TNT commentator's? Race coverage?

gotta love Tony

I remember that and laughed my ass off. DW was some kinda pissed. :D

Jaws was about to cry. A Tony Stewart classic... one of many.

That said, I miss this Darrell Waltrip. Waltrip called it as he saw it. Now, Waltrip goes out of his way to not call it like he sees it.

holy crap he lit into DW with that, oh my the comment about tatoo coming across the screen from fantasy island about made me die laughing.

I don't see the big deal with any of the commentators. I just watch the race for the race. I could care less what anybody has to say. There is always the mute button as Clarence said.

Sure I wish they would shut up sometimes but I don't pay a lot of attention to them.

Yeah it sucks we got SO many commercials at the start of the race so the end of it could run without any, I mean really I wish they saved some for the end of the race so we didn't see it. :sarcasm:

Do people NOT understand they have a certain amount they HAVE to show? I was proven right yesterday during the race, I said they wanted to get them all out the early so to not have to do any at the end, and oh hey guess what..THAT'S WHAT THEY DID! stop the complaining.

As much as I dislike FOX, they do have the best coverage and commentators.

They only came back from commercial to recap what they missed while they were on commercial.

4 hours worth.

The commercials work good for me. They give me just enough time to check on all my chat forums during the race. No gripes here.:)

I see we have the posting police on here today. Any network that cuts to commercial when a lead change is taking place has no excuse.

I like Kyle Petty.

He is better than he used to be but the whole crew had way too much 48 love going on to suit me. The JJ flashbacks DURING the race were a bit much, surely they could have waited till after the race and just gotten a room for them and JJ to to show their affection :rolleyes:

I see we have the posting police on here today. Any network that cuts to commercial when a lead change is taking place has no excuse.

that'd be director's fault....not kyle ..adam...wally.
see op title.

He is better than he used to be but the whole crew had way too much 48 love going on to suit me. The JJ flashbacks DURING the race were a bit much, surely they could have waited till after the race and just gotten a room for them and JJ to to show their affection :rolleyes:

i agree ...way too much 48 crap / coverage...whole race.
but that'd be director's / producer's fault....not 3 guys in booth.

Nope, no posting police here...just stating how i use the commercials to my advantage.

Wally actually laughed when Johnson got hit on pit road. He's definitely not a Johnson fan.

TNT > FOX.. I hate the way Fox displays the running position plus no DW and MW

I hate the way Fox displays the running position plus no DW and MW
47441185_zpsc137c6c2.jpg

I actually like the way FOX displays the running order. The first column displays the top 3, and the two remaining columns cycle through the rest of the field so you always know who's running up front.

gotta admit ...i defended fox's new side box format initially. new didn't auto mean bad.
my ole eyes didn't tho. too small ta read.
can finally read tnt's scroll .....lap count...etc. w/o binoculars !
same old software format program = new don't always mean better ! ha!

I wasn't talking about you. I was speaking of people who tell others to stop complaining.

So me? When all I said was it's better to have them all at the start, than at the end. Would you rather it be spread out and we get some at the end also?

So me? When all I said was it's better to have them all at the start, than at the end. Would you rather it be spread out and we get some at the end also?
Id rather have as little as possible.. but thats not going to happen so hows about side-by-side for the entire race? People are more subconsciously inclined to find an ad appealing if they are actually tuned into the race while the commercial plays next to it. If not, we tune to MRN & take a piss break or a beer run

Id rather have as little as possible.. but thats not going to happen so hows about side-by-side for the entire race? People are more subconsciously inclined to find an ad appealing if they are actually tuned into the race while the commercial plays next to it.
i would guess the company paying for their ad, wouldn't go for the side by side. i'm sure they want their product displayed just like every commercial on every other channel. maybe they're offered that option with a discount and decline, or could be offered that option with a discount.

Id rather have as little as possible.. but thats not going to happen so hows about side-by-side for the entire race? People are more subconsciously inclined to find an ad appealing if they are actually tuned into the race while the commercial plays next to it. If not, we tune to MRN & take a piss break or a beer run

Well you see TV deals cost money, that money is made up by the ad's you see, so they have to have a certain amount to make up that money from the deal, so now let me ask again, with the amount they HAVE to have to make up the tv deal money, more at the start, or spread out where you miss stuff near the end of the race.

tnt tried that side / side stuff yrs ago whole race i'm thinkin.. ?......ad $$ guys didn't like i guess.

One thing that I noticed Sunday was that the time interval between drivers would be frozen for what seemed like minutes.

Well you see TV deals cost money, that money is made up by the ad's you see, so they have to have a certain amount to make up that money from the deal, so now let me ask again, with the amount they HAVE to have to make up the tv deal money, more at the start, or spread out where you miss stuff near the end of the race.

blaze.....tnt has 5 more races.....then that's it !
suckin tha final blood outa tha golden goose= ie extra adv $$ . no more golden eggs !
thinkin we'll see that when ad time comes out this week ?

One thing that I noticed Sunday was that the time interval between drivers would be frozen for what seemed like minutes.
they were glitches throughout, i figured it was from the weather we had here. directv and rain don't work good together. but after reading here, i came to found out it was TNT

they were glitches throughout, i figured it was from the weather we had here. directv and rain don't work good together. but after reading here, i came to found out it was TNT
You'd figure telemetry would be something they'd want to be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom