The next stars of NASCAR

Surely the great TRD hope deserves some love, for his 8 DNF's and 19th place in points.

413649049.jpg
A fellow named Jeff Gordon had 11 DNF's in 30 starts his rookie season. I wonder whatever became of him....

Surely the great TRD hope deserves some love, for his 8 DNF's and 19th place in points.

413649049.jpg

I still have your Panera card Taco Time. Our bet is still on....and I like my chances.

I predict Jones will do very well in Xfinity, but cup? not so much. Probably going to have "wonder when Jones will win in cup" thread next year.:D

You champion him by mentioning his running up front as a reason to believe he can win 60 races, but totally defeat your argument by stating how difficult it is to win races in today's era. So how us anyone supposed to believe that he is going to win 3 races a year over the next 15-20 years when "these races are so hard to win"? Stop and think about what you are saying here. 3 races a year. How many guys won 3 or more this season? Truex, Larson, KyBu, Kez, and Jimmie. 7 did it in 2016 and 6 in 2015. He is coming into the sport when there is a much younger crop of talent and in a time where guys will win 3 races one year and then not win for another season and a half. It's not unbelievable that he could do it, but the odds are stacked against him.

As for Larson, I truly believe that he will have the shortest career of the guys that have been mentioned. At some point the Sprint Car racing he does will cost him races in Cup and then it will be taken away from him and I truly believe if that ever happens he will quit racing in NASCAR. He has never seemed like the type of guy that loves the idea of racing in NASCAR. I think he does it because it is a challenge and he likes to be challenged.
Sorry I misspoke. He’s a bust, won’t win a race next year either

Elliott isn't a closer... he's also still a sophomore. You can't expect him, in two years, to suddenly have tons of wins.

I know the media hyped him up to be a future 20-time champion and 500 career win guy, but you've got to set that aside and look at realistic expectations. He's consistently in contention, and once he does get that first win, many more will follow it.
This. All I was trying to say, once he learns to win one why is it so unreasonable for more to follow?

I predict Jones will do very well in Xfinity, but cup? not so much. Probably going to have "wonder when Jones will win in cup" thread next year.:D
Next year will tell the tale once Jones is in full-blown JGR stuff instead of a temporary FRR team.

He's got 38 fewer Cup starts than Elliott, so he could go winless all next year and still not have as big of an 0-fer as Chase has right now. :D

I like Suarez, but his Toyota ties make me root against him slightly. He seems like a great guy off the track too.

He'll come around, it took him some time to get a handle on the Xfinity car but once he did we all saw what happened.

I quietly wonder if Daniel might outperform all of the more hyped young guns next year. I like this guy a lot.

Sorry I misspoke. He’s a bust, won’t win a race next year either

So you believe that if he only wins around 26 races he'll be a bust? No one was calling him a bust but I just don't see 50 wins for drivers moving forward. Believe 25-35 wins will become the norm with a few exceptions here and there.

If he was at a better team, then sure.

He has to prove to be competent enough to get a top flight seat.

I'm in the Bowman, Wallace, and Suarez club.

My favorite up and comers are Nemechek, Hemric, Custer, and Tyler Reddick is going to be a heavy next year. If Reddick shows anything like he did in his partial schedule, he could win the championship next year in Xfinity.

8137E011-A2D1-4FCC-B65B-0A09AA3F9C6E.jpeg
So you believe that if he only wins around 26 races he'll be a bust? No one was calling him a bust but I just don't see 50 wins for drivers moving forward. Believe 25-35 wins will become the norm with a few exceptions here and there.
No I don’t think think he will be a bust at all, but it seems the prevailing sentiment around here is Chase is a bust because he hasn’t won a race yet and there’s is no shot of him winning 2-3 races a year for 20 years. Also I’d like to post the stats of this driver and ask why it’s so unreasonable to believe Chase could have a career like this?

Next year will tell the tale once Jones is in full-blown JGR stuff instead of a temporary FRR team.

He's got 38 fewer Cup starts than Elliott, so he could go winless all next year and still not have as big of an 0-fer as Chase has right now. :D

full blown stuff appears to be a step down. ;) Next year in comparison will be in the same time frame to Elliott's time is this year. Looking for excuses this soon already is not a good thing ToyYoda you know better than that.:D

We can all chuckle at and say Chase isn't a closer until he wins one. Larson was the bridesmaid that couldn't catch a break or get it done until he wasn't...

Literally all of that talk went out the window when he won Michigan in 2016.

I personally don't think Chase "gave away" any wins this year. Kyle ran him down from 4 seconds back at Dover, there wasn't much of a fight to put up though he could have tried a higher lane (he said his car wouldn't work up there though). Phoenix was the one he nearly stole after running 7th-9th all day.

No I don’t think think he will be a bust at all, but it seems the prevailing sentiment around here is Chase is a bust because he hasn’t won a race yet and there’s is no shot of him winning 2-3 races a year for 20 years. Also I’d like to post the stats of this driver and ask why it’s so unreasonable to believe Chase could have a career like this?

No one is saying he can't. You said 45-52 wins then post Kenseth stats at 39wins. He only had 4 winless years and Chase already has 2 so we'll see.

No one is saying he can't. You said 45-52 wins then post Kenseth stats at 39wins. He only had 4 winless years and Chase already has 2 so we'll see.
Matt Kenseth was one win away from a 40 win career, I’d be okay with those wins, I’m sorry I said 45-52 wins ha ha geez....some of you guys make going to the dentist a better use of time than interacting on here.

full blown stuff appears to be a step down. ;)

I wonder if the 77 was more JGR than FRR....Barney never seemed in love with the 77. In fact, I wonder if it all worked out to plan....77 for a year on TRD's request.....77 bye, bye...and the 78 absorbs the sponsorship.

