Truck RACE thread --- Mosport

not sure why people are mad at jhn

we need more of that

you race to win not to finish second

Jeff Burton said, "Winning should be more honorable."

John Hunter didn't make any friends and he's usually pretty clean. Seems like Custer's CC didn't care for him either during the interview.

probably why jeff had a very average career

I don't know man, a lot of drivers are mad about it. :idunno:

seen Larson, Wallace jr and marks mad so far oh and Mike waltrip and jeff burton

5 drivers that arent that great

larson 1 cup win
wallace jr- a truck title but no sucess in nationwide
i know nothing about marks

mike and jeff were average in cup

thats what seperates them from the all time greats. they have feelings

JHN had him covered off the last corner, checking him into the wall was trash.

Looks like there is a new "dirtiest move at Mosport".

seen Larson, Wallace jr and marks mad so far oh and Mike waltrip and jeff burton

larson 1 cup win

JHN is eligible for a championship. Custer should be and could have been.

There is bump-and-run and there is "Madhouse" garbage.

That was the latter.

larson 1 cup win

Jr doesn't seem to happy about it either. Either way, all have done more in Cup than John Hunter has. I mean, I like the kid but they are right and wrong way to do things. If he had just spun him out, that's one thing but he took it a bit to far.

I didnt mean to wreck him, I was just tryna rattle his cage.

Blah blah blah

Checkers or wreckers

He would have had the checkers after the SECOND bump. He didn't have to destroy both trucks.

He would have had the checkers after the SECOND bump. He didn't have to destroy both trucks.
Camera angle from down the final straight shows he was hard in the throttle (obvs), got loose exiting & corrected it into Custer. Imo he didnt intentionally drive him into the wall, thats just where they ended up fighting for the win.

Need more guys willing to put it all on the line for a W rather than Greg Biffling it.

Camera angle from down the final straight shows he was hard in the throttle (obvs), got loose exiting & corrected it into Custer. Imo he didnt intentionally drive him into the wall, thats just where they ended up fighting for the win.

Need more guys willing to put it all on the line for a W rather than Greg Biffling it.

A lot of drivers disagree with you, even ones who have had their own dirty moments said that was a bit to far. I have seen the same thing as you, and even at first said it but with his attitude about it afterwards it's pretty clear he did what he did on purpose. So I'm sure he did intentionally drive him into the wall

I didn't notice the loose hook to the left. It'd be nice if you are right.

A lot of drivers disagree with you, even ones who have had their own dirty moments said that was a bit to far. I have seen the same thing as you, and even at first said it but with his attitude about it afterwards it's pretty clear he did what he did on purpose. So I'm sure he did intentionally drive him into the wall
Id have an attitude as well if someone ran after me, tried to tackle me, then got up & turned his back to walk away.

Id have an attitude as well if someone ran after me, tried to tackle me, then got up & turned his back to walk away.

:rolleyes: He walked away as it got broke up. I guess all the drivers who are pissed are wrong as well aye? If he just spun him or moved him that's one thing. But I guess you got to stick to your name and think crap like that is fine. He'll get raced that same way now. Hopefully it's his only time being a d bag as I want to like the kid.

:rolleyes: He walked away as it got broke up. I guess all the drivers who are pissed are wrong as well aye? If he just spun him or moved him that's one thing. But I guess you got to stick to your name and think crap like that is fine. He'll get raced that same way now. Hopefully it's his only time being a d bag as I want to like the kid.
>complain nascar aint what it used to be

>get old school nascar checkers or wreckers photo finish

>complain about "reckless drivers" and demand nascar dole out penalties

>get lame spaced out follow the leader racing

>repeat

>complain nascar aint what it used to be

>get old school nascar checkers or wreckers photo finish

>complain about "reckless drivers" and demand nascar dole out penalties

>get lame spaced out follow the leader racing

>repeat

We are going to just have to agree to disagree before we get told to stop. Just don't EVER let me see you complain about someone being wrecked close to the end of a race for a win, as you have NO room to complain now. Good day.

After watching the replays a few times, I think it looked a lot worse than it was.

