The OSS reads light colors differently dark colors

Anyone worried by that smiley?

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 9m9 minutes ago
That spray that helps define the body for the scanning station wipes off as the Ty Dillon team has some fun after getting through.

Dj1voQ4XgAA8SUA.jpg

2 replies4 retweets17 likes

It never ends. We. Are. Going. To. Make. This. Work. We spray **** on cars now to accurately determine whether or not they are legal in the eyes of the most "sophisticated" machine ever used in NASCAR. That spray looks really precise. This is a joke.

Sounds like an old wives tale. The restrictor plates actually used for qualifying and the race are supplied RIGHT before they take place and are NEVER touched by anyone but NASCAR officials. I got yelled at for removing one from a car that already fallen out of the race. The crewman unbolts the carburetor or throttle body unit and lifts it up off the mounting studs. The official drops the plate onto the studs, and the crewman re-installs and tightens the nuts under the supervision of the official. The same procedure in reverse after qualifying or after the race.
Old wives' tale?!?! I'll have you know I made that up completely from scratch all by myself bright and early first thing this morning and I am NOT an old wife. :mad: I've never been so insulted! At least not since about 8:30 last night...

Back
Top Bottom