Chase also was way younger when he started his Cup Career that Matt, but what do I know.

I wonder if the 77 was more JGR than FRR....Barney never seemed in love with the 77. In fact, I wonder if it all worked out to plan....77 for a year on TRD's request.....77 bye, bye...and the 78 absorbs the sponsorship.
personally I think Toyota is running the show, if they wanted the 77 to continue it would. They don't have anybody ready for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell is driving the 77 next year if he does well in Xfinity. Hamlin needs to be watching his back IMO. His crack about not making enough money didn't go unnoticed.

personally I think Toyota is running the show, if they wanted the 77 to continue it would. They don't have anybody ready for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell is driving the 77 next year if he does well in Xfinity. Hamlin needs to be watching his back IMO. His crack about not making enough money didn't go unnoticed.

I believe Hamlin just re-signed with FedEx and JGR at the beginning of 2017 which didn't cover this season and starts next year so he should be safe. Kyle re-signed in 2015 and could be coming up on a new contract soon. I'd assume Toyota would want to keep Busch though, never know. I feel like Bell slips away from JGR. Gut feeling says he replaces McMurray at CGR but if Jimmie decides to wrap it up then he'd be a lead candidate for that ride as well I believe.

I will not argue this. Ratcliff to Bell in Xfinity is telling. Additionally, the 11's performance is bewildering. They seem to disappear.....However, one thing to consider IMO is that consolidating the sponsorship to the 78 undoubtedly gives a raise to our Champion. If the 77 reappears, where does the money come from? I think Barney is done being willing to foot the entire bill, and I would be willing to bet has never been a fan of soaking the cash into driver's salaries. Just my two cents on that.

I believe Hamlin just re-signed with FedEx and JGR at the beginning of 2017 which didn't cover this season and starts next year so he should be safe. Kyle re-signed in 2015 and could be coming up on a new contract soon. I'd assume Toyota would want to keep Busch though, never know. I feel like Bell slips away from JGR. Gut feeling says he replaces McMurray at CGR but if Jimmie decides to wrap it up then he'd be a lead candidate for that ride as well I believe.

No shot in hell Bell gets away. Toyota loves him, and has much invested in him. The sting of Larson in a Chevy is still fresh.

No shot in hell Bell gets away. Toyota loves him, and has much invested in him. The sting of Larson in a Chevy is still fresh.

So Kyle's out after next season? Only way they make room unless one of Jones or Suarez move to another team.

I will not argue this. Ratcliff to Bell in Xfinity is telling. Additionally, the 11's performance is bewildering. They seem to disappear.....However, one thing to consider IMO is that consolidating the sponsorship to the 78 undoubtedly gives a raise to our Champion. If the 77 reappears, where does the money come from? I think Barney is done being willing to foot the entire bill, and I would be willing to bet has never been a fan of soaking the cash into driver's salaries. Just my two cents on that.
Hamin had his place in the final four almost guaranteed and he blew it racing Elliott who had a much faster car at that time in the race.There was no way he was going to hold him off from getting passed. Elliott was all over him for four laps until he used Hamlin up and got beside him. Quiet as it has been kept, there should have been three Yotas in the final four.

Maybe so but I believe he'll have better offers than that.

I do think that is a possibility. I don't doubt his phone is ringing. you look at SHR having as many as two open spots soon and they can provide dirt track equipment that is top rate. Ganassi might want to expand. Hendrick with Johnson might have a time frame about retiring. Toyota might be promising the 77 year after next. All kinds of offers could be on the table.

I do think that is a possibility. I don't doubt his phone is ringing. you look at SHR having as many as two open spots soon and they can provide dirt track equipment that is top rate. Ganassi might want to expand. Hendrick with Johnson might have a time frame about retiring. Toyota might be promising the 77 year after next. All kinds of offers could be on the table.

I hear you, and you make sense, but I'm telling you...no way Bell gets away. Jones is the first Toyota Development Driver start to finish and Christopher is the second.....I get that Daniel, Byron, etc. are part of this mix, but really Jones and Bell are the prized pupils. They will both be in Toyotas for a very long time IMO.

Hamin had his place in the final four almost guaranteed and he blew it racing Elliott who had a much faster car at that time in the race.There was no way he was going to hold him off from getting passed. Elliott was all over him for four laps until he used Hamlin up and got beside him. Quiet as it has been kept, there should have been three Yotas in the final four.

We have discussed this, and as time has gone on (and video review), I am more in your line of thinking than I once was, but I still believe that Chase was going to get him no matter what.

We have discussed this, and as time has gone on (and video review), I am more in your line of thinking than I once was, but I still believe that Chase was going to get him no matter what.
Hamlin made it a whole lot easier by holding him up IMO. On the other hand when Kenseth ran down Chase, he didn't hang Kenseth out like Hamlin did him. There was no way Hamlin was going to stay in front of Chase, just like there was no way Chase could stay in front of Kenseth.

I watch NASCAR periodically.

I thought I'd watch more with Gordon gone but the passion was dying while he was still racing and now it's all but gone tbh.

I like cars and I like fast things. That's the only reason I watch when I do.

I've moved on to other forms of racing. Just cant justify sitting for 3+ hours anymore. Pure waste of time.

A fellow named Jeff Gordon had 11 DNF's in 30 starts his rookie season. I wonder whatever became of him....

I must object as a Gordon white knight.

He made that up with some solid top 5s and 10s. Final results weren't too bad.

Don't really think CGR would have to expand. Feel like McMurray is nearing an end to his career and next year could be his last at CGR at least.

I just don't see shutting down the 77 for a year and then bringing it back for Bell but it could happen I guess. Agree he'll have many offers to comptemplate though.

Back
Top Bottom