The future of NASCAR console gaming

Should just find a way to recreate NASCAR Thunder 2004 with today's teams, cars and sponsors.

These guys are pretty active on Reddit and, from what I can tell, are responding to a lot of "please basically re-create NASCAR 06 with a 2k-style career mode and work out the physics as you go"

These guys are pretty active on Reddit and, from what I can tell, are responding to a lot of "please basically re-create NASCAR 06 with a 2k-style career mode and work out the physics as you go"
NASCAR 06 was probably the last good console game. EA really slipped in the later years, the Eutechnyx games were garbage, and NHE isn't much better.

Do you got a link ?

Their first game....Wasn't bad. It wasn't a glitchy mess like Eutechnyx. Hopefully growing will help make the next game better

Their first game....Wasn't bad. It wasn't a glitchy mess like Eutechnyx. Hopefully growing will help make the next game better
I think ive played mine a few times, but just couldnt get into it for some reason, didnt like how they set it up I guess

Of the different NASCAR console games I owned (NASCAR 2000, NASCAR 2005 Chase for the Cup, Nascar 2007, nascar the game 2011, nascar inside line) I've always thought 2005 and 2007 were best. I liked swapping between teammates cars in races in 2007 but loved the match races in street cars for 2005.

The only NASCAR console game I played was on Playstation 1 and it was NASCAR 98, and it was the 50 year special edition.

I think ive played mine a few times, but just couldnt get into it for some reason, didnt like how they set it up I guess
Same here. I bought my copy on Black Friday and started a season then, and I'm only up to the Coke 600. So basically I've played it 13 times in 4 months.

One of my biggest gripes with it, and it may seem nitpicky, is that if you're running back in the pack you can't tell who's leading. You can only see the positions of the two drivers ahead of and behind you. At least in the Eutechnyx games you could see the leader indicated on the track map.

It's 2017 and I can buy MLB: The Show and play a game at Polo Grounds, Tiger Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium and a few other retro ballparks. I have to unlock them but they're there.

It's 2017 and I buy a NASCAR video game and I have to unlock modern day tracks. I want a NASCAR game with Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Riverside, Old Atlanta. I'd love to race Chase Elliott at the Old Atlanta, take Kyle Larson around North Wilkesboro, and take a spin around Riverside.

Having to unlock current tracks basically made the game unplayable.

The primary issue I have had with every console NASCAR game is that they are WAAAAAY too easy, even on the most difficult setting. Once you figure out how to set up your car at any track, you can lap the entire field in a 20% length race (even at the plate tracks). It is unacceptable that I can be 2 seconds faster than the #2 car in qualifying at Talladega on the highest difficulty setting.

It's 2017 and I can buy MLB: The Show and play a game at Polo Grounds, Tiger Stadium, Old Yankee Stadium and a few other retro ballparks. I have to unlock them but they're there.

It's 2017 and I buy a NASCAR video game and I have to unlock modern day tracks. I want a NASCAR game with Rockingham, North Wilkesboro, Riverside, Old Atlanta. I'd love to race Chase Elliott at the Old Atlanta, take Kyle Larson around North Wilkesboro, and take a spin around Riverside.

It takes like 20 minutes to unlock all tracks...

I remember the day I got the original NASCAR Racing by Papyrus in 1994 from an awesome store called Incredible Universe.....

...and bought every version of the Papyrus/Sierra game for my PC up until the final version, NR2003. I loved those games.

NASCAR Heat (Dirt to Daytona) was pretty good too, and a couple of the EA Thunder console games were fun, but unfortunately we've never had a truly deep NASCAR game on a console. I bought Heat Evolution and it's much better than the Eutechnyx garbage that preceded it, but it's still pretty bare bones. Here's hoping we will one day have a NASCAR game that can even come close to matching the feature rich greatness of NBA2K or MLB The Show.

Same here. I bought my copy on Black Friday and started a season then, and I'm only up to the Coke 600. So basically I've played it 13 times in 4 months.

One of my biggest gripes with it, and it may seem nitpicky, is that if you're running back in the pack you can't tell who's leading. You can only see the positions of the two drivers ahead of and behind you. At least in the Eutechnyx games you could see the leader indicated on the track map.
I dont think ive started a season yet, was unlocking the tracks, and then lost interest in that part.

