The Food thread

My wife made a pretty incredible chicken parm last night. Not too complicated, but very tasty. She is awesome! I love when she starts getting bored with the same old meals we always eat and decides to get a little more creative.

Well, then there's this. I know; a little over-the-top for a Nationwide raceday.

What are you making for the Cup race? I may have to make BBQ tomorrow now... Thanks for making me hungry.

What are you making for the Cup race? I may have to make BBQ tomorrow now... Thanks for making me hungry.
:D
Not sure yet. I gotta see whether my sister & brother-in-law are coming over.
The key to those babybacks is to rub them dry, wrap them in a few layers of foil, bake them at 225 for 2 hours, then slather them with sauce and cook them indirect over coals until they show a little burn.
These were a little more meaty than the store usually carries.

DP was talking about Delmonicos earlier this week (which I believe is Rib-eye), you can never go wrong with a grilled Rib-eye. Prolly my favorite :)

Had some Burritos last night after I arrived back from the US in the morning and to change it up a bit we made the leftovers into Nachos. I'm very full right now.

IMG_5757.JPG

BBQ'ed yesterday for the first time this year. Potato salad, burgers and chicken with iced tea. Trying to think summer.

I was about halfway through my dinner last night when I realized that I should have taken a picture of it and posted it here. My wife made tilapia in a grill pan with a little cumin and I think maybe just a touch of season salt, some creamy pasta alfredo and some nice broccoli on the side. The grill pan gives the tilapia just the absolute perfect grill marks when you get it good and hot before you put the filets in. It was the prettiest plate I've eaten from in forever. I'm sorry it was already half eaten before I thought of sharing it.

Hey Andy, the United States Of Bacon just came on on the Discovery Channel.

Chili dogs tonight. Hebrew National 1/4 lb. dogs, with homemade chili, pepper jack cheese, asadero cheese, mustard & onions. Homemade chili has cubed beef chuck, ground sirloin, bell pepper, Italian pomodoro tomatoes, onions, 20 Serrano chilis and some secret stuff...
Wifout cheese & onions

Wif cheese & onions

...and some of these on the side

If I eat that for supper my wife will make me sleep in a guest room.

Kiwi fast food. Before the hamburger chains came along our staple fast food in Australia and New Zealand was the humble meat pie you could buy from the local bakery.
They are still as popular as ever and while they aren't that good for the waistline they are very hard to say no to.
Many different varieties but this is just a plain mince pie. We call ground beef "mince" here, so its a ground beef in a gravy baked in a delicate flakey pastry and served hot.

Exquisite. :D
I drive past this guy on my way to work every day but its Good Friday here so he'll be shut.
IMG_4191 (Small).JPG
IMG_4194 (Small).JPG
IMG_4195 (Small).JPG

Kiwi fast food. Before the hamburger chains came along our staple fast food in Australia and New Zealand was the humble meat pie you could buy from the local bakery.
They are still as popular as ever and while they aren't that good for the waistline they are very hard to say no to.
Many different varieties but this is just a plain mince pie. We call ground beef "mince" here, so its a ground beef in a gravy baked in a delicate flakey pastry and served hot.

Exquisite. :D
I drive past this guy on my way to work every day but its Good Friday here so he'll be shut.
View attachment 13115 View attachment 13116 View attachment 13117
Damn, I would set up a tent in the parking lot.

See how you are? Thanks to your picture, I'm having pork chops, potatoes & gravy and veggies tonight :D
I'm glad I could help.

My wife thought I was crazy when I first told her I was going to make that meal shortly after we got married. My sister told me to use golden mushroom soup with chicken or pork chops. We decided we liked it a whole lot better with boneless pork chops. My wife got me to lightly pan sear the chops before I put them in a pot, with a lid on it, with a can of soup and about 2/3-1 can of water and bake it at about 325-350 for about 30 minutes or so and then take the lid off of the pan and bake for another 10 minutes or so to thicken the sauce. It goes absolutely great just as it is for a gravy on the potatoes.

I'm glad I could help.

My wife thought I was crazy when I first told her I was going to make that meal shortly after we got married. My sister told me to use golden mushroom soup with chicken or pork chops. We decided we liked it a whole lot better with boneless pork chops. My wife got me to lightly pan sear the chops before I put them in a pot, with a lid on it, with a can of soup and about 2/3-1 can of water and bake it at about 325-350 for about 30 minutes or so and then take the lid off of the pan and bake for another 10 minutes or so to thicken the sauce. It goes absolutely great just as it is for a gravy on the potatoes.
I'm going to have to try that method. Sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom