The Food thread

They need to make bigger paper plates
BB7CE4E4-178A-4E72-A247-5DDC1FBEF074.jpeg

Cooked pork baby backs last night and will again tonight as I had to take dinner for friends at their house. I finished them on their grill.
Of course I bought too many so cooking more again tonight at home.

mini_Pork Ribs.jpg

@Clutch , see below, I am doing my part to help your Farmers in New Zealand :) , BTW, they are very good. Do you eat these? We have a nickname for them here in the states " Monkey Nuts". :lol2:

View attachment 48289
Absolutely! Sun Gold are everyone's favourite.
While @Whizzer is correct that we used to call them Chinese Gooseberries as kids we created this variety down here and changed the name for marketing purposes and well....... the rest is history.

Last nights super, I will give you the item then the source.

Fresh Venison Backstrap, Wild Rice, Glazed Carrots. MMMM MMMM good. Oven cooked to internal 120 degrees and then rested for 20 minutes.

The Item:
Venison meal.jpeg

The Source: Eight point Florida Bucks, each weighing in at just over 160 pounds
2-8 points.jpg

I need to get an air fryer. What do y’all got?

We got one, used it once in a year and it takes up counter space now. :(
Pit Boss smoker gets used 3 or 4 times a week and requires very little maintenance.
Haven't had a chance to try all the woods available, right now I am using mostly Hickory.

Reactions: sdj
We got one, used it once in a year and it takes up counter space now. :(
Pit Boss smoker gets used 3 or 4 times a week and requires very little maintenance.
Haven't had a chance to try all the woods available, right now I am using mostly Hickory.
I needa smoker, too. Right now the Weber kettle works good but it’s a lot of work if you’re cooking indirect and want to maintain a specific temp

I needa smoker, too. Right now the Weber kettle works good but it’s a lot of work if you’re cooking indirect and want to maintain a specific temp

The pit boss uses forced air and it maintains the set temp pretty damned good. The only thing I don't like is the temp probe, it seems to be way off. I pretty much just stick a fork in roasts and stuff to determine if they are done. We have done about 8 or 10 rump roasts, they come out fantastic. Takes about 5 to 6 hours to do roasts the way I cook them. I use a slow smoke setting that maintains an average of 250 degrees for about 3 hours and then turn it up to about 350.

The pit boss uses forced air and it maintains the set temp pretty damned good. The only thing I don't like is the temp probe, it seems to be way off. I pretty much just stick a fork in roasts and stuff to determine if they are done. We have done about 8 or 10 rump roasts, they come out fantastic. Takes about 5 to 6 hours to do roasts the way I cook them. I use a slow smoke setting that maintains an average of 250 degrees for about 3 hours and then turn it up to about 350.
My buddy has a Pit Boss. He’s pretty fussy and has perfected his technique. Some of the best grilling I’ve had around here.

My buddy has a Pit Boss. He’s pretty fussy and has perfected his technique. Some of the best grilling I’ve had around here.

Problem is there are so many methods and so many woods to try, as well as a million different spices. I have just kept it simple and used 50 50 mix of salt and black pepper. I still want to try apple and a few other woods. You can cook a 25 turkey on the damned thing, we are going to do one for thanksgiving , I hope it works.

Reactions: sdj
Yesterday morning I grilled a half pound hamburger steak drizzled with Worcestershire sauce and A-1 with a couple eggs, cottage cheese, fried potatoes with onions and toast with butter and strawberry jam.

Back
Top Bottom