The new jayski.....

Jayski hasn't really been all that relevant since he sold the site to espn. He use to post good early info. Now you can find it other places first.

Dear Brian,
This is one of the idiots in charge at ESPN and I have a question, If something is working fine and not broken should we flub with it like you have done with NASCAR ?
Thanks for inspiring us and other idiots all over the world .

Dear Idiot ,

yesh. never leave well enough alone.

Your's Truly, The head idiot in charge at NASCRAP

Dear Brian,
This is one of the idiots in charge at ESPN and I have a question, If something is working fine and not broken should we flub with it like you have done with NASCAR ?
Thanks for inspiring us and other idiots all over the world .

Dear Idiot ,

yesh. never leave well enough alone.

Your's Truly, The head idiot in charge at NASCRAP
You assume it was working 'right'. And it was, for those of us who view the web on a 19" monitor (or larger). But most web sites today are viewed on a 5" phone. The old site chock full of text was unreadable on the devices used by most content consumers in 2017.

As one of the idiots who supports web sites, trust me; nobody bites off a project like this just because they had a couple of spare hours to kill waiting for the latest 'Fast and Furious' to download.

I'm disappointed. :( The new website no longer has numerous articles condensed into a paragraph within one web page. Now, your only option is to click on a link to read a full article, just like almost every other website.

You assume it was working 'right'. And it was, for those of us who view the web on a 19" monitor (or larger). But most web sites today are viewed on a 5" phone. The old site chock full of text was unreadable on the devices used by most content consumers in 2017.

As one of the idiots who supports web sites, trust me; nobody bites off a project like this just because they had a couple of spare hours to kill waiting for the latest 'Fast and Furious' to download.
According to many here,myself included,it was working fine.

According to many here,myself included,it was working fine.
Oh, it worked fine for me too. I suspect you and most of the complainers view it on a computer monitor, same as me.

I also suspect the tools we use to view the site aren't the same tools used by the majority of the target audience (phones and tablets). We might as well be asking to have it displayed in a format that fits our local newspapers, or our TV sets. Media changes.

I guess they have finalized wiping out all legacy Jayski pages. I now get sent to the new improved Jayski site where I can keep track of the current NBA scores and be referred to the Miami Hurricanes football page and I am not even going to mention a link for "Activism in the NBA"...oops
Just removed Jasyki from my Bookmarks.

I have visited jayski.com everyday since 1998-1999 and the new site is terrible. jayski did what he always said he wouldn't do when he sold out to espn. somebody please start an old school jayski copycat site! r.i.p. jayski.com you just lost a lot of visitors!

I have visited jayski.com everyday since 1998-1999 and the new site is terrible. jayski did what he always said he wouldn't do when he sold out to espn. somebody please start an old school jayski copycat site! r.i.p. jayski.com you just lost a lot of visitors!
Welcome!

Maybe three minutes ago. The cup schedule page.

00.jayski.JPG

I really don't like the new site. Much like Drudge Report that I visit throughout the day, it condensed many articles into an easily readable format. Also like Drudge, Jayski was pretty much the same as it was in the earliest days of the internet. Bad idea, perhaps it'll go back if enough complain?

I really don't like the new site. Much like Drudge Report that I visit throughout the day, it condensed many articles into an easily readable format. Also like Drudge, Jayski was pretty much the same as it was in the earliest days of the internet. Bad idea, perhaps it'll go back if enough complain?

If it was rewritten for better browsing on an iPhone, it won't be going back. Us putter people are out of luck.

Yeah, and the playoffs will go away too.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :owquitit: :moon: :crash: :youliketh :boxing: I detest the new Jayski

I'm all better now. I've logged on to Jayski every morning since it's been a website to see whats up in Nascar. And now the last decent place to get a quick fix on Nascar news is no more. Some "genius" needs to be burnt at the stake.

It sucks wow...

I agree the new Jayski.com website really sucks big time. I loved the old version because it was strictly NASCAR racing only. Now since ESPN has pretty much taken over it, it sucks because not only do we get racing news but also other sports news, too. I hate it. Time to go back to nascar.com again. There's also thatsracin.com, too.

Still having trouble navigating . Some of the buttons are still going to error pages.

Now that I've finally pretty much figured out how to program my VCR (which had a piece of electrical tape over the flashing 12:00 for the longest time), I figure that in time I'll be able to find what I'm looking for on the new Jayski site.
:D

For years I never understood the Nascar website. I don't care about ever seeing a video clip, a tweet, or ia nterview from the last race. I want basic info like what time does the race actually start, what time are practices, what are the practice results, etc. As a true fan I just want to see how my driver did in practice. I have not been able to locate that for the last five years, I ALWAYS go to Jayski for that information. It was always simple and easy to find. I was always amazed at hard it was to find anything relevant on the Nascar site.

Congrat's ESPN you have made the new Jayski every bit as terrible as the Nascar site. I jused to check the site daily but will have to find another source or just quit looking all together. VERY frustrated

For years I never understood the Nascar website. I don't care about ever seeing a video clip, a tweet, or ia nterview from the last race. I want basic info like what time does the race actually start, what time are practices, what are the practice results, etc. As a true fan I just want to see how my driver did in practice. I have not been able to locate that for the last five years, I ALWAYS go to Jayski for that information. It was always simple and easy to find. I was always amazed at hard it was to find anything relevant on the Nascar site.

Congrat's ESPN you have made the new Jayski every bit as terrible as the Nascar site. I jused to check the site daily but will have to find another source or just quit looking all together. VERY frustrated
Did you try clicking on the link for the upcoming race that is top dead center on jayski's page? It's entitled

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Atlanta Race info page

All the information that you are looking for is one simple click away, just like always.

All the information that is was on the old site is available on the new site. It really doesn't take much to figure it out. The page is pretty self explanitory IMO.

I'm starting to think people are having a fear of fonts. Is there such a thing? Probably.

Not sure I understand. The old website worked flawless on my cell phone. Zoom in/out as needed. Easy peasy

Paint schemes gone?

Sorry, I thought the question was about the Paint Scheme page. Guess I misunderstood.

Who's on first?

Not sure I understand. The old website worked flawless on my cell phone. Zoom in/out as needed. Easy peasy
I've talked to people who feel zooming in and out is too inconvenient, that the content should be formatted to fit by default. :rolleyes:

In the old days, we called them 'Whiners'. Somehow they seem to outnumber the rest of us, although I'm not sure how they survive long enough to breed.

Sorry, I thought the question was about the Paint Scheme page. Guess I misunderstood.
You were right about the paint schemes. He has two different questions posted, and I'm not sure I answered his second one. I'm not sure what a 'race by race chart' is.

You were right about the paint schemes. He has two different questions posted, and I'm not sure I answered his second one. I'm not sure what a 'race by race chart' is.
Okay, I thought he was asking if the paint schemes were under race chart. I don't know what the race chart was either. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom