The Walking Dead - Season 8

Carl's loss isn't going to affect my devotion to the show. I couldn't care less what he did/didn't do in the comics. He didn't add much to the televised version as time's moved on IMO.

Makes no difference to me how others view the show. I'll probably be a fan up until the point they're all Walking Dead.
I know you have mentioned several times you don't care for Carl. But he was a member of the original Atlanta 5. We have watched him grow up from a 10 year old to an 18 year old young man. He was a fixture. It isn't going to be the same without him. As it isn't the same without Glenn.. another member of the Atlanta 5. It doesn't make sense to kill him off, especially when he just reached their 18-49 audience target age.
crazy.gif

I know you have mentioned several times you don't care for Carl. But he was a member of the original Atlanta 5. We have watched him grow up from a 10 year old to an 18 year old young man. He was a fixture. It isn't going to be the same without him. As it isn't the same without Glenn.. another member of the Atlanta 5. It doesn't make sense to kill him off, especially when he just reached their 18-49 audience target age. View attachment 33728
Sorry @Pat. I just don't feel the loss of Carl.

Reactions: Pat
Damn...that was a tough one to swallow. :( I still don't think I'm over it...lol.

Now Glenn, BUT i knew that one was coming. I've actually been pretty unaware of what is going on with it and everything, besides I am guessing Carl is gone now too.

I am around halfway done with season 7.

Now Glenn, BUT i knew that one was coming. I've actually been pretty unaware of what is going on with it and everything, besides I am guessing Carl is gone now too.

I am around halfway done with season 7.
Ahh, we were just joking around. Forget about it. Everything's just fine.

Hey, look..... That dog's got a puffy tail!

Helicopters, helicopters, so many helicopters. Someone said they saw a helipad at the junkyard. I didn't see it, not sure I want to try and find it. But, when Jadis took Rick up up, the green screen scenery in the background had a helicopter go by. That cannot be accidental.
hmm.gif

Better episode than last week IMO. Lot's of setup here for future episodes. Gonna need more action, and soon.

I see Simon verified there is indeed a helipad at the junkyard. I'll be more than happy to leave the Negan arc and find out who's flying those things.

Ahh, we were just joking around. Forget about it. Everything's just fine.

Hey, look..... That dog's got a puffy tail!

How do you watch season 8? I am trying to catch up, but I can just find the last 2 on Prime. I paid $1.99 for ep 1 and 2 but currently do not have a bank card so back to square one.

How do you watch season 8? I am trying to catch up, but I can just find the last 2 on Prime. I paid $1.99 for ep 1 and 2 but currently do not have a bank card so back to square one.
I'm not sure. I was watching them off of my DVR but I've been uptodate for a while now, waiting week to week for the next show. Does AMC have an app that you could watch them off of?

I'm not sure. I was watching them off of my DVR but I've been uptodate for a while now, waiting week to week for the next show. Does AMC have an app that you could watch them off of?

I logged in but it just said "Extras Only" for episode 1-7 or 8. I'd like to catch up so I can watch like a normal person.

I logged in but it just said "Extras Only" for episode 1-7 or 8. I'd like to catch up so I can watch like a normal person.
If you're a streaming type of guy..... I could PM you a few links to services that offer free previews, no charge. You could binge those first episodes of the current season and be ready for next week.

So I finally watched last week's episode. Meh. But really for only one main reason. The junk yard people. First I've never liked them. Pointless group really, and I'm glad they're gone. And their stupid abbreviated language. Seriously, what the hell is that for?

But one scene especially. When Rick and Michonne were trapped in the middle, surrounded by walkers, they managed to climb what looked to be the very top of the junk pile, So what did they do? Fashioned some stabby-shieldy-things from old car doors, and climbed back down to the middle to fight their way to the exit. So why the hell didn't they just climb down the other side while they were on top??

So I finally watched last week's episode. Meh. But really for only one main reason. The junk yard people. First I've never liked them. Pointless group really, and I'm glad they're gone. And their stupid abbreviated language. Seriously, what the hell is that for?

But one scene especially. When Rick and Michonne were trapped in the middle, surrounded by walkers, they managed to climb what looked to be the very top of the junk pile, So what did they do? Fashioned some stabby-shieldy-things from old car doors, and climbed back down to the middle to fight their way to the exit. So why the hell didn't they just climb down the other side while they were on top??
I don't question the illogical decisions too much in this show. After all, I am watching a show that includes dead people coming back to life with an appetite for their fellow humans. I kinda take it for the cheap entertainment value that it has. Guns never running out of ammo, gas that never goes bad, car batteries that don't go dead, mysterious power supply to a garbage grinder machine, etc..... It's all good.

Good episode last night IMO. Much better than the last two. Swap Walkers, helz yeah! Bear traps? WTF. Looks like things are going down next week. In need of more action.

I don't question the illogical decisions too much in this show. After all, I am watching a show that includes dead people coming back to life with an appetite for their fellow humans. I kinda take it for the cheap entertainment value that it has. Guns never running out of ammo, gas that never goes bad, car batteries that don't go dead, mysterious power supply to a garbage grinder machine, etc..... It's all good.
You're right, and I normally don't. But my dislike for the whole junkyard thing, just set me off. ;) And it was just that one thing. That's it.

Good episode last night IMO. Much better than the last two. Swamp Walkers, helz yeah! Bear traps? WTF. Looks like things are going down next week. In need of more action.
Hah, exactly the words I used last night when the first one popped up. And my wife I were both like "that is not a good idea, someone might get an ankle bit. I also got a kick out of all the little coincidences that happened while Gabriel was on about God leading the way and getting them where they needed to be.

A few promo's for next weeks show put together in one video. Don't watch the video if you don't want to know more than the normal preview.

The last few seconds were gold! I would like a gif of that. whack! whack! whack!

Is next week's edition two hours? That's what my guide shows but I don't remember them saying that on Talking Dead.

Is next week's edition two hours? That's what my guide shows but I don't remember them saying that on Talking Dead.
They said they were gonna show an hour premier of The Terror after TWD then Talking dead after that. I didn't hear anything about a 2 hour TWD.

Yeah, my guide is probably wrong. Can't wait for The Terror.

It isn't going to be 2 hours of TWD. The 2nd hour is a preview of Terror. They are doing the same thing to us they did with The Badlands. Terror looks like straight horror story to me. I don't like horror. :mad: I will not be watching and they can't make me.

Well I'd say is a serious predicament. Zombie tainted arrows? The good guys seem to be screwed.

And where'd did that damn kid get to?

Well I'd say is a serious predicament. Zombie tainted arrows? The good guys seem to be screwed.

And where'd did that damn kid get to?
I'm not happy with this episode. I don't like the way it ended. Next week is going to be much better according to the previews.

Back
Top Bottom