JHN could've probably made the pass for the win with out wearing out Custer, but already had committed to the bump and run. Custer took the outside going into 10, thus when JHN got to his bumper, they hooked at an awkward angle resulting in both trucks getting locked together and running off into the grass.

What most folks are pissed about is JHN keeping Custer pinned against the inside wall all the way down the front stretch.

After watching the replays a few times, I think it looked a lot worse than it was.

JHN could've probably made the pass for the win with out wearing out Custer, but already had committed to the bump and run. Custer took the outside going into 10, thus when JHN got to his bumper, they hooked at an awkward angle resulting in both trucks getting locked together and running off into the grass.

What most folks are pissed about is JHN keeping Custer pinned against the inside wall all the way down the front stretch.
Don't know if they locked or not initially but I definitely didn't like JHN plowing Custer off of the track. There's a distinction between a bump-and-run and driving through someone, but if he got hooked I can forgive that a little bit.

It's funny how Smoke door slammed Denny into the guardrail at Sonoma for the win to the sound of thunderous applause, and Cale Gale did the exact same thing to Kyle Busch to win at Homestead in 2012, and he got the Jesus coming into Nazareth treatment; yet everyone hates it when a super talented driver driving for an underfunded sponsor less single truck team does it and very body loses their minds. If this wasn't one of Jr.'s trucks 90% of people wouldn't be as outraged. As usual it depends on what driver NASCAR fans like for how they and the media view things. It's ridiculous.

It's funny how Smoke door slammed Denny into the guardrail at Sonoma for the win to the sound of thunderous applause, and Cale Gale did the exact same thing to Kyle Busch to win at Homestead in 2012, and he got the Jesus coming into Nazareth treatment; yet everyone hates it when a super talented driver driving for an underfunded sponsor less single truck team does it and very body loses their minds. If this wasn't one of Jr.'s trucks 90% of people wouldn't be as outraged. As usual it depends on what driver NASCAR fans like for how they and the media view things. It's ridiculous.

There's a difference between a body slam and trying to take a guy out three times. That was dirty, no matter how you spin it. Bowman Gray garbage.

That's what I'm pissed about for sure.

Well don't include me in that 90%. You can check MANY of the Truck race threads, and I cheer on John Hunter A LOT in them. I've cheer for both drives. Had it not been for the just KEEPING HIM PINNED to the wall, I'd not care. But that's some dirty crap no matter how you spin it.

If this wasn't one of Jr.'s trucks 90% of people wouldn't be as outraged.

It's both. Nemechek's moves were over the top, and many people get way too hysterical when Jr. is somehow involved. It is indeed ridiculous to see people ascribing all of this 'dangerous' intent regarding the officials as though it were possible for him to be perfectly aware of all the surroundings in the heat of the moment.

At least this was (too) hard racing going for a win coming out of the final corner with the checkered flag in sight. What Tony Stewart did to Brian Scott and what Clint Bowyer did to Aric Almirola tonight in the Cup race were both worse and less justifiable. Neither of those intentional dumpings were over anything important (unless you think Tony's and Clint's infantile egos are paramount) and both were more deliberate and careless than what JHN did to win the damn race. I'm not thrilled with it, but jeez, the selective outrage and pearl clutching.

Stewart Fan said:
John hunter should be parked the rest of the year. What a worthless pos he is.

OK, I'm speechless.

Last edited:
Jr doesn't seem to happy about it either. Either way, all have done more in Cup than John Hunter has. I mean, I like the kid but they are right and wrong way to do things. If he had just spun him out, that's one thing but he took it a bit to far.

You're entitled to your opinion but I keep seeing a lot of people say this. I just don't get how dumping someone and having them DNF is better then JHN banging door to door but at lest giving Cole a chance to win and finishing 2nd. This isn't as bad as Chase or Larson dumping guys to win in 2013, Custer was side by side with Nemechek and inches away from the win

Just seen the incident what a crap bag move.

It's both. Nemechek's moves were over the top, and many people get way too hysterical when Jr. is somehow involved. It is indeed ridiculous to see people ascribing all of this 'dangerous' intent regarding the officials as though it were possible for him to be perfectly aware of all the surroundings in the heat of the moment.

