The new NASCAR.com coming January 1st

I can't say that I've ever used their page to get stats before so I'm not familiar with what they had. The easiest place to get stat for fantasy pick is http://www.motorracingnetwork.com IMO. Their section called Race Center, on the main page, has the stats updated very quickly and is already broken out into a concise format. The same information is available on Racing Reference but more navigation is involved.
Thanks. It looks like the MRN site has the info I'm looking for. I like Racing Reference for historical data, but I've never been able to find the current race's qualifying and practice numbers.

Anyone else having problems with this site. I don't have any app stuff because I have no cell phone but I do have raceview.
That didn't work last night, and half the time I can't even access the website for about the last 4 days.
As far as do I like it................HELL NO!!!

Anyone else having problems with this site. I don't have any app stuff because I have no cell phone but I do have raceview.
That didn't work last night, and half the time I can't even access the website for about the last 4 days.
As far as do I like it................HELL NO!!!
Started having issues with their site Saturday morning leading up to and through the Sprint Unlimited. Like I posted earlier in this thread their response was.....

@NASCAR
We recognize and apologize for issues experienced on NASCAR .com tonight, particularly with Live Leaderboard, log-ins and RaceView. We are working diligently to resolve these issues before the qualifying races.

I wonder if a discount is in the works for those of us that paid for this.
waiting.gif

Somehow I'm guessing not.

Started having issues with their site Saturday morning leading up to and through the Sprint Unlimited. Like I posted earlier in this thread their response was.....

@NASCAR
We recognize and apologize for issues experienced on NASCAR .com tonight, particularly with Live Leaderboard, log-ins and RaceView. We are working diligently to resolve these issues before the qualifying races.

I wonder if a discount is in the works for those of us that paid for this.
waiting.gif

Somehow I'm guessing not.

I'm sure they have a disclaimer allowing them to legally not provide what you've paid for in good faith.

I'm sure they have a disclaimer allowing them to legally not provide what you've paid for in good faith.
I'm sure you're correct. I was pissed that it wouldn't work but as the same time I've subscribed to their service for years and this is the first problem that I can remember. They'll get it fixed and hopefully in time for the Dual.

I'm sure you're correct. I was pissed that it wouldn't work but as the same time I've subscribed to their service for years and this is the first problem that I can remember. They'll get it fixed and hopefully in time for the Dual.

I don't bother with such stuff but I'd think that 5 days is enough time to get it working for those that do.

Ive been a subscriber for years. Never had an issue with it until last year. It seemeed like every week something wasnt working and they werent very fast to fix it or very forthcoming about what caused the problems. So when I heard they had totally revamped the site and the mobile app I was exited. So far its more of the same. Couldnt even log in to the website, and the in car audio from the mobile app only works as long as you keep your screen on. Ended up having to plug my phone in and set the screen timeout to max and hope I remember to touch it every five minutes. So far im not impressed.

Ive been a subscriber for years. Never had an issue with it until last year. It seemeed like every week something wasnt working and they werent very fast to fix it or very forthcoming about what caused the problems. So when I heard they had totally revamped the site and the mobile app I was exited. So far its more of the same. Couldnt even log in to the website, and the in car audio from the mobile app only works as long as you keep your screen on. Ended up having to plug my phone in and set the screen timeout to max and hope I remember to touch it every five minutes. So far im not impressed.

Is it possible to simultaneously run another app which will keep the screen from timing out? I know it's not a perfect fix and will kill the battery if you're not plugged in but it may help.

You should have an option under your settings that prevents the screen from 'sleeping'. On my Android phone it is called the 'Sleep' option.

Only thing I found was under dev options where screen doesnt sleep while charging. I have the galaxy s3. Still annoying. Cant even check the lineup in the same app without killing the audio feed.

Well I see it's not just me, I thought maybe it was my computer or my internet service. I was gonna downgrade to just the scanner this year after all the problems last year but with all the talk of upgrades I decided to keep it.
I tried to log onto the website 5 minutes ago and got nothing. I can't even get to the website to attempt cancelation.

Well I see it's not just me, I thought maybe it was my computer or my internet service. I was gonna downgrade to just the scanner this year after all the problems last year but with all the talk of upgrades I decided to keep it.
I tried to log onto the website 5 minutes ago and got nothing. I can't even get to the website to attempt cancelation.
Try this link for support. They can either cancel it for you or get you to the right place. I used this link earlier this morning for a billing dispute.

Link

Streak to the finish is up and running, yahoo.

So I woke up this morning and was greeted by an update to the nascar mobile app. Crossing my fingers that the issues have been fixed!

I just updated to 2.1.1 which included a lengthy set of improvements. Hopefully the issues have been pretty much ameliorated and it will work well tomorrow.

The mobile app seems to have improved. It keeps the screen on now and the audio doesnt stop if you switch screens. I had officials channel playing on my tablet and smoke on my phone.

(No results of the Shootout or the Duels) + (No practice speeds) = (No reason for me to look at the site).

If they can't get the results posted from earlier races in a timely fashion, there's no reason to think they'll get qualifying or practice for other races posted in time for me to use them for fantasy purposes. DPK, thanks again for the MRN reference.

Practice speeds, race lineups and results for each of the three series were on the home page easy to find. Probably overlooking them but if they are there I sure as hell cant find them. They must of hired people from the local day labor pool with limited computer experience to build and monitor the website. Cant blame it on them, fire their bosses and start over. "Nothing" is as it should be on there, Nothing.

Probably overlooking them but if they are there I sure as hell cant find them.
Oh, I can find where they SHOULD be. For each practice, qualification, and race so far, there's a column with the words 'NO RESULTS'. If they aren't going to post them, don't put in a placeholder for them.

Back
Top Bottom