Truck RACE thread --- Mosport

michael waltrip syaing that was too much shows why he only won 2 races his own career

I think you had the better experience by actually being a participant.
Oh for sure.. While they were fighting I was either hanging out by Norms truck while he debriefed with his CC or bringing the tool box back to the garage.. That was a pain lol... literally.. Theres a big hill we had to push it down and the drawers kept opening.. I cut my arm on one of em trying to shut them as quick as they opened.. Didnt even realize it til I saw the blood on the handle lol

The guy that got me in with Norm isan amazing artist. He drew a bunch of cars to get signed while we were there.. Does it every year.. And every year for the past 3 he has had the winner if the race sign a picture before the race.. This year no exception.. He got JHN as well as Tyler Reddick, Rico Abreu's sprint car and William Byron. Plus a few from Norm Benning of course. I met Rico Abreu.. Went right in his hauler while he was eatin pulled pork on a bun lol

Keeping tabs on everyone who's "fine with this." and hope to never see them upset over any finish ever that does with wrecking someone. Anything to win right?

Put me down with being fine as I don't mind seeing a determined driver impose his will on others unless it means he hooked them into the fence.

I wish I could put more pics in here but I cant seem to upload them from my phone.. The pics I posted before were taken specifically for my posts at that time. I got some good ones too.. Recorded the end of the race from the pits as well.

those 77% who said no should just stop watching nascar then

its people like them that ruin the sport

this is why drivers are soft nowadays

Nascar cannot afford to lose another fan and even needs the weenies watching.

I cant argue against what Nemecheck did.. I would have done the same lol... Thing is he caught Custer.. He was clearly faster at the time.. lost a spot on the restart and was still able to get it back and catch the leader by the end and did what he could to win and was successful.. Cant hate on a guy for that.. He could maybe have been cleaner about it but a wins a win and he got there first

Last edited:
Oh for sure.. While they were fighting I was either hanging out by Norms truck while he debriefed with his CC or bringing the tool box back to the garage.. That was a pain lol... literally.. Theres a big hill we had to push it down and the drawers kept opening.. I cut my arm on one of em trying to shut them as quick as they opened.. Didnt even realize it til I saw the blood on the handle lol

Not sure how it works at that level but the comradery in the pits at the local level is great.
Guys from other teams will help you push the car back on the hauler etc. I have had other racers loan me a part to run during a race and trusting me to bring it back when the race was over. In one case I was running out of state and the racer didnt even know me. Wasnt a cheap part either.

I think most people in the pits have always dreamed about being there in the pits as participants, a part of the actual race, at least in my experience. We are all dreamers wanting to race, and for the most part we respected everyones passion to chase the dream. And the comradery knows it too.

Not sure how it works at that level but the comradery in the pits at the local level is great.
Guys from other teams will help you push the car back on the hauler etc. I have had other racers loan me a part to run during a race and trusting me to bring it back when the race was over. In one case I was running out of state and the racer didnt even know me. Wasnt a cheap part either.

I think most people in the pits have always dreamed about being there in the pits as participants, a part of the actual race, at least in my experience. We are all dreamers wanting to race, and for the most part we respected everyones passion to chase the dream. And the comradery knows it too.
Oh yeah I agree 100%.. We had 2 other teams help us on our 4 tire stop.. The jack man came over from I think the 44 and one of the 19 guys handed the second gas can to our gas man.. And our gas man went and did the stop for the 44... Not to mention the parts we had to borrow before the race. It was cool to see how they all help eachother out... Few teams dont get along lol but overall like u said everyone just wants to race and they all know that about each other and seems theyll do what they can to help another team make sure they get what they need to get out there.

Oh yeah I agree 100%.. We had 2 other teams help us on our 4 tire stop.. The jack man came over from I think the 44 and one of the 19 guys handed the second gas can to our gas man.. And our gas man went and did the stop for the 44... Not to mention the parts we had to borrow before the race. It was cool to see how they all help eachother out... Few teams dont get along lol but overall like u said everyone just wants to race and they all know that about each other and seems theyll do what they can to help another team make sure they get what they need to get out there.
OK , from now on , I am going to "like" all of your posts . I hope it's not going to be really obvious , but I'll be like one of those fanboys . I got your back in any debate and I 'm startin to like Joey a little bit too. You are the man. Pulled pork? Really ?

michael waltrip syaing that was too much shows why he only won 2 races his own career
and one them was a rain shortened race. The other was Junior covering his ass while Dale held back the field. Your right though, he did get 2 wins.

and one them was a rain shortened race. The other was Junior covering his ass while Dale held back the field. Your right though, he did get 2 wins.

4 actually. 3 at Daytona 1 at Dega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK , from now on , I am going to "like" all of your posts . I hope it's not going to be really obvious , but I'll be like one of those fanboys . I got your back in any debate and I 'm startin to like Joey a little bit too. You are the man. Pulled pork? Really ?
Haha yeah man seemed like they just had a bunch of food out for the crew.. The 29 team had a buffet style thing going on in front of their hauler lol

And thanks man it was an experience of a life time.. I really hope I get to go back next year but even if not Im just glad I got to have that experience it was unreal.. Once I figure out how to get the pics from my phone to here Ill show u guys a bunch of pictures I took.. Got the end of the race recorded too

SlicedBread22: and I know this doesn't belong in this thread, but...

do you attend weekly short tracks? what you experienced at the truck race for that team goes on all over the country at the grass roots level. glad to hear it still exists at the near big league level.
Not weekly.. And only as a fan when I do.. Im about 20 min away from the oldest dirt track in Canada

20160903_143116.jpg

I've been boycotting the truck races this year because of the insane caution clock, but I did go back and watch this finish. It looks to me like Nemechek got loose off the final corner and then felt laying into Custer was his best chance to stay ahead. He turned left into him to maintain the advantage, not further wreck him in my view.

It always amazes me how two of us look at the same exact thing and see it in two completely different ways.

I mean, he certainly wasn't doing it to lose? I think he thought if he could pinch Custer into the wall, there'd be no way for him to get back by. It was certainly intentional, but I think justifiable in attempting to win a race.

I mean, he certainly wasn't doing it to lose? I think he thought if he could pinch Custer into the wall, there'd be no way for him to get back by. It was certainly intentional, but I think justifiable in attempting to win a race.
Probably would have been smarter of him to get back on the track.. Then he would have driven away from Custer.. But maybe he thought he would hook him who knows

Probably would have been smarter of him to get back on the track.. Then he would have driven away from Custer.. But maybe he thought he would hook him who knows

and if he hooked up, I think it be Cole people be mad at here. From what I seen, if he had not kept him pinned right up to the wall the way he did no one would be mad here. Probably still could have had a good finish. I'm not as mad over it now, I still think John Hunter was a bit to dirty but meh.

and if he hooked up, I think it be Cole people be mad at here. From what I seen, if he had not kept him pinned right up to the wall the way he did no one would be mad here. Probably still could have had a good finish. I'm not as mad over it now, I still think John Hunter was a bit to dirty but meh.
Its not any worse thab what Chase did to Ty.. Not even as bad imo.. And ppl love Chase lol long as he keeps winning he'll get fans

Its not any worse thab what Chase did to Ty.. Not even as bad imo.. And ppl love Chase lol long as he keeps winning he'll get fans

I don't think a Joey fan should say spinning a guy out is worse, just my opinion. Honestly, yeah what Chase did wasn't exactly best either. Ryan Blaney has the best win there IMO

That's how you win without wrecking, slamming, etc someone in that turn.

I don't think a Joey fan should say spinning a guy out is worse, just my opinion. Honestly, yeah what Chase did wasn't exactly best either. Ryan Blaney has the best win there IMO

That's how you win without wrecking, slamming, etc someone in that turn.

Lmao! Well if that aint the most pathetic stand point in a debate I dont know what is.. Im a Joey fan so I have to like ppl being spun? Lol how many races has Joey won from spinning someone out? One.. And even when that happened I said I wish he'd have passed him clean but regardless Kenseth blocked like a mofo and deserved what he got.. As did Joey M'ville... However.. To say I cant say it was a dirty move at MoSport for that reasoning is just plain asinine

Back
Top Bottom