The next stars of NASCAR

Yea, a driver like Dale Sr., Richard Petty, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson are pretty rare.
The only other driver I can think of right now that may end up in that territory is Kyle Busch. Already has 43 wins and is still only 32 years old. I don't think Kyle will catch any of the guys you mentioned in wins, but 70 career Cup wins for him is a definite possibility by the time it's all said and done.

The only other driver I can think of right now that may end up in that territory is Kyle Busch. Already has 43 wins and is still only 32 years old. I don't think Kyle will catch any of the guys you mentioned in wins, but 70 career Cup wins for him is a definite possibility by the time it's all said and done.

Yea, I can see Kyle Busch winning 4 championships.

That's what I said, hasn't shown he can win yet.
He’s had 10 second place finishes in two years of being a Cup Driver, 6 this year alone. With the right breaks those could have been wins, those breaks are going to fall his way eventually if he keeps running up front. Your entitled to your opinion but wow to think he can’t beat Jr’s 26 career wins? I’d bet you on that. I think Chase gets 45-52 career wins

He’s had 10 second place finishes in two years of being a Cup Driver, 6 this year alone.
Man I saw this reported via numerous outlets (NBCSN, FS1, etc.) this season after the Fall Charlotte race I think it was, and it drove me nuts. He's got 7 career 2nd's, 5 this year. 4 of those came in the playoffs.

After that Charlotte race they were saying he had 6 2nd place finishes this season. LOL no. Thought it was pretty bad for them all to be that far off, like they were copying and pasting info from one another.

I may start pulling for Suarez next year just to buck the trends and get a good seat on the bandwagon
I like Suarez, but his Toyota ties make me root against him slightly. He seems like a great guy off the track too.

He'll come around, it took him some time to get a handle on the Xfinity car but once he did we all saw what happened.

He’s had 10 second place finishes in two years of being a Cup Driver, 6 this year alone. With the right breaks those could have been wins, those breaks are going to fall his way eventually if he keeps running up front. Your entitled to your opinion but wow to think he can’t beat Jr’s 26 career wins? I’d bet you on that. I think Chase gets 45-52 career wins

Right breaks, those breaks, eventually if could be said about alot of drivers. He's got 2 years 0 wins and drivers are not driving as long as they use to. If he races 15 more years he'll have to win almost 3.5 races a year to get to your 52. To reach JR's 26 its just over 1.5 which I think is way more reasonable.

Right breaks, those breaks, eventually if could be said about alot of drivers. He's got 2 years 0 wins and drivers are not driving as long as they use to. If he races 15 more years he'll have to win almost 3.5 races a year to get to your 52. To reach JR's 26 its just over 1.5 which I think is way more reasonable.
I could flip it to If he races 20 years at 3 wins a year that’s 60. And you’re totally overlooking that fact that at just 2 Years in he’s running up front and contending. Yes he hasn’t closed out races but these races are so hard to win, you don’t give the kid any learning curve what so ever? He carried HMS over the last 10 weeks, you’re over looking that a bit too I think. I disagree with you 100%, but at the same time none of us can predict the future he might get hurt, HMS might fall further down. All I can say is I’d bet on him winning 45-50 races, I’d bet it 100 times out of 100

I think we are going to see a much different climate next year. Some of the rule changes are going to make a difference, and GM has a new car in the game that can't help but be more competitive.

I could flip it to If he races 20 years at 3 wins a year that’s 60. And you’re totally overlooking that fact that at just 2 Years in he’s running up front and contending. Yes he hasn’t closed out races but these races are so hard to win, you don’t give the kid any learning curve what so ever? He carried HMS over the last 10 weeks, you’re over looking that a bit too I think. I disagree with you 100%, but at the same time none of us can predict the future he might get hurt, HMS might fall further down. All I can say is I’d bet on him winning 45-50 races, I’d bet it 100 times out of 100
Averaging 3 wins a year over 20 years will be pretty difficult, especially when you consider he'll be fighting with guys like Logano, Larson, Blaney, Byron, and Jones for those wins for years to come, and with guys like KyBu, Keselowski, and Truex likely not retiring in the foreseeable future either.

Hopefully HMS comes out of the gate with a good handle on the new car and it doesn't take half the season to get going. The Toyota teams played that game with the new Camry.

Hopefully HMS comes out of the gate with a good handle on the new car and it doesn't take half the season to get going. The Toyota teams played that game with the new Camry.

Without track testing that Nascar has outlawed it will take awhile. Computers can only do so much. And how good is Bowman's day job info in the simulator

I think the sports in good hands with these young drivers, really alot coming up and some get left out of being mentioned. Jones and Suarez have kind of been overshadowed so far by the veteran teamates but both drove well this year. Bell is a guy that could be a star as well and JGR might not have the room to keep him. I think he should take over the 11 and he doesn't then I believe he'll end up in the 1 with Larson as teammate.

Blaney has proven he can win and will be moving to Penske which won't hurt. Ford is a bit behind in the driver development but they are getting some progress in the lower series. Roush hasn't really produced new stars after their stars left but Ricky has proven he can win on restrictor plate tracks. Looks like SHR will eventually get Custer who has been up and down. Bell could also be s possibility there if JGR lets him slip.

