Ty Gibbs Appreciation Thread

Another? He has one top 5 in 36 starts in cup.
Who's counting besides you? Haven't heard anybody have anything but praise for Ty except for you. All good. To be expected. Go Amirola!

Ty has been remarkably quiet this year. Slower than I thought, but consistent, steady and quite.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He is doing what he needs to do this.year. Quiet, no PR embarrassments, and the speed and results will come in time. He has the talent.
Totally. I expected more checkers and wreckers, more noise, more contenting races and more duds...

He's been a remarkably reliable top 15 driver.

He's got quite a few years but he's gonna be special

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From 30th to 12th....without caution. Bring on Watkins Glen.....

While the ethics behind his entry into the main JGR fold will forever be under scrutiny, I think he’s proven the investment to be worthwhile. I also expected more fireworks, but he’s had a solid if not a bit of an unspectacular campaign so far. Some of the tracks that he’s returning to have shown that he’s acclimatizing to the Cup scene pretty well. I don’t think he’ll get a win this year at his current pace, but won’t be surprised if we start seeing a bit of a surge soon, or come playoff time, that leads into a couple of early wins in his sophomore season.

While the ethics behind his entry into the main JGR fold will forever be under scrutiny, I think he’s proven the investment to be worthwhile. I also expected more fireworks, but he’s had a solid if not a bit of an unspectacular campaign so far. Some of the tracks that he’s returning to have shown that he’s acclimatizing to the Cup scene pretty well. I don’t think he’ll get a win this year at his current pace, but won’t be surprised if we start seeing a bit of a surge soon, or come playoff time, that leads into a couple of early wins in his sophomore season.
There is absolutely no question about the ethics with which Ty got here. That is the fantasy narrative of some posters (aka SOU....or "Some of Us"....and Kyle Busch himself who has been working on the victim resurrection narrative ever since he realized he wasn't going to break the JGR bank--even though--BY HIS OWN ADMISSION--Coach was willing.

I am not surprised by Ty and his demeanor. He lost his Dad, and has paid respect to him by following his last guidance. Of course, his Mother and Grandfather have been there to support as well. I think this speaks to the character of a young man whose character has justifiable been called into question. It is interesting that much time has been spent on that topic, but very little on the obvious changes and possible reasons for those changes. SOU wants to hate Ty, but he has taken that from SOU...and I love it. I am becoming a huge fan of the guy.

I hope Ty gets a win, but honestly, I enjoyed the hell out of watching him drive the wheels off of MY TRD powered Toyota Camry TRD today. A brilliant drive after getting turned. Poised. Determined. Fast. Unrelenting.

Can't wait to see where this guy can do moving forward!

Listening to Dave Alpern on NASCAR Radio.....Such a great decision to move the number 54 to Cup. Details.

Post race interview shows he's still a punk

I didn’t hear the radio interview, but I thought the TV interview was pretty mature actually. I expected him to be fuming and tossing insults but he didn’t (at least not at first). He didn’t accuse Mayer of wrecking him - he said he was racing with “desperation” and wheel hopped into him. He said they have been racing together a long time and mildly agreed it was more a racing deal than intentional.

Then the interviewer keeps baiting him for a sound bite and finally he says the thing about Sam having two wins in more races but I don’t think it was that bad to be honest, and largely due to being asked the same question three times.

Apparently the radio interview was worse, I haven’t heard it.

Post race interview shows he's still a punk
Yeah, he's still got his holier than thou attitude. He just tries to hide it better than his predecessor. Or hide it in general. Predecessor has not desire to hide his punkness.

If Ty angles himself just so where the sun glints off of his designer sun glasses and the camera shot includes the "he gets us" sign on the car, one could swear he is the new annointed Nascar jesus until he opens his bird like mouth.

A Ty Gibbs appreciation thread. He has qualities worth appreciating? He's literally the silver spoon Disney villain in every sport movie. Except unlike the movies, Ty Gibbs won't see the error of his way and helps the young and scrappy driver of a small team win the championship, he'll just stay the silver spoon villain til the end.

A Ty Gibbs appreciation thread. He has qualities worth appreciating? He's literally the silver spoon Disney villain in every sport movie. Except unlike the movies, Ty Gibbs won't see the error of his way and helps the young and scrappy driver of a small team win the championship, he'll just stay the silver spoon villain til the end.

While that all may be true, you can't deny that the kid has a lot of talent and will probably win a championship some day. I don't like him but like it or not he has a ton of talent. He also isn't even old enough to drink yet. You weren't an a$$hole in your early 20's?

While that all may be true, you can't deny that the kid has a lot of talent and will probably win a championship some day. I don't like him but like it or not he has a ton of talent. He also isn't even old enough to drink yet. You weren't an a$$hole in your early 20's?

Does he have talent, or is he just someone who won the lottery of a lifetime to be the grandson of a top tier NASCAR Cup team owner? Also, let's not forget that Joe Gibbs completely ****** over Kyle Busch to get his grandson that seat. So the whole tree is rotten IMHO.

Does he have talent, or is he just someone who won the lottery of a lifetime to be the grandson of a top tier NASCAR Cup team owner? Also, let's not forget that Joe Gibbs completely ****** over Kyle Busch to get his grandson that seat. So the whole tree is rotten IMHO.

I agree on all points except talent. If you can't see he has talent you are blind. It doesn't matter how good your car/team is. If you don't have talent your not going to run up front.

If Ty angles himself just so where the sun glints off of his designer sun glasses and the camera shot includes the "he gets us" sign on the car, one could swear he is the new annointed Nascar jesus until he opens his bird like mouth.
If ever there was a time to "turn the other cheek"...

You worked so hard for 0 likes. The struggle is real, I know.....and if if drives a Chevy tomorrow, you are all over his Fan Club.

Also, let's not forget that Joe Gibbs completely ****** over Kyle Busch to get his grandson that seat.
By offering to pay him out of his own pocket--by Kyle's own admission? What a bunch of bull****.

You worked so hard for 0 likes. The struggle is real, I know.....and if if drives a Chevy tomorrow, you are all over his Fan Club.
My pleasure, and if if drives something else, it wouldn't hurt me one bit. After all Gibber has already sold off 20% of his franchise, so one never knows what the future will hold.

yep, all most back there with hailie
He hath a lot more pages to do before he will ever thread like Hailie Deegan.

Seriously they are two different extremes. He has the speed and confidence that she does not have on the track. He is going to win a lot of cup races and may even be a future cup champion.

But he is socially awkward and has a lot of immature moments. He will probably be a different person by the time is 25, hopefully without losing the on the track confidence.
But the publics established opinion and reputation that he has already earned will take a lot longer change if it ever does.

It's funny how you make it seem like soi is a hypocrite cause he would root for ty in a Chevy but you would do the same thing if chase switched to Toyota.

It's funny how you make it seem like soi is a hypocrite cause he would root for ty in a Chevy but you would do the same thing if chase switched to Toyota.
100%....and I admit it.

By offering to pay him out of his own pocket--by Kyle's own admission? What a bunch of bull****.

So it's just happenstance that Richard Childress had no issue lining up sponsors for Kyle Busch in the #8. When before that, Joe Gibbs would hem and haw about the struggles of finding sponsorship for Kyle Busch in the #18 after Mars Candy Company left. That doesn't seem suspicious to you?

So it's just happenstance that Richard Childress had no issue lining up sponsors for Kyle Busch in the #8. When before that, Joe Gibbs would hem and haw about the struggles of finding sponsorship for Kyle Busch in the #18 after Mars Candy Company left. That doesn't seem suspicious to you?
This should be good lol. The offered him money out of his pocket is a good story. I think at that point, I would have punched him myself for the insult if he wasn't so frail. It's more like Hey Kyle, we waited until the very last so you won't have much time to line up a job, and oh, by the way, your yota dominating truck team? It's gone, and I hope we waited long enough so you are screwed in the truck series for next year. Been good having ya in the "family".

This should be good lol. The offered him money out of his pocket is a good story. I think at that point, I would have punched him myself for the insult if he wasn't so frail. It's more like Hey Kyle, we waited until the very last so you won't have much time to line up a job, and oh, by the way, your yota dominating truck team? It's gone, and I hope we waited long enough so you are screwed in the truck series for next year. Been good having ya in the "family".

Yea, if you ever wonder where Ty Gibbs get his attitude from, you only have to look at Joe Gibbs. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

This is probably small but it always seemed disrespectful to me that JGR got rid of their flagship number (18) for Ty's chosen number (54). The 18 has been there since day one and was driven by Dale Jarrett, Bobby Laborite, and Kyle Busch. It has 3 championships and a Daytona 500 behind it. It's a pretty good lineage of drivers but The Preacher threw that away because Ty wanted his number.

This is probably small but it always seemed disrespectful to me that JGR got rid of their flagship number (18) for Ty's chosen number (54). The 18 has been there since day one and was driven by Dale Jarrett, Bobby Laborite, and Kyle Busch. It has 3 championships and a Daytona 500 behind it. It's a pretty good lineage of drivers but The Preacher threw that away because Ty wanted his number.
PR move. Kyle Busch fans would have boo'd him off the track.

Back
Top Bottom