Ty Gibbs Appreciation Thread

This is probably small but it always seemed disrespectful to me that JGR got rid of their flagship number (18) for Ty's chosen number (54). The 18 has been there since day one and was driven by Dale Jarrett, Bobby Laborite, and Kyle Busch. It has 3 championships and a Daytona 500 behind it. It's a pretty good lineage of drivers but The Preacher threw that away because Ty wanted his number.
I dont know but I am thinking they still own the number and will bring it back in time on one the cars in the future. Again just wild speculation on my part but I would expect for it to happen after Truax retires with whoever replaces him.
That would give them the more traditional team numbers #11, 18, 20 and the 54.

This is probably small but it always seemed disrespectful to me that JGR got rid of their flagship number (18) for Ty's chosen number (54). The 18 has been there since day one and was driven by Dale Jarrett, Bobby Laborite, and Kyle Busch. It has 3 championships and a Daytona 500 behind it. It's a pretty good lineage of drivers but The Preacher threw that away because Ty wanted his number.
Honestly I'm curious how he landed on the number #54. Like Chase Elliott #9 is pretty obvious. So is Austin Dillion using the #3 (it was his grandfather's number before Dale Sr's) and so on. I just haven't really seen anything on why Ty chose #54 to be his number.

Honestly I'm curious how he landed on the number #54. Like Chase Elliott #9 is pretty obvious. So is Austin Dillion using the #3 (it was his grandfather's number before Dale Sr's) and so on. I just haven't really seen anything on why Ty chose #54 to be his number.

It’s a KFB number. Ty is doing a bad KFB cosplay. I remember he even repeated what Kyle said about plate tracks one year.

So it's just happenstance that Richard Childress had no issue lining up sponsors for Kyle Busch in the #8. When before that, Joe Gibbs would hem and haw about the struggles of finding sponsorship for Kyle Busch in the #18 after Mars Candy Company left. That doesn't seem suspicious to you?
How much was Kyle asking from Coach, and how much did he take from Poor Richard? Betcha they aren't one in the same.

This should be good lol. The offered him money out of his pocket is a good story. I think at that point, I would have punched him myself for the insult if he wasn't so frail. It's more like Hey Kyle, we waited until the very last so you won't have much time to line up a job, and oh, by the way, your yota dominating truck team? It's gone, and I hope we waited long enough so you are screwed in the truck series for next year. Been good having ya in the "family".
Kyle is a liar then. Be a better fan.

Like you will even go after his number? Absolutely love this.

How much was Kyle asking from Coach, and how much did he take from Poor Richard? Betcha they aren't one in the same.

You should probably read up on what kind of person Coach actually is. His "I'm a Christian man" persona is faker than a $3 bill. Joe Gibbs especially has a soured reputation in the NFL, probably why he isn't coaching in the NFL anymore. I'm sure Barney Visser has some choice words for Coach as well.

Like you will even go after his number? Absolutely love this.

I'm not going after his number, it's just something I was curious about. Usually when a driver bring their own number, they want that number for a specific reason. As I mentioned before, Chase Elliiott wanted #9 because it was his father's number. Austin Dillion brought back the #3 because it was his grandfather's number before Dale Sr. took over that ride. I just didn't know if Ty Gibbs had any personal connection to #54 or not.

You should probably read up on what kind of person Coach actually is. His "I'm a Christian man" persona is faker than a $3 bill. Joe Gibbs especially has a soured reputation in the NFL, probably why he isn't coaching in the NFL anymore. I'm sure Barney Visser has some choice words for Coach as well.

I'm not going after his number, it's just something I was curious about. Usually when a driver bring their own number, they want that number for a specific reason. As I mentioned before, Chase Elliiott wanted #9 because it was his father's number. Austin Dillion brought back the #3 because it was his grandfather's number before Dale Sr. took over that ride. I just didn't know if Ty Gibbs had any personal connection to #54 or not.
You ever met Coach? ....or even met somebody that knows him?

You ever met Coach? ....or even met somebody that knows him?

I'd imagine snakes and sharks can put on a good show for a general meet and greet with the fans. Can't really judge a person with a 5-10 minute of shaking hands and them asking you "How are you?" before moving onto the next person in line.

I'd imagine snakes and sharks can put on a good show for a general meet and greet with the fans. Can't really judge a person with a 5-10 minute of shaking hands and them asking you "How are you?" before moving onto the next person in line.
All ya got to do is look at all the $hit he has pulled since he has been in the series. It's not rocket science. Ol' Rev tries hard to cover it up with kitty litter at every opportunity and he, like the preacher has an answer for it all lol.

Answer the question please. Have you ever met him, or been associated in any way with those that know the man?

All ya got to do is look at all the $hit he has pulled since he has been in the series. It's not rocket science. Ol' Rev tries hard to cover it up with kitty litter at every opportunity and he, like the preacher has an answer for it all lol.
....and you will use one of his former drivers--who you hated--as evidence of this....or is it the Barney thing--where the man himself said 0 negative about Coach? Why don't you ever mention how much **** he had to manage with your new favorite driver?

Everyone in this thread knows that if Joe Gibbs switched back to Chevrolet, Rev would be the leader of the "Joe Gibbs Haters Club" and would probably even start calling him the Preacher too.

If the Felon switched to Toyota, he would become The Saint to ol' Rev.
100%. I have never denied that. Why does "Everyone" keep mentioning this? Not unlike another poster on this thread who doesn't like me @ him (@StandOnIt), but you don't mention his bias do you? At least I have the stones to openly admit it.

