Truck Race thread --- Knoxville

NASCAR isn’t dirt anymore. Let’s stick to that or create a dirt series where NASCAR drivers run dirt sprint cars at dirt specific tracks.
Congratulations. I didn't know you were the head of what Nascar is and isn't.

Really? They were running in the dirt years ago?
Tonight sucked. I didn’t check but I expect you rated it a 12. You needa get out the house.

Attachments

• scottbloomquist2018-e1530640882658.jpg
    scottbloomquist2018-e1530640882658.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 83
Eldora was handled by people who knew how to prep a dirt track and format a dirt race for stock cars,

NASCAR and SMI don't, that's pretty obvious
Eldora wasn’t really that great of a show. Plus it isn’t set up for a Nascar crowd. It was different and fun but the shine doesn’t last long. Nascar isn’t dirt. They’re barely putting on a good hard surface show with the different packages.

Got tired of watching trucks wreck. Just wanted the race to be done at the end but was happy with the winner.

Imagine watching a race and the entire time complaining about it. At least 2 on here last night are in the running for the "whiner of the race award". The envelope please.......................................

I fell asleep on the last 20 laps, I can’t quantify my feelings on the race until I go back and watch the last bit of it on DVR. Seems like they were wrecking a lot. I guess I’m torn a bit on what I want. I’ve always wanted Old Bristol the one lane, bump n run track back and I felt this races was the spirit of that. But I don’t want wreck upon wreck upon wreck and it for drag forever. I do hope Trucks continue racing on dirt, I don’t watch enough dirt racing to have an opinion on it on what I like, I just know I wished I watched more series and I hope NASCAR finds a way to have its series race on it 1-2 times a year. Watching post race interviews on YouTube, Drivers seemed to hate it, but since it’s a consensus around here on a “shut up and drive” mandate, I guess their feelings on the matter are inconsequential. Doesn’t seem the fans like it much either from the small sample size on here and on social media. Quite the conundrum, I find the NASCAR dirt racing okay at worst and entertaining (good or bad) at best.

Last edited:
I fell asleep on the last 20 laps, I can’t quantify my feelings on the race until I go back and watch the last bit of it on DVR. Seems like they were wrecking a lot. I guess I’m torn a bit on what I want. I’ve always wanted Old Bristol the one lane, bump n run track back and I felt this races was the spirit of that. But I don’t want wreck upon wreck upon wreck and it for drag forever. I do hope Trucks continue racing on dirt, I don’t watch enough dirt racing to have an opinion on it on what I like, I just know I wished I watched more series and I hope NASCAR finds a way to have its series race on it 1-2 times a year. Watching post race interviews on YouTube Drivers seemed to hate it, but since it’s a consensus around here on a “shut up and drive” , their feelings on the matter are inconsequential. Doesn’t seem the fans like it much either from the small sample size on here and on social media. Quite the conundrum
Watching those last 20 laps on your DVR, is like, well...cheating, unless you don't use the FF button. To fully appreciate (or not) you need to watch it like the rest of us did live.

Watching those last 20 laps on your DVR, is like, well...cheating, unless you don't use the FF button. To fully appreciate (or not) you need to watch it like the rest of us did live.
I might just try to watch whole main race on YouTube, I watched heats in between getting home from work and dinner. Then duty called for a little family time I was with it until about 20 to go and I was out. I thought what I saw up to that point was okay. I always have the DVR going when I watch a race incase I have to leave it and do something else. Then I can go back later and pick up where I left off. Been doing that since the days of VCR and video tapes

I don’t have a problem with dirt racing.
I go to the local dirt track here.
I don't know how you watch dirt racing and have never heard of Scott Bloomquist. He's one of the most historically significant dirt drivers of all time and he's been at it since the 80s and still going strong.

I don't know how you watch dirt racing and have never heard of Scott Bloomquist. He's one of the most historically significant dirt drivers of all time and he's been at it since the 80s and still going strong.
I don’t “watch” dirt racing, it’s not available on my channel lineup.
I go to Ventura Raceway, Perris and I’ve been up to Bakersfield a couple of times. Never saw the guy at any of those places.

Scott Bloomquist was so popular years ago and was such a draw to dirt tracks, he was paid before he arrived at a track. It was essentially an appearance fee. It would be a sanctioning body (UMP, Hav-A-Tampa, etc.) that would charge that to the promoters. It was the equivalent to NASCAR's winner's circle program.

While the Knoxville experiment clearly was a clunker. I can’t place blame for last night’s shenanigans solely on the venue and lack of track prep. There have been numerous demo derby marathons this season in this division.

The biggest issue with the Trucks right now is too many rich kids driving like they’re on iRacing. The series could stand to gain from an infusion of veteran talent to counterbalance the 19 year old wrecking balls. How many drivers commented last night on the lack of respect on the race track? I know Hocevar and Creed mentioned it.

While the Knoxville experiment clearly was a clunker. I can’t place blame for last night’s shenanigans solely on the venue and lack of track prep. There have been numerous demo derby marathons this season in this division.

The biggest issue with the Trucks right now is too many rich kids driving like they’re on iRacing. The series could stand to gain from an infusion of veteran talent to counterbalance the 19 year old wrecking balls. How many drivers commented last night on the lack of respect on the race track? I know Hocevar and Creed mentioned it.
Pretty much the only way to pass was to move somebody out of the way, or bull your way forward on a restart. I don't think age or financial status had much to do with it

Maybe just leave em on asphalt and concrete where they belong.
I don't know dirt. So, I think I am pretty objective here....I am hearing the same excuses for the racing that I have heard every dirt track we have tried. I didn't see anything last night that I have seen on the heavily criticized asphalt tracks. I guess this is NASCAR catering to what they are hearing the fans want....or think they want. I think that there is something romantic about the big time series going to the small town tracks, but once they get there it appears that even the small timers want their regional series back. As for the casual fan (who knows less than me...if that is conceivable)....how the hell are they supposed to get this?

The series could stand to gain from an infusion of veteran talent to counterbalance the 19 year old wrecking balls.
Yeah, we have tried that, but then the board explodes with babies losing their candy complaints.

Wrecking somebody under yellow and is dangerous. The offender must be banished from the series. Immediately. This is horrid. It will follow this kid for the rest of his life. :sarcasm:

Back
Top Bottom