And you know, I dont recall noticing that you can see who is leading, but that would sort of bug me too, while it really doesnt matter in a video game who is leading, it is still , for some reason, important.

This was my introduction into the world of sim racing! :D

This game was the basis of my love for NASCAR. I had no racing fans in my family, but I fell in love with the details of the car setup, the variety of tracks, and that lengthy instruction book that included the history of the sport.

NASCAR99 Papyrus was the most fun. If you wanted to run a realistic race you could do it. If you wanted to be an invincible bulldozer you could too. Plus a lot of tracks no longer run, also every angle of replay at any time during the race could be accessed and you could modify every paint scheme however you wanted if u were skilled enough with mouse-click paint.

WOO Sprint Cars for PC was/is my favorite By Ratbag. They never finished it though so you could play online. I got so i could win at Bristol just about every time. Force feedback steering wheel allowed you to feel the car wheeling off the corners.

Best thing about NHE is the AI, everything else is kinda meh. If they can implement the same AI with much better graphics & gameplay options I'll be satisfied.

I didn't buy the new game this year, wanted to wait. I bought NASCAR 2014 the one I think with Jeff Gordon on the cover and it was the worst racing game I ever played. I love your point about old school tracks, F1 game by Codemasters came out with a championship/retro edition a few years back that had older tracks the circuit didn't race at anymore. It was bad ass to race at tracks that Senna raced on. I think however the current NASCAR game is years away from that if what everyone is saying is true here about improvements needed for the graphics, gameplay, and career mode.

I had that game too (for NES). I remember Bill Elliott would ask you to hand over your NASCAR license if you sucked, lol.

Here's some gameplay from that masterpiece.

Had this game, wish I could find it...

2005 Is the best NASCAR game period. That's the game that got the physics of how a car would handle the closest in my opinion.

I always lost the California races because the tires would be shot at the end of the run and I would be sliding all over the place. LOL

Loved that challenge.

I had that game too (for NES). I remember Bill Elliott would ask you to hand over your NASCAR license if you sucked, lol.

Here's some gameplay from that masterpiece.

People who complain about popup in modern games should take a look at this video. The track appears just a few feet ahead!:D

All they need to do to make me happy is make a game that isnt full of glitches. Although I havent played '15 or Heat evolution yet.. Anyone know if theyre full of glitches too? Ive been hesitant to get them for that reason.

All they need to do to make me happy is make a game that isnt full of glitches. Although I havent played '15 or Heat evolution yet.. Anyone know if theyre full of glitches too? Ive been hesitant to get them for that reason.

Heat is largely glitch free. I've had the game since the day it came out, experienced maybe two glitches (one crash, one caution that would never end)

I found '15 to be very glitchy. I have it for Xbox 360, and there are certain times when I'll go to the pits and there is no crew, the car just sits in the pit stall, and won't move. I haven't seen anything like that in the little bit I've played NHE on Xbox One though.

WOO Sprint Cars for PC was/is my favorite By Ratbag. They never finished it though so you could play online. I got so i could win at Bristol just about every time. Force feedback steering wheel allowed you to feel the car wheeling off the corners.

Ratbag also made the "Dirt Track Racing" games, did they not? Man those games were fun

Yes they did. Like Papyrus, that was another company that You couldn't wait to get a hold of the next title they were making. I think they even made an offroad title once that was actually kinda fun.

CART World Series on the PS1 was a game that me and a buddy used to have some serious battles on. Michigan was a blast on that game.

Not a big gamer anymore as I think these new consoles are horrible. I loved Dirt to Daytona and also had NASCAR Thunder 2004 and NASCAR 08. Still played 08 up until the last couple of year when my PS2 finally give out. The newer games have all sucked as they don't have Xfinity or Trucks and has a weak career mode.

I just find it completely crazy that now a days you put a new game in and have to wait for it to download while 20 years ago you would put the game in and be playing after a short loading screen.

Okay so skip '15 go right to heat ..got it

One thing that really bugs me in '14 is the spotter stops talking after a bit into the race or after the first pit stop. It doesn't affect the gameplay much but it gets too quiet.

Back
Top Bottom