The Food thread

Check out the thickness of this bacon. It’s going into the oven.
71076462701__A552AB6A-71FF-4C66-8C09-97B8CA7EEA5B.jpeg

I don’t know why but I want to try that haha.
C'mon down to the Gulf or South Atlantic coasts. I can take you to a half a dozen places that do shrimp and grits, none of them alike, all of them great. I'll get you a mess of collards on the side.

C'mon down to the Gulf or South Atlantic coasts. I can take you to a half a dozen places that do shrimp and grits, none of them alike, all of them great. I'll get you a mess of collards on the side.

I have eaten at places on the Gulf and Atlantic side and they don't hold a candle to my wifes. The Dixie Lilley recipe is the best I have ever had.

I got home late from Paul’s, no time really, to cook anything. Neighbor chick text me and said she made manicotti, do I want any. 😍🙏🏻
I was going to hit the sheets without supper.

We have a local burger outlet nearby with just 2 locations in the city. Ordered too much but couldn't resist. So good! Called Lucky G's.
A smashed cheeseburger and a chicken thigh burger. 🤪

20230824_132713.jpg
20230824_133956.jpg

I overcooked a tri tip yesterday. It was all grey.
Gave it another shot today; pulled it at 120-125 degrees. Let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
IMG_3013.jpeg
IMG_3015.jpeg
RenderedImage.jpeg

Spice rubbed, sat 8 hours. No bbq sauce.

Really good on eggs or in a breakfast burrito.
IMG_3163.jpeg

Roasted tomatillos, roasted Serrano, roasted sweet onion, boiled tomatillos, chopped raw white onion, pulsed raw Serrano, a little cumin, a little Mexican oregano, salt, garlic, lime juice, cilantro.

24 hrs. after the fast:
Significant difference. I just feel better overall. More energy, less fatigue, no joint pain (less inflammation.) I already had a very low BMI, but what little belly fat I had is gone. I actually feel younger. I'm going to do this at least once a month, maybe not for 62 hours, but definitely 24-48 hours.

If you get Red Mill Steel Cut oats, simply follow the directions on the bag and add the items listed. I dice the apples, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. If there is another spice that might give added flavor haven't found it but keep looking.
Whizz, I have a question. Do you add the apples, vanilla and cinnamon after the oatmeal is cooked or do you add it to the crockpot with the oats and water prior to cooking?

Garbage tri tip and cast iron fries…View attachment 73671View attachment 73672

I learned about Tri Tip when I was in California for 6 years, cooked and ate a lot of it. I took a Jicard and tenderized it then marinated it in Italian dressing for 48 hours, good stuff.
Here in Florida, now, at Publix, Tri Tip is $15.00 a pound, it ain't that good to me to pay that.

Back
Top Bottom