The Rolex and Jeff Gordon

How has Gordon looked? Doing an OK job I hope? Every time I've tuned in, someone else is in the car.

Angelelli just stepped out and said he's retiring. I don't know much about the guy, but I like him
They put Jordan in the car for the final 4 hours, Jeff is done.

He did very well during his night run. Was in the lead for the majority of his run IIRC.

Its a great race but the broadcasting team has the same issues as the NASCAR crews.

Ridiculous zoom ins, too much talking & not enough engine audio, etc...

Its a great race but the broadcasting team has the same issues as the NASCAR crews.

Ridiculous zoom ins, too much talking & not enough engine audio, etc...

I feel the opposite. I wish they would actually talk about deeper tech related items, kind of like when Larry Mac has a cutaway car. Tell us about the cars to help us better connect to the sports. But I love banter with TK too.

So Jeff Gordon and Jamie McMurray are the only two drivers to win the 24 hours of Le mans, the Daytona 500, and the Brickyard 400. Congrats to Jeff Gordon and the rest of the Wayne Taylor Racing team. Checked another race off the bucket list!

Last edited:
A couple of those commentators sure seemed to disagree with the decision not to penalize Ricky Taylor for contact. I don't know what they were watching, but clearly Taylor had position going into that turn. It's not like he dumped him. Just a racing deal, no harm no foul

Good non-call. Ricky had the spot.

I agree, but what the hell was the booth talking about? They seemed to think that Ricky should have been penalized. It seemed to me that Albuquerque missed the corner, Ricky got under him, and didn't back down. Albuquerque could have given the corner to Ricky as much as Ricky could have given it to him. In the last laps of the 24 Hour or any race, you give nothing IMO.

clap.gif

I agree, but what the hell was the booth talking about? They seemed to think that Ricky should have been penalized. It seemed to me that Albuquerque missed the corner, Ricky got under him, and didn't back down. Albuquerque could have given the corner to Ricky as much as Ricky could have given it to him. In the last laps of the 24 Hour or any race, you give nothing IMO.
They were out of touch. Ricky gave and gave and gave and finally had enough.

Congrats to the Chip Ganassi Ford GT on winning in class!! I love watching this race every year.

Cadillac and the Taylors would have never done it without Gordon.

awesome/cool

On the hunt for some team victory merch. Anyone seen anything yet?

Didn't he take the overall lead though?
Took the lead after the #5 car had a right rear come apart.

Minus his out-lap and in-lap, his rain stint times were:

upload_2017-1-30_0-26-55.png

Compared to the #5's (pitted on laps 240 and 242):

upload_2017-1-30_0-29-24.png

He was really slow and it took him a while to get going but eventually he started clocking decent lap times.

Back
Top Bottom