Thought for Today

“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- Martin Luther King

Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.
-Robert G. Allen

Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.
-Robert G. Allen
This is a true experience.
In September of 1983, my Bride and I began constructing a building to house a business we were starting. The initial investment took nearly all our capital and a large loan. If it did not work we would have lost everything. During construction, I was having coffee one morning with a local real estate agent who surprised me when he said he would be willing to give me a reduced rate to sell the property when the business failed. It was a comment of absolute, not one of "if it fails." but when it fails.

As it turned out, the business was a smashing success from the minute it opened. A few after the business opened I met the same real estate agent and he said, "you are the luckiest guy I ever knew."

So the average man is unwilling to take the risk my Bride and I took and considered it a failure before it ever got built. Until, it proved to be a tremendously successful business and then, we were lucky.
Luck had nothing to do with it but a vision and willingness to go all out for a dream we shared gave us the success we enjoyed.

“Authentic power is when you learn to use your personality to serve the energy of your soul.” -Gary Zukav

1683032005471.png

Your outlook is everything ..

Some see the current as disastrous, some see the biggest blessing this country ever had ..

What a WONDERFUL time to be alive ..
You're living through history that will be taught to future generations .....

Enjoy it.. Be PROUD to be part of it.

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people that must use them. --
Philip K. Dick

"For the world is in a bad state, but everything will become still worse unless each of us does his best. So, let us be alert

— alert in a twofold sense: Since #Auschwitz we know what man is capable of.

And since #Hiroshima we know what is at stake." Viktor Frankl, Auschwitz survivor

1691346240706.png
1691346211619.png

"Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it."
(Unknown)

• Love
Reactions: sdj
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
(Mark Twain)

"Living on the road my friend
Was gonna keep you free and clean
And now you wear your skin like iron
And your breath as hard as kerosene
Weren't your mama's only boy
But her favorite one it seems
She began to cry when you said goodbye
And sank into your dreams....."

- Townes Van Zant

“Men are so simple of mind... that a deceitful man will always find plenty who are ready to be deceived.” Machiavelli

Back
Top Bottom