The End of the Camaro, Revman's prayers have been answered lol.

Would be pretty weird if GM essentially dropped the Chevy name from motorsports, since NASCAR is by far the flagship effort for that brand. They’ve already begun to use the Cadillac brand in other sporting programs and I’m just not sure this is the marketplace for that marque. I think the rumored Malibu refresh coming in a few years is supposed to retain the ICE, and still seems to make the most sense, even if its development timeline means Chevy runs the Camaro in NASCAR for an extra year in 2025.

I hope you're right, but the rumors I was hearing (several months ago, for what it's worth) is that the Camaro would be replaced by an "electric performance sedan" likely using the Malibu name.

As long as they have a sedan with a standard ICE, then I'm sure it'll be what GM uses for NASCAR.

I hope you're right, but the rumors I was hearing (several months ago, for what it's worth) is that the Camaro would be replaced by an "electric performance sedan" likely using the Malibu name.

As long as they have a sedan with a standard ICE, then I'm sure it'll be what GM uses for NASCAR.
I think it would be a mistake to drop the ICE Malibu, sales are on track for its best year since 2017 or so and it’s surpassed the Altima in the midsize market. This EV stuff just isn’t trending fast enough to abandon ICE cars entirely.

GM will never enter a Cadillac body into NASCAR. Cadillac is reserved for upper-crust series like IMSA and now F1.

I think a change to crossover bodies in NASCAR is coming sooner than people think, to where it actually wouldn't surprise me if the new Camry and Mustang bodies were the last new "car" bodies we ever get in the Cup Series.

Did you guys see how the Brazilian stockcar series is switching to crossover bodies? This same line of thinking will hit NASCAR soon enough, as the marketing departments of these OEMs will have less and less patience for pushing sedan or coupe silouttes that match so little of their sales volume in the showroom.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12/all-new-2025-chevy-tracker-stock-car-unveiled-in-brazil/

^Crossovers are just a fad that will fade away faster than the mini-van boom of the late 90s/early 2000s.

GM will never enter a Cadillac body into NASCAR. Cadillac is reserved for upper-crust series like IMSA and now F1.

I think a change to crossover bodies in NASCAR is coming sooner than people think, to where it actually wouldn't surprise me if the new Camry and Mustang bodies were the last new "car" bodies we ever get in the Cup Series.

Did you guys see how the Brazilian stockcar series is switching to crossover bodies? This same line of thinking will hit NASCAR soon enough, as the marketing departments of these OEMs will have less and less patience for pushing sedan or coupe silouttes that match so little of their sales volume in the showroom.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/12/all-new-2025-chevy-tracker-stock-car-unveiled-in-brazil/
I'm not a fan of SUVs at all but the reality is that these are the cars that people buy. I wouldn't be surprised to see more series go that route. I think Cup cars will remain cars for time being (the sedan market is actually trending back upward in the states right now) but I could see Xfinity changing platforms since two manufacturers are already running the same models in Cup and Xfinity which doesn't make that much sense from a marketing standpoint.
I don't think Supercars will last much longer under the current rules either. Ford has repeatedly threatened to leave, GM is running a model they never even sold down under and all the drivers are fleeing to the states.

Malibu is being canned at the end of the year to make way for Bolt production. So there’s the CT4 and CT5 still left as sedans at GM. Jeez.

Malibu is being canned at the end of the year to make way for Bolt production. So there’s the CT4 and CT5 still left as sedans at GM. Jeez.
Like it or not, Cadillac is being positioned as GMs performance/luxury brand ala BMW or AMG.

Ford doesn't sell any sedans.
But they DO sell a front engine coupe, and Chevrolet doesn't do that either. There has to be some end game here, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is. I simply do not buy the notion of Cadillac Cup and or Xfinity cars, so it just seems to me there has to be SOMETHING out there that GM is keeping a pretty tight lid on. I keep wondering about another ultra low volume car like the SS was, maybe a re-skinned CT5?

I don't get it. The Malibu sold better than most other Chevy models.
It's probably not quite as bad as in the US here but it's sad to see traditional cars going away. All these crossovers are so ugly.

I’m floored the Malibu is ending. My wife owns a 2014 version, very reliable and roomy. I guess there’s going to be nothing out there except crossover’s, SUV’s and electric soon. Bummer.

I’m floored the Malibu is ending. My wife owns a 2014 version, very reliable and roomy. I guess there’s going to be nothing out there except crossover’s, SUV’s and electric soon. Bummer.
Toyota Camry. Beautiful car. Hybrid. Poised. Balanced. Perfection.

Even though SUV's and crossovers dominate the market, cars like the Camry and Accord are proof there IS a market for sedans IF you offer the right product. It wasn't that long ago that Chevy was offering THREE sedans, and was never quite able to hit the mark with any of them, even though I know people that own all of them and are quite pleased with them. I have two friends that wouldn't trade their Cruze's for anything.

Back
Top Bottom