....and you will use one of his former drivers--who you hated--as evidence of this....or is it the Barney thing--where the man himself said 0 negative about Coach? Why don't you ever mention how much **** he had to manage with your new favorite driver?
Move on, we're incorrigible, you are wasting material

1692890464219.jpeg

Surprised he missed the playoffs.

I also overlooked his Watkins Glen interview regarding Mayar. " Congrats on his second win, wish I could have gotten my 13th there"

Man, once he gets comfortable, and matures another few years, I really really hope he leans into the villain role. There's no better driver to become public enemy #1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Surprised he missed the playoffs.

I also overlooked his Watkins Glen interview regarding Mayar. " Congrats on his second win, wish I could have gotten my 13th there"

Man, once he gets comfortable, and matures another few years, I really really hope he leans into the villain role. There's no better driver to become public enemy #1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Not completely surprised, and it keeps him grounded for next year. Would love to see him get one in the Playoffs, but regardless, it has been a transformational season for him. Mayer couldn't hold his cup, and he knows it.

An overlooked storyline line for next year is the impact of MTJ coming back will have on Ty. He and Martin are close.....and Denny says that Ty works his ass off. The future is bright....and I also feel like Ty has been muzzled this year.....that won't last forever.....He will be a great villain!

Kyle Busch should post some appreciation here....Ty could have put the bumper to him Sunday for all of the BS blocking going on down the stretch. Again, the kid presents the anti-narrative. I like it....but wouldn't have had a problem with Kyle getting dumped....errr....bumped.

Dude, I got MY assed kicked in Phoenix. I am searching. :)
You might be better off fluffing Le Turncoat cy. Betting on the come without any results so far. The sky is the limit. That bunch of losers were taking up space in the Chevy camp.

You might be better off fluffing Le Turncoat cy. Betting on the come without any results so far. The sky is the limit. That bunch of losers were taking up space in the Chevy camp.
Your post is incoherent.

Ty Gibbs....third in points. From thinking that his car was broken in practice.....to P19 in qualifying......to dominating the race until his tires gave out. Rollin'.

Ty Gibbs....third in points. From thinking that his car was broken in practice.....to P19 in qualifying......to dominating the race until his tires gave out. Rollin'.
The thing I like about him is the continuous improvement.
He started out fairly raw or crude and he is literally growing up while driving.
He has the narural great speed to match those lessons he is having to learn.

Hamlin put on a clinic yesterday and I am betting Ty took a lot of mental notes. He will learn how to make the tires last longer and turn the speed he already has into wins.

Gibbs ran a whole season last year. The year before that he ran 5 or 6 races as a pre-me and this year he has already ran 8 races and for all of it he is win less. Some guys can act like he is the second coming, but driving for one of the top teams in the cup series if he actually wins a race it will be a "it's about time" from me. Others can try for a piece of the robe if they so chose.

The thing I like about him is the continuous improvement.
He started out fairly raw or crude and he is literally growing up while driving.
He has the narural great speed to match those lessons he is having to learn.

Hamlin put on a clinic yesterday and I am betting Ty took a lot of mental notes. He will learn how to make the tires last longer and turn the speed he already has into wins.
He’s literally getting better each week. You can see it when he has to come up through the field and when he places inside the top 5/10, he’s just really smooth trying to gain positions. His race etiquette I can’t even believe it’s the same guy from Xfinity. Props to him, he’s been really fun to watch this year.

Gibbs ran a whole season last year. The year before that he ran 5 or 6 races as a pre-me and this year he has already ran 8 races and for all of it he is win less. Some guys can act like he is the second coming, but driving for one of the top teams in the cup series if he actually wins a race it will be a "it's about time" from me. Others can try for a piece of the robe if they so chose.
Of course....and his last name has nothing to do with your assessment. How does third in points sit with you? .....and Chasey took a bit of time before he became NASCAR Jesus, but I know......

He’s literally getting better each week. You can see it when he has to come up through the field and when he places inside the top 5/10, he’s just really smooth trying to gain positions. His race etiquette I can’t even believe it’s the same guy from Xfinity. Props to him, he’s been really fun to watch this year.
....and he is not ****ting himself on the radio. That week between the Martinsville debacle and his Xfinity Championship....aka the last week he had with his Dad changed everything. Everything.

Of course....and his last name has nothing to do with your assessment. How does third in points sit with you? .....and Chasey took a bit of time before he became NASCAR Jesus, but I know......
I didn't follow Chase that closely, but the same thing applies from me. Driving for a top team in Cup, got it all in your hands, time to win a race.

I didn't follow Chase that closely, but the same thing applies from me. Driving for a top team in Cup, got it all in your hands, time to win a race.
Fair. Lots goes into winning, and not all of it is speed and strategy. He just missed it yesterday....and not by much.....he will go on a run, and make you happy soon. Patience grasshopper.

Fair. Lots goes into winning, and not all of it is speed and strategy. He just missed it yesterday....and not by much.....he will go on a run, and make you happy soon. Patience grasshopper.
I care little if the toe headed golden child wins a race or not. I don't like the little prick.

I care little if the toe headed golden child wins a race or not. I don't like the little prick.

I don't like him either, but you can't deny his talent and that he will be one of the top guys in cup for the next 10-15 years.

I hate most of the Toyota drivers too but it took guys like Larson, Byron, Elliott and Logano about 100 races to be consistently battling for the win. It’s not easy to run top 5 in the cup series and Ty is doing it regularly in his second full time season. He’s gonna be a top guy for the next 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom