The new jayski.....

Yes.

Dammit ... I really wanted to complain ... be part of a group ... make some new friends. You've roont everything.
You can complain about the countdown clock missing.

More significantly, if you navigate away from the home page, the top site navigation bar goes away. I'm pretty sure that will get clean up in short order.

I hate it. I normally check it every morning when I wake up to see if any new news is out there....guess now I'll have to use Twitter more for that or something. Stupid they changed it.

I see what's going on. My bookmark points directly to the Cup page, not the top level Jayski page.

I see the new site now. I'll take a look around.

I don't visit Jayski that often but it doesn't look like any content has been lost from what I can recall.

Yes.

Dammit ... I really wanted to complain ... be part of a group ... make some new friends. You've roont everything.

I really thought you were coming over to the dark side for a moment......:D

IDK if I am more surprised that Jayski changed or the clash only had 15K spectators.

I hate it. I normally check it every morning when I wake up to see if any new news is out there....guess now I'll have to use Twitter more for that or something. Stupid they changed it.

Check r/NASCAR

Lots of **** posting but there is a lot of great info. Plus some drivers and teams have a presence there.

As far as Jayski goes, there's ways to trick the new site into showing you the old site, just have to mess with some of the links.

It seems like when he moved closer to the teams his site hasn't been what it seems. It was if he tried to get too cozy with people in the industry. I always liked the rumors "I'm hearing....". It was always fun when he'd post those and the mainstream NASCAR media outlets would try to confirm and verify the rumor and more times than not, the rumor would turn out to be true, despite the denials. Sadly, his site became a site I went less and less to.

Great for content aggregation. Terrible for conversation, unless you're into circlejerks.

LOL I got blasted there last year regarding Dibenedetto in the All Star race.

Everyone was bent because he wasn't voted in.

I said something like "Good, the BK ****boxes don't belong in the all-star race." And then I may or may not have criticized for their dumbass support of the Doge car... got like 60 downvotes lol.

The circle jerks are definitely stupid.

LOL I got blasted there last year regarding Dibenedetto in the All Star race.

Everyone was bent because he wasn't voted in.

I said something like "Good, the BK ****boxes don't belong in the all-star race." And then I may or may not have criticized for their dumbass support of the Doge car... got like 60 downvotes lol.

The circle jerks are definitely stupid.
YOU DARE MOCK THE SON OF A DOGE AND A DIBURRITO?

Gods. And you think this is easier to navigate than new Jayski? At least I understand Jay's titles / captions.

The top post is titled about the new Jayski site, but it opens on a four-year-old page that had nothing to do with the site even then.

Most of it looked more like opinions than hard content. When I want opinions, I go to ... this place. If I wanted Twitter feeds, I'd go to Twitter.

I'll let y'all filter that puppy for me. Thanks in advance.

Gods. And you think this is easier to navigate than new Jayski? At least I understand Jay's titles / captions.

The top post is titled about the new Jayski site, but it opens on a four-year-old page that had nothing to do with the site even then.

Most of it looked more like opinions than hard content. When I want opinions, I go to ... this place. If I wanted Twitter feeds, I'd go to Twitter.

Youre kidding right? Reddit had to be one of the most archaic active sites on the web. Its straight out of 1995.

It's all user generated so you end up with a lot of BS topics, a lot like you find here.

If you click "top posts" it'll give you the pertinent info. You could go beyond that and choose top posts for last 24 hrs/7 days/one month/one year/all time.

The main thing to know about that site is when big news happens, it shows up there pretty much immediately.

Love the content and updates. Hate the conversations. Its exactly as you say. r/NFL is the same way. I feel like half the forum are 15 year olds.

I prefer this place for NASCAR chat hands down.
Sounds like the "NASCAR The Game" forum a few years back, but least there was valid excuse for it sounding like it was a bunch of 15y/o's, because it primarily was made up of teens :D

My guess is a a good amount of them went to Reddit when it shut down.

Youre kidding right? Reddit had to be one of the most archaic active sites on the web. Its straight out of 1995.
I didn't say it was modern, I said I found it confusing, and most of the content to be opinion. I go to Jayski as an aggregator, and for content that's backed up in some way. I trust the guy to know what he's posting because he's been at it for so long. When I want opinions, I come here.

Outside of the facelift, all the information that I've always looked for seems to be there. Going to take some getting used to but it'll still be my 'goto' place for NASCAR news each morning.

It's all user generated so you end up with a lot of BS topics, a lot like you find here.

If you click "top posts" it'll give you the pertinent info. You could go beyond that and choose top posts for last 24 hrs/7 days/one month/one year/all time.

The main thing to know about that site is when big news happens, it shows up there pretty much immediately.
Ah, but I don't feel any need to know 'big news' immediately. It's one of the reasons I gave up trying to figure out Twitter (which I also find confusing and to contain more opinion than fact-based content, more chaff than grain). There's nothing in the sports world that will change my life if I don't learn it for a couple of days; very little outside of sports, for that matter.

I may take another look at it when I have more time than I did yesterday.

Outside of the facelift, all the information that I've always looked for seems to be there. Going to take some getting used to but it'll still be my 'goto' place for NASCAR news each morning.
Yeah, I preferred being able to read the actual text without having to open individual links, but the web users have expressed their preference for consuming content on small-screen devices. Web site design has to take that into account or face losing audience (kinda like NASCAR itself).

Still too early for me to tell. I generally don't make a conscious decision to abandon a web site. I just suddenly notice that I'm not going there anymore.

Back
Top Bottom