Chevy has alot of young drivers. Larson is so far the star among them all. Chase of course will be a star and the the next most popular driver for as many years as he drives. Byron really has me excited to see what he can do in Cup, he's caught on quick to everything he's drove do far. Bowman is an interesting one as he's older than most and took a different path to a top tide than most. I haven't been impressed with him but he could still surprise in HMS equipment.

Then you have the Dillons who did well in the lower series but haven't really produced in Cup besides Austin's 600 win. Mostly due to the equipment I believe but if RCR gets it figured out they might be able to win some races. Then we have Bubba, really excited to see him as well. Have no clue how the guy can't find sponsors as he can drive and he marketable.

Bunch of other guys like Hemric, Briscoe, Poole, Reed, Nemecheck, who could gets shots at the Cup level soon as well. Youth movement is here but they still have to prove they can win and with guys like Busch, Keselowski, Harvick, Truex, and Logano looking to eat up wins like they have it should be real interesting to see the young guys pro e themselves.

And you’re totally overlooking that fact that at just 2 Years in he’s running up front and contending. Yes he hasn’t closed out races but these races are so hard to win, you don’t give the kid any learning curve what so ever?

I haven't overlooked anything. He has proven he can drive and be consistent. I don't think many of these young drivers are going to reach 50 wins in a career. With this new format and NASCAR focused on getting new winners I believe we'll see more winners and less dominant seasons like this year.

Well it is kind of hard to deny that he let one or two wins slip away from him this season.

Elliott isn't a closer... he's also still a sophomore. You can't expect him, in two years, to suddenly have tons of wins.

I know the media hyped him up to be a future 20-time champion and 500 career win guy, but you've got to set that aside and look at realistic expectations. He's consistently in contention, and once he does get that first win, many more will follow it.

Elliott didn't have the car to close with. The Chevy is the oldest design out there. Taking away downforce has hurt both brands that haven't been able to design for it. Lets wait until next year and see IMO. It looks like Nascar is going to hold still on the car for awhile.

You champion him by mentioning his running up front as a reason to believe he can win 60 races, but totally defeat your argument by stating how difficult it is to win races in today's era. So how us anyone supposed to believe that he is going to win 3 races a year over the next 15-20 years when "these races are so hard to win"? Stop and think about what you are saying here. 3 races a year. How many guys won 3 or more this season? Truex, Larson, KyBu, Kez, and Jimmie. 7 did it in 2016 and 6 in 2015. He is coming into the sport when there is a much younger crop of talent and in a time where guys will win 3 races one year and then not win for another season and a half. It's not unbelievable that he could do it, but the odds are stacked against him.

As for Larson, I truly believe that he will have the shortest career of the guys that have been mentioned. At some point the Sprint Car racing he does will cost him races in Cup and then it will be taken away from him and I truly believe if that ever happens he will quit racing in NASCAR. He has never seemed like the type of guy that loves the idea of racing in NASCAR. I think he does it because it is a challenge and he likes to be challenged.

Elliott didn't have the car to close with. The Chevy is the oldest design out there. Taking away downforce has hurt both brands that haven't been able to design for it. Lets wait until next year and see IMO. It looks like Nascar is going to hold still on the car for awhile.
A couple of Chase’s chances were also on old tires vs new tires.

Really? Didnt know you were a fair weather fan.

I'm a fan of Bubba, always will be. But I'm not excited about him going to a crappy team and I have no desire to watch him being a backmarker.... especially when Fox and NBC are going to be treating Chase and Martin as the second comings of Jesus and not giving anyone else screentime.

I'm a fan of Bubba, always will be. But I'm not excited about him going to a crappy team and I have no desire to watch him being a backmarker.... especially when Fox and NBC are going to be treating Chase and Martin as the second comings of Jesus and not giving anyone else screentime.
Bubba raced to 4th in points in the Xfinity series in crap equipment and hovered in the top 10-15 in the same equipment he is going to in 2018. No reason why he cant rattle off several strong finishes next season.

Give the man some credit.

Bubba raced to 4th in points in the Xfinity series in crap equipment and hovered in the top 10-15 in the same equipment he is going to in 2018. No reason why he cant rattle off several strong finishes next season.

Give the man some credit.
Even if Bubba doesn't set the world on fire in the 43, he could use it as a springboard ride if he does well enough in it. Even Almirola got an SHR ride out of his time in the 43.

Even if Bubba doesn't set the world on fire in the 43, he could use it as a springboard ride if he does well enough in it. Even Almirola got an SHR ride out of his time in the 43.
and when it comes to personalities in Nascar, and we know drivers who have existed for years in the sport because of their marketing skills, Bubba is head and shoulders above many of them.

Surely the great TRD hope deserves some love, for his 8 DNF's and 19th place in points.

413649049.jpg

Bubba is a story for Nascar,. A good one at that. He got better results in 4 races than that car usually ran. I think he will get some tv time
I always pay attention when they stick a mic in his face. Your not going to get, I had a good car I would like to thank so in so..yeah he will say that, but after that he is liable to say anything.

Back
Top Bottom