At least this was (too) hard racing going for a win coming out of the final corner with the checkered flag in sight. What Tony Stewart did to Brian Scott and what Clint Bowyer did to Aric Almirola tonight in the Cup race were both worse and less justifiable. Neither of those intentional dumpings were over anything important (unless you think Tony's and Clint's infantile egos are paramount) and both were more deliberate and careless than what JHN did to win the damn race. I'm not thrilled with it, but jeez, the selective outrage and pearl clutching.

I agree Stewart and Bowyer both made di*k moves but Stewart and Bowyer have also been around this sport for a while. Tony has a Dale Earnhardt type mean streak to him. If he thinks you raced him dirty your going to get it, either on the track or off. Bowyer has made his share of stupid decisions but he isn't afraid to rough people up. JHN is still pretty new to this sport and what he did possibly costed a team from making the Chase to contend for a championship. He tried the bump and run, didn't work. Then tried shoving him through the corner and once again didn't work so he tried a kamikaze move as a last effort. Respect is earned by how you drive your competitors. Earnhardt and Stewart may have caused there share of accidents but everyone knew that they could pedal a car better than anyone else. JHN is still building his reputation as he hasn't even reached the top level of Nascar but I am sure most top drivers and owners are taking note to the kind of driver they seen today. This still will never top Robby Gordon at Montreal several years ago.

I agree Stewart and Bowyer both made di*k moves but Stewart and Bowyer have also been around this sport for a while. Tony has a Dale Earnhardt type mean streak to him. If he thinks you raced him dirty your going to get it, either on the track or off. Bowyer has made his share of stupid decisions but he isn't afraid to rough people up. JHN is still pretty new to this sport and what he did possibly costed a team from making the Chase to contend for a championship. He tried the bump and run, didn't work. Then tried shoving him through the corner and once again didn't work so he tried a kamikaze move as a last effort. Respect is earned by how you drive your competitors. Earnhardt and Stewart may have caused there share of accidents but everyone knew that they could pedal a car better than anyone else. JHN is still building his reputation as he hasn't even reached the top level of Nascar but I am sure most top drivers and owners are taking note to the kind of driver they seen today. This still will never top Robby Gordon at Montreal several years ago.

I'm sorry, I think that kind of appeal to authority via seniority is without merit. I judge the incident on the track that took place, not who has more weight and cred to throw around. "They've been around for a while" does not hold up logically. In fact, if we are to judge fault and responsibility based on experience, you would think we would cut the young driver slack while holding the wise veterans more accountable.

As usual, the stupidity of the Chase system has things all screwed up. What should matter is that they were racing for a win and maybe Nemecheck got carried away. Instead people are worried over lottery tickets.

Did Norm get into any fights after the race?
LOL no actually I think Norm was one of the only drivers with a clean truck after the race.. Although I did see an argument and near fight between the 2 and 23 crew guys for what happened in the final corner. We were right beside the 19s box.. When the race first ended they thought they won for a few lol I was excited for them but it was a scoring loop mishap

I have never defended bump and runs but even if I did this case would not qualify as one.
JHN tried a bump and run a few seconds before the last corner.

But on the last corner he pushed Custer and stayed on the throttle. All while Custer tires can be seen plowing for a few seconds as Nemechek remains on the throttle. Then he made a hard turn to the left while they were side by side. He tried to wreck Custer at least 2 times during the last two or three corners.

Never mind the intent of the grassy noll or grind to the flag, JHN had already bulldosed Custer to set that up.

I liked the Nemecheks prior to this and I still do. I watched Joe run short tracks in the early 80s and I have always admired his passion. Was sad when he lost his younger brother and I want John Hunter to have a long and great cup career.

But none of that can justify what happened yesterday, and Nascar should have also addressed it yesterday. No way he deserved the win.
And JHN should drop his pretentious game and admit he was wrong too. This will not be forgotten for a long time and paybacks will happen, in many ways for several years.

Last edited:
John hunter should be parked the rest of the year. What a worthless pos he is.

And Smoke shouldn't be parked for a race last night?

I don't think it was meant to be that bad, John Hunter did bump, but when he jumped back on the throttle the rear end kicked out and pinned Custer as he was trying to get back into the track. At that point they were both stuck together.

Back
Top Bottom