Time to flame away @ Chocolate

If there are things about me that I don't want other members here to discuss or react to, I generally don't bring them up repeatedly.

No worries, it's all good, I'm not too serious about any of this. Just calling it as I see it.

Keselowski going off of wins list was useless as hell, I just wanted to mention that. That is pretty terrible on Keselowski's part IMHO.

Keselowski is the "Russian" judge in this case, holy ****.

Keselowski going off of wins list was useless as hell, I just wanted to mention that. That is pretty terrible on Keselowski's part IMHO.

Keselowski is the "Russian" judge in this case, holy sh!t.

Both Brad and Denny have never struck me as the brightest bulbs.

BK wasn’t the only one that had Dale below 5. I agree, his reason for his picks is pretty lazy thinking but whatever. Fox is loving this because it’s getting all kinds of attention.
Only thing I can think of to explain his thinking is he views each win as a title in its own right. Defending his position, he said Dale had 7 titles but his team (and Dale) raced to win titles more than races. Dale rarely lost it on his own pushing the envelope and they never had vehicle failures or Dale would have had more wins in his (Brads) opinion.
Mark is on the list and IROC and Cup arent even in the same Universe.
Yeah, you take out the team advantage or disadvantage and even it up so it’s as Mano y Mano as racing can get. And Mark kicked Dale, Jeff, and Rusty’s asses routinely when he raced head to head.

Mark Martin not even on the list? How many times did he come in 2nd place behind 7 time winner Earnhart? And how many races did Mark beat Dale Sr. in the IROC series? I was going to ask what ever happened to IROC series, but then realized IROC didn't go away it became NA$CAR stage racing.

Andy? Hello, Andy? It's your turn.

Brad is pretty smart, but just here on the panel... Yeah, I would have not had him there.

Denny is just Denny.
Brad comes across as awkward when he tries to have these intellectual conversations, it's like it's just not meant to be. :laugh:

Denny is just Denny. The Hamlin.

Funny that Chocolate forgets that only a certain number of cars were capable of winning a race when Dale Sr. was out there. No, it wasn't as bad as it was during The King's time but the competition is alot closer now than it ever was "back in the day" (The term Choc likes to use).

Funny that Chocolate forgets that only a certain number of cars were capable of winning a race when Dale Sr. was out there. No, it wasn't as bad as it was during The King's time but the competition is alot closer now than it ever was "back in the day" (The term Choc likes to use).

@FLRacingFan did a good job in a discussion several months ago of illustrating that while there were certainly fewer cars scoring wins, top 5s, and top 10s in the 1960s and 1970s, it is largely a myth that today is so much more competitive than it was from the mid-80s onward. Unfortunately the thread seems to have disappeared somehow, but the stats he pulled were quite interesting to look at. Peak depth of the field seemed to occur in the early to mid 00s and has trended somewhat downward since, but really the numbers don't vary as much over time as many tend to believe.

@FLRacingFan did a good job in a discussion several months ago of illustrating that while there were certainly fewer cars scoring wins, top 5s, and top 10s in the 1960s and 1970s, it is largely a myth that today is so much more competitive than it was from the mid-80s onward. Unfortunately the thread seems to have disappeared somehow, but the stats he pulled were quite interesting to look at. Peak depth of the field seemed to occur in the early to mid 00s and has trended somewhat downward since, but really the numbers don't vary as much over time as many tend to believe.

Maybe so, maybe not. However, the amount of car finishing that aren't a lap or multiply laps down has change dramatically due to the wave around and the lucky dog rule changes. That changes the outcomes and finishes of cars on the track.

Im surprised Larry Mac put JJ over Dale Sr at 1. I personally think The King can be anywhere in the top 5. I dont hold him in high esteem but 7 titles is 7 and he will never be better than 3rd on my listd.

I would rank my top 5

1. JJ
2. Dale
3. Petty
4. Pearson
5. Gordon

Brad is pretty smart, but just here on the panel... Yeah, I would have not had him there.

Denny is just Denny.
I think Brad is a pretty smart guy overall as well, but he seems to have an above average amount of brain flatuence.

It took me a while to figure out what "one on all types of tracks" was supposed to mean.

There is one arena that always has the best the sport has to offer. There are no easy victories, or poor competition there. Sometimes it has been won by drivers that are not NASCAR regulars. It's the Daytona 500. That race stands out from all the rest. If you win that race you have achieved something. It's not like winning a championship, but it's probably the next best thing. Winning it doesn't make you a great driver, but if you are a great driver you will win it at least once.

Back
Top Bottom