The Rock has been bought

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Biggreen695, Aug 30, 2018.

1. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

ARCA or K&N next year would be a nice start. Even CARS or another late model tour.

2. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

I wonder how the festival is going over there, from what I’ve seen on Twitter it has been an absolute disaster with traffic issues and weather. It’s even been called FyreFestival 2.0. Yikes. I saw on Reddit someone got into the track but they didn’t post any pictures, I was More interested in pictures of the track to see how it’s doing.

3. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

Traffic is a disaster because ncdot has been dragging their feet in widening the highway and they're in the middle of road construction.

100k+ people there yesterday was the report.

We had some wicked weather come through about 430 this afternoon that caused some damage locally. They evacuated the event.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. Snappy D

I have seen on Twitter people got into the track, the Rock itself doesn’t look half bad. Looks like they kept the place up. So if indeed NCdot finishes their traffic project, it could accommodate Cup traffic?

5. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

I scrolled through the pissing and moaning on Facebook

Looks like it's a staffing issue and traffic control is the major issue. They're making people come down 177 and circle around to us1. Not the way to do it IMO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Snappy D likes this.
  6. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

It accommodated Cup traffic before. A Cup race would be reserved seating and the place only seats maybe 35 or 40K these days.

Developing a traffic plan is one of the more minor obstacles to overcome to get a NASCAR touring series. Finding a hole in a schedule is much bigger.

carolinabuff likes this.
  7. Snappy D

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  8. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

Kind of relieved I couldn't go to Epicenter. Sounded like an Epicshitshow.

I can't believe that small strip of highway still isn't completed. They were working on that sh!t when I went there in 2009.

Actually, I lied. I can. NCDOT is horrendous at this. Same agency that celebrated opening an interstate expansion 20 years behind schedule.

sky and machinistman3 like this.
  9. Charlie Spencer

I looked at a lot of the festival promos and could tell it was going to be at the drag strip. I’ve never understood what this event has to do with the oval. The strip is a separate property and business with a different owner and always has been.

AuzGrams likes this.
  10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I guess I don't share the same optomism that some do. I don't think cup racing is going to show up any time soon. just keeping the doors open is a major accomplishment if they can do that. Sounds like having too many people is a good problem to have.

AuzGrams and Charlie Spencer like this.
  11. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

That's what confused me too. Both Daytona and Las Vegas host their music festivals inside of the speedway in the infield. It gives the actual venue exposure.

12. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

could be the place isn't ready to be trashed yet. They have oddles of space outside of the track

13. AndyMarquisLive

The festivals ads advertised the speedway itself, even had pictures of the oval in the logo.

14. AndyMarquisLive

IIRC, they signed a multi-year deal to hold the Epicenter festival at Rockingham Speedway. Although, after this fiasco, I'd be surprised if it happens next year. At the least, I could see it moving to Charlotte Motor Speedway like Carolina Rebellion before.

15. Charlie Spencer

Yep, but the layout of the stages, booths, concessions, etc. showed everything on the drag strip side of the highway.

16. AndyMarquisLive

Yeah I didn't see. I planned on going but we had a big Legends race this weekend.

Again, looks like it was a clusterfuck. Shame. They had a killer lineup.

sky likes this.
  17. AndyMarquisLive

Fyre Festival made for an awesome documentary though. I can't wait to see the documentaries about Epicenter, the Alliance of American Football, and Woodstock 50 (which is shaping up to be a calamity too).

What a time to be alive.

Snappy D likes this.
  18. sky

sky Zombie Zoom LLC

Yeah the weather was awful tickets went down to like $6 I would have gone without prior commitments. But I heard traffic getting in and out was ridiculous. Some bands like Tool didn't even get to play. And I know that's a hefty price tag. I'm sure they made some money but I bet you they didn't make as much as they thought they would.

19. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Rockingham was always notorious for bad traffic after the race, why this surprised the new owners is baffling. Its a 2 lane highway

AuzGrams likes this.
  20. Charlie Spencer

Okay, I'll bite. What is / was Fyre Festival?

21. kkfan91

kkfan91 Taking a 10-200

A scam that left a bunch of people stuck on an island

22. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

meanwhile out west