Tyler Dippel Suspended from NASCAR

You are conveniently ignoring the race at Mosport last Sunday, which Dipple was entered to race. Also, your first comment in this thread was posted after the charges were dropped, so the observation that you are dealing with 20:20 hindsight is apt, IMO.

Sunday August 18... Dipple is arrested and charged with a drug crime. Nascar is notified of the situation.

Friday August 23... Nascar's suspension of Dipple is announced publicly.

Sunday August 25... Truck race at Mosport.

Monday August 26... Pockrass and others report publicly on the nature of the charges.

Tuesday August 27... Additional evidence pointing toward Dipple's innocence is published by DirtTrackDigest.com

Wednesday August 28... The prosecutor drops charges, verifies sworn affidavit from owner of the backpack and the clear drug test taken after the arrest.

Wednesday August 28... Nascar lifts suspension and reinstates Dipple.

Summary: Busted > Suspended > Cleared > Reinstated

I don't see a problem with Nascar's actions in this sequence of events. The alternative of having a driver on track while facing drug charges is is completely unacceptable, IMO. If anyone was over-zealous, I'd say the NY State Trooper was over-zealous in this case.
Thank you for taking the time to put this up. Perspective is essential.

Competitors are fully aware of the consequences of an arrest of any kind. You’re suspended until you’re not. The idea that this guy was mis-treated in any way is embarrassing.

None of the invective and insults hurled at the sanctioning body stuck to the wall. Not a surprise.

All I say is, he suggested drug testing, you called it dumb.When someone ask does it "they are missing that point." lol.

Back
Top Bottom