This weeks NASCAR Fan Council survey

Agreed. The point of heat races is to only allow the fastest cars to participate in the main event. Having heat races where everyone qualifies for the main event is completely pointless. 2 heat races with 20+ cars each, with only the top 10 finishers in each heat race advancing to the main event would be ideal.
Well , NASCAR already reduced the field to forty cars and folks want to reduce it to twenty now ? What would their fans do on Sunday afternoons ? What would their sponsors do ? Why would owners remain in the sport ? I just don't get it . I would rather see more racing then less . Can you imagine the JGR and HMS cars waiting at the back of the field in a twenty car race? Too funny .

Well , NASCAR already reduced the field to forty cars and folks want to reduce it to twenty now ? What would their fans do on Sunday afternoons ? What would their sponsors do ? Why would owners remain in the sport ? I just don't get it . I would rather see more racing then less . Can you imagine the JGR and HMS cars waiting at the back of the field in a twenty car race? Too funny .

I don't see how heat races and a main is "reducing the field". A heat race would be anywhere from 25-50 laps, while the main would be 100-175 laps depending on the track. If anything the backmarkers are getting more TV time from the heat races than they would in a regular race.

-Qualify for the field of 40.
-Odd numbers 1-39 race in Heat #1, even numbers 2-40 race in Heat #2.
-Points structure remains the same, teams that finish 21-40 still get their purse & prize money. (IE: A team that finishes 11th in Heat #1 gets 21st place points, 11th place in Heat #2 gets 22nd place points)
-Top 10 from each heat advance to main event.

Three heats (two and a last chance) followed by a main would be fun. But some entrants need to load up and go home after the heats or all the observers are getting is a convoluted qualifying procedure.

How about a compromise? Those that didn't advance in the heats still start in the main but a lap down.

When I was racing we had 3 heats, a last chance and 16 cars raced the main.( 75 laps) If anyone watched the Canadian Tire Series in Canada, the Barrie Speedway was my home track. It is no longer a part of the series this year. I can never remember anyone bitching about how things were done.
Other tracks had fewer cars because they were more expensive to build and compete but the numbers were similar. Those tracks are closing now because teams with big sponsors made it to expensive to compete and so they didn't have enough cars.
My engine was a 327 punched to 343 ( GM Restriction) and cost me about $3000.
I was talking to a present day driver who owned his own car and he was telling me that he paid $50,000 for his engine but he has to run 3 yrs with it.

Just received another survey. A different type for sure. :D

I got it, its a sneak peak at the new NASCAR website

Last edited:
I got it, too. The "new" website doesn't do anything for me because I do NOT use a mobile device of any sort.
I don't have a smart phone and I do not have Wi Fi available where I live.
They haven't kicked me off yet so I'm probably still safe even after what I said about Nascar and their obsession with social media. :D

I got it, too. The "new" website doesn't do anything for me because I do NOT use a mobile device of any sort.
I don't have a smart phone and I do not have Wi Fi available where I live.
Same for me in the sense that I dont use NASCAR's website to begin with.

I just went in and saw the presentation of the proposed layout. Basically, all the same information in a different format. Anyone that is a frequent visitor of that site know that each and every January it's updated. There's always a learning curve associated with that. If it responds faster and is available on many different platforms, I'm good with that. It'll take time to get used to like it does each and every time they change it.

If they keep me on the mailing list after this weeks reply , you will have proof that nobody reads those things .

I probably matched you in this department. LOL
Oddly enough, I still have part of it in my 'cut and paste' buffer. Regarding why I dislike the Xfinity and Truck Chases:

"Same reasons I dislike the Chase format at the Cup level - because elimination playoffs are poor, unnecessary way to decide a season-long champion in a sport where everyone competes against everyone else in every race."

I'm afraid I may have given them the impression I don't like the Chase.
Oh I know I have a few times, and it is very possible that I gave them the impression that I did not like the way the race was being officiating with the last yellows.

I just received another one. I tried once again to get kicked off of the council. I tried really really hard this time. :D

I got one too

Edit, which reminds me, I should go take it.

Got the new one about the year in review and the Monster announcements. I thought both were pretty tame but they always ask what's on my mind so I let them know that there is always room for improvement! ;)

Back
Top Bottom