Toyota News

"The very origin is a Japanese word, 'gazo,' which means 'picture' or 'image,'" Toyota motorsport boss Koei Saga told Autocar. ... "They called this internet site gazoo.com, using the English spelling of the word."
The English spelling of the Japanese word 'gazo' is 'picture' or 'image'. There is no specific English word 'gazoo'. Googling it turns up a misinterpretation of 'kazoo', and as a synonym for the equally vague 'wazoo' (and I definitely don't want a car from there).

Pedantically yours.

Eh, I don't think this is going in the Craftsman Truck Series.

I don't think you'll even be able to buy it here.

From the article

"The vehicle is primarily aimed at Southeast Asian markets, South Africa, and Australia, addressing the demand for compact and adaptable commercial vehicles."

I'd buy one if I was in the market for an inexpensive vehicle I intended to actually use as a truck and not as an everyday grocery getter or to define my masculinity for the neighbors. I suspect it lacks many of the electronic niceties others require but I couldn't care less about - cell phone compatibility, power and automatic this, that, and the other, etc.

However, I also suspect it lacks many safety features required in the US.

I'd buy one if I was in the market for an inexpensive vehicle I intended to actually use as a truck and not as an everyday grocery getter or to define my masculinity for the neighbors. I suspect it lacks many of the electronic niceties others require but I couldn't care less about - cell phone compatibility, power and automatic this, that, and the other, etc.

Yeah safety and pollution could be a problem for U.S. Some of this style below have made it into the U.S. over the years. They are tiny compared to this Yota. Some are 4 wheel drive and used on farms, ranches, off road. They top out at about 45 MPH.
At ten grand, they don't fit the typical U.S. automaker's soak the customer by dripping the truck models with every bell and whistle they can find to hang on the things and finance them for 6 years.

1701625761366.jpeg

One of my dad's friends who is a carpenter bought one of these for his business.
I had to look up what it is - Dongfeng Motor Corporation .
1701634538788.jpeg

Eh, I don't think this is going in the Craftsman Truck Series.

Rivaling the Cybertruck as the ugliest looking thing on the road. I'm all for a low cost no frills truck, but that doesn't mean it has to be ugly. The sheet metal stamping presses don't know or care what shape you ask them to make.

Well, SOU of beaten the TuRD thing up, so WE thought we would give you another shot at it. You bit.
I would think Toyota could live with Flintstones and Kazoo Kid memes a lot more than the brilliant “TuRD” that gets thrown around each week.

Rivaling the Cybertruck as the ugliest looking thing on the road.
But at 1/7th or 1/8th the price of a Tesla, I can tolerate a whole lot of unattractive. When I'm inside, I can't see the sheet metal. Since I'm the one paying for it, I don't care what other people think of it.

Trotta on NASCAR Radio....Chadly on NASCAR Radio.....Reddick on DBC.....all mentioning that WE were 1 (20) and 2 (43) in the Phoenix test. LFG!!!!!!!!!!

“Kylie, Chasey and Willy” are gonna take an outdated car and still beat Toyota’s “best” all year long. Can’t wait. More Hamlin choke moments to come.

“Kylie, Chasey and Willy” are gonna take an outdated car and still beat Toyota’s “best” all year long. Can’t wait. More Hamlin choke moments to come.
I like this. Old car, new louvers and greenhouses. LFG. I'm ready. 100% if The Felon's cars are slow in Vegas and Phoenix, Jeffy and Chadly will be screeching about the injustice of it all. Maybe a new car like in '20

Maybe the vaunted Garage 56 Edition! Can't wait....be patient....might take a couple of races to get NASCAR to come your way....or maybe race the Suburban?

Not good at all.
Toyota response.

Back
Top Bottom