE Malibu, sales are on track for its best year since 2017 or so and it’s surpassed the Altima in the midsize market. This EV stuff just isn’t trending fast enough to abandon ICE cars entirely.

GM will never enter a Cadillac body into NASCAR. Cadillac is reserved for upper-crust series like IMSA and now F1.

I think a change to crossover bodies in NASCAR is coming sooner than people think, to where it actually wouldn't surprise me if the new Camry and Mustang bodies were the last new "car" bodies we ever get in the Cup Series.

Did you guys see how the Brazilian stockcar series is switching to crossover bodies? This same line of thinking will hit NASCAR soon enough, as the marketing departments of these OEMs will have less and less patience for pushing sedan or coupe silouttes that match so little of their sales volume in the showroom.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12/all-new-2025-chevy-tracker-stock-car-unveiled-in-brazil/

^Crossovers are just a fad that will fade away faster than the mini-van boom of the late 90s/early 2000s.

GM will never enter a Cadillac body into NASCAR. Cadillac is reserved for upper-crust series like IMSA and now F1.

I think a change to crossover bodies in NASCAR is coming sooner than people think, to where it actually wouldn't surprise me if the new Camry and Mustang bodies were the last new "car" bodies we ever get in the Cup Series.

Did you guys see how the Brazilian stockcar series is switching to crossover bodies? This same line of thinking will hit NASCAR soon enough, as the marketing departments of these OEMs will have less and less patience for pushing sedan or coupe silouttes that match so little of their sales volume in the showroom.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12/all-new-2025-chevy-tracker-stock-car-unveiled-in-brazil/
I'm not a fan of SUVs at all but the reality is that these are the cars that people buy. I wouldn't be surprised to see more series go that route. I think Cup cars will remain cars for time being (the sedan market is actually trending back upward in the states right now) but I could see Xfinity changing platforms since two manufacturers are already running the same models in Cup and Xfinity which doesn't make that much sense from a marketing standpoint.
I don't think Supercars will last much longer under the current rules either. Ford has repeatedly threatened to leave, GM is running a model they never even sold down under and all the drivers are fleeing to the states.

Back
Top Bottom