Toyota News

Revman

Denny beat your favorite driver....again!
Here's what will be kicking your ass next year.....Can't wait to see the NASCAR interpretation....

1700060489251.png

The Lexus styling trickling down to the Toyota line. Don’t care for the styling, but hope it’s aero slick.

Here's what will be kicking your ass next year.....Can't wait to see the NASCAR interpretation....

View attachment 74164

Looks like all the other manufacturers car. If not for the hood emblem nobody would know who makes it. I miss the days when you instantly knew who made the car, those days are way gone I know. I miss the land yachts with big CID and Horsepower.

I’m a bit worried that is going to be a volatile car in the draft. Also that’s a very different front fascia than the others

I’m a bit worried that is going to be a volatile car in the draft. Also that’s a very different front fascia than the others
They flattened out the front to try to help it draft better. They had problems with the old nose when it came to stability pushing/being pushed.

It's interesting that I don't see any TRD branding on the new car.....I have wondered if we will see a shift from TRD to GR at some point.

What does a Flintstones supporting character have to do with this?

It's a toss-up who I dislike more, Gazoo or Scrappy-Doo.

You'll have to ask Rev. Maybe he knows why Toyota named their race team after the worst character in the history of cartoons. (Or maybe the second worst, because like you pointed out, Scrappy-Doo was dreadful)

Gazoo Racing...think TRD for Europe although GR has taken over branding in the NHRA
Please tell me it has some Japanese meaning. The alternative appears to be the Flintstones' character is worshipped as some sort of early anime god.

More to the point, Toyota has considerable brand equity in 'TRD'. Why cause confusion by ditching that for a name that has such negative connotations in North America? Or maybe only us geezers remember the only good thing about Gazoo was that Harvey Korman did great voice work.

Please tell me it has some Japanese meaning. The alternative appears to be the Flintstones' character is worshipped as some sort of early anime god.

More to the point, Toyota has considerable brand equity in 'TRD'. Why cause confusion by ditching that for a name that has such negative connotations in North America? Or maybe only us geezers remember the only good thing about Gazoo was that Harvey Korman did great voice work.
Screenshot_20231201_084738_Chrome.jpg

I don't get it I think TRD sounds better...but not my company

Regardless of what it means, at least in English it sounds incredibly stupid and it's hard to take seriously. Marketing and branding is a skill and an art form and not everything translates well, especially certain languages, Japanese being one of them.

Regardless of what it means, at least in English it sounds incredibly stupid and it's hard to take seriously. Marketing and branding is a skill and an art form and not everything translates well, especially certain languages, Japanese being one of them.
Yeah, I agree on the marketing and branding thing.....Congratulations to Toyota for the Media Activation Award for 2023.

So, 'Picture of a Garage Racing'. :p

We don't really have a garage, just a picture of one. Don't ask what that says about our racecars...
Well, SOU of beaten the TuRD thing up, so WE thought we would give you another shot at it. You bit.

"The very origin is a Japanese word, 'gazo,' which means 'picture' or 'image,'" Toyota motorsport boss Koei Saga told Autocar.

"Almost 20 years ago our president wanted to change the structure of our company and he introduced what at the time was a very new online system using images of cars for the reselling of used cars," Saga added.

"They called this internet site gazoo.com, using the English spelling of the word."

This explains the meaning behind the name of that particular website -- one dedicated to used cars, but it doesn't have anything to do with racing per se.

Another evolutionary step took place, and it had to do with Toyota engineers having a mental image, or gazo, of garages filled with unique cars, similar to the appearance of the cars' side profiles on the company's online used car website. Gazo, in effect, came to mean the same as "garage" for Toyota engineers, even though the actual word for garage is different in Japanese. (Garage is gareji in Japanese, one of a handful of modern words that came into the language just in the 20th century from English).

"So we combined those two images," Saga toldAutocar. "And the ultimate goal of the various garages, each with a different focus, is to create better cars."

I don’t pull for Toyotas, but that is a great looking race car. My first car I ever had was a 1974 Corolla, then later had a new 76 SR-5. Last Yota I ever owned. A couple years ago I was issued a Camry rental car. Was expecting more, but did not like it. This looks NOTHING like a Camry. When did they make a two door sports car version? Looks like the love child from a Camry late night mating with a GR86!

Back
Top Bottom