Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows just yet, but they cancelled the racing and police cleared the fans out.

Bob Dillner‏@bobdillner 5m
According to a witness on scene at Canadaigua Speedway in NY Tony Stewart & Kevin Ward tangled during a Sprint Car wreck... (cont) #NASCAR Ward got out of car & walked toward Tony Stewart's car to confront him. Stewart's car made contact w/Ward. Witness says police secured area, track cancelled rest of racing for the night and everyone was ushered out of the track.

Short piece from Jim Utter:

The Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff's Department is investigating an incident at Canandaigua (N.Y.) Motorsports Park involving NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Tony Stewart which occurred on Saturday evening.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. ET, a spokesman for the department said it had no comment at this time but said a news release would be prepared and available in "two to three hours."

Posts on the social media sites Facebook and Twitter, including photographs, indicate Stewart was involved in an on-track incident with driver Kevin Ward, which left Ward on the track receiving treatment for what were described as serious injuries.

Canandaigua Motorsports Park is a half-mile dirt track north of Syracuse. In recent weeks, Stewart has returned to dirt track racing after a breaking two bones in his right leg in a wreck at a dirt track in Iowa last summer.

There was no immediate response to a request for comment from Stewart's NASCAR public relations representative.

Read more here: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot....igating-incident-involving.html#storylink=cpy

Is sounds pretty damn serious

Sheriff deputies are surrounding the area of the incident. All people at the track have been told to leave immediately.

image.jpg

Dude, Tony, wtf just happened.

Something is very ify here...
You have to be qualified as insane to run someone over on purpose... very unlikely this wasn't an accident.
Tony Stewart just happens to be at this track? He just happens to run over someone? Very unlikely. As in million dollar lotto ticket unlikely.
Say Tony is at the track and someone did get hit. Of course a rumor like this will happen.

And remember, prayers. That comes first here.

If all this is true, obviously it wasn't on purpose... Prayers to the family of the kid...

Regardless of on purpose/not on purpose, someone is either dead or seriously injured, and Tony Stewart will have to pay some serious consequences... We need more info though stat.

This is very very bad.............

We need more info though stat.
We need to be patient and the LEO do their jobs and find out what really transpired on the race track tonight, we will get answers soon enough.

Twitter is saying Stewart left the track right after the incident. If true, that's not what you do.

there are some credible nascar people parroting the story, at this point I am worried, bad

OK, a racer told me that you can't stop a sprint car because it's always in gear, and they don't have starters. They need to be pushed.

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a pretty uhh, "biased" report.

I imagine he slowed down, hit the gas, and caught the kid. It's very sad.

OK, a racer told me that you can't stop a sprint car because it's always in gear, and they don't have starters. They need to be pushed.
YES this is very much true, not starters they must be push started and I also think they are always in gear. BUT if this guy has been killed and even if tony isn't totally negligent, sponsors will flee faster than than an itchy clint bowyer arm at richmond.

Speechless is all I can say. Terriible isnt the word.
Prayers and concerns for Ward and family.
I would rather be sure of facts before discussing Stewart. But this is going be Epic and Horrendous in every sense.
Tragic on so many levels.

The more that comes out make this seem like its true, but also an accident.

Hopefully this is an accident. If not...

Even if he gunned it to try and spray the guy, he responsible for his car. Sheet, aren't you supposed to steer way clear of pedestrians and not play games?

YES this is very much true, not starters they must be push started and I also think they are always in gear. BUT if this guy has been killed and even if tony isn't totally negligent, sponsors will flee faster than than an itchy clint bowyer arm at richmond.

I think he's got a hellova lot more to worry about than sponsors. Like, I don't know... having his career ruined, have his team go belly-up, ridicule from other racers, prison.

I feel like it's pretty clear it was an accident, the fact is, it happened. With negligence comes consequences...

Tony should have learned his damn lesson and stayed the **** out of a Sprint Car. Such a joke.

Hot head himself, I wouldn't be surprised if the worst of the rumors were true. I hope they aren't. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom