The hobby thread --- what are yours?

Fishing.............cooking.............Fishing............time with grandson...........Fishing..........time with daughter............Fishing

gees, I've had a bunch of em when I think about it. Motorcycles, and then sailing/racing catamarans, had a hang glider for a while, Guns, still have a few, bought a big truck and traveled the country for five years, hobby/work deal, got the traveling bug out of my system, old cars, have one left, 68 dodge P.U. Lately have been clearing walking paths on the property down closer to the lake for dog and I to walk around in the woods, dabbling with H.O. slot cars and catching all the racing I can. Loving retirement.

Racing RC Cars and working on them, going to airshows, riding my waverunner on the lake, or just being on the lake, and probably my favorite thing to do is trail riding on my mountain bike and just being outdoors.

Sports, weight lifting, fishing, movie going & watching racing.

Racing RC Cars and working on them, going to airshows, riding my waverunner on the lake, or just being on the lake, and probably my favorite thing to do is trail riding on my mountain bike and just being outdoors.

do you race off road RC or on road? I love RC planes have a few air hogs just have not taken the plunge to full on yet

I mainly race offroad and dirt oval, but I did buy an onroad car last month and I am going to give that a try. I personally don't like the offroad, but that's about all we have around here. I like flying as well, I have had a few foam planes through the years and it's fun to mess with.

I mainly race offroad and dirt oval, but I did buy an onroad car last month and I am going to give that a try. I personally don't like the offroad, but that's about all we have around here. I like flying as well, I have had a few foam planes through the years and it's fun to mess with.
Thought about buying a traxxx racing truck...

Bellefontaine, born and raised. *waves*
Thats where my parents got my ol' Huskies dad from.

uploadfromtaptalk1426177033433.jpg

Actually, found a pic of Bo. This was my dads first Husky. We got him for his birthday gift back in the late 90's. Drove up to Bellefontaine to get him and he puked all over my sister on the way home. Lol

Great looking dog there. This is Naja, lost her to Cushing's disease in Dec of 2013.
Plans were to get another that spring but something happened, then we became Gparents of twins last April so we'll wait another year or two.
Living by a elementary school and the little kids would flock to her yelling "SNOW DOG!" after the Disney movie.

Picture001_zpscc353617.jpg

Last edited:
Love my Huskies, except when they shed. Lol My parents started breeding them, so for the last 20 years, they are all I've had, minus the Yorkie and American Eskimo we currently have. Here's our other Husky, Dakota, with Cherokee. Dakota got Parvo when she was a year old. Thats some nasty stuff. $4k later, ugh, she's alive and well. Minus the brain damage I swear it caused!

uploadfromtaptalk1426208859132.jpg

Is this the husky thread..Oh crap I thought it was the HOBBY thread. Can't post, all have is a Greyhound.:biggrin: Beautiful dogs though, I have always like them. Too hot around here for them though.

Is this the husky thread..Oh crap I thought it was the HOBBY thread. Can't post, all have is a Greyhound.:biggrin: Beautiful dogs though, I have always like them. Too hot around here for them though.
With 4 dogs, I guess they can be considered a hobby. :D

My hobbies: car racing (well, went back to karts because my local tracks have gone haywire), collect vinyl records (especially 45s), do some converting cars to electric power. Collect Matchbox sized dicasts of racing cars and muscle cars, but not so much any more. Occasionally build circuits in my electronics shop. Also very slowly restoring my 1967 LeMans convertible.
Would love to build an electric racing kart but don't have the budget.

I'm impressed with the needlework. My wife does that stuff too.
Also impressed by the nature photos. I used to do that years ago - using my Insta-Matic camera! Don't hike as much as I used too - probably should get back to it.

My hobby is buying shoes. I have this crazy obsession for it. I also love staying fit with a nice jog/run pretty much each day.

My hobby is being a 13 year old kid and doing as much fun stuff I can since most of my day is spent sitting in school. I do like listening to music, having sleepovers with my friends, talking about boys, and also going swimming in the warmer weather.

Here is hint to one of my hobbys, fresh in from Japan my contact at the company
DSC_0128_zpsgqlk84mg.jpg

Ok since I know most people wont get it, one of my hobbies is building scale plastic models
IMG_1740_zpsq3thiitp.jpg

Something I didn't mention, I love to camp. I haven't done it for years, I don't have the equipment. Someday, I'd like to buy a little vintage camper and go camp on the weekends. I'd like something like these.

th

8950159_orig.jpg

Something I didn't mention, I love to camp. I haven't done it for years, I don't have the equipment. Someday, I'd like to buy a little vintage camper and go camp on the weekends. I'd like something like these.

th

8950159_orig.jpg
Yes you can certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of camping in any trailer.

Yes you can certainly get a lot of enjoyment out of camping in any trailer.

Don't take this wrong, I don't want to sound awful for talking about this but when Mom's house is sold, I'll get 1/4 of what we sell it for. We'll see how everything works out.

Don't take this wrong, I don't want to sound awful for talking about this but when Mom's house is sold, I'll get 1/4 of what we sell it for. We'll see how everything works out.
That's not awful at all. It's what you mom wanted. Put it good use and let her smile down at your enjoyment. :)

I'm going to help Jennifer buy a new car, Mom would have liked that. She adored Jennifer.
I'm sure she did/does. Seeing you posts on this forum we can't help but feel the same. Funny how we all become somewhat close without ever really knowing oneanother.

I'm sure she did/does. Seeing you posts on this forum we can't help but feel the same. Funny how we all become somewhat close without ever really knowing oneanother.

You are so kind. I love posting to you. I'm very lucky to have you for a friend.

You are so kind. I love posting to you. I'm very lucky to have you for a friend.
I'm sure that I speak for everyone on this site when I say we are all on your side Lisa and all wish the very best for you.

Back
Top Bottom