Tyler Dippel Suspended from NASCAR

Thinking something is factual before knowing the entire issue.

Unwarranted presumptions to me, but honestly if Dippel passed the drug test after Bristol and after the arrest he passed a voluntary drug test. If he did that and the gentleman who owned the backpack sent a letter to the court proving the medication belonged to him... I mean at this point, I honestly believe Dippel's defense at this point. If he passed and wanted the voluntary drug test, its pretty hard to try to knock him for it.

At the same time, DTD is a Northeast based site. Might be some bias, but if Dippel did these things and passed everything. At that point, I think he's going to be innocent. This is just my opinion though.

The court of law is one thing, public opinion is another, and the 'Court of Actions Detrimental' is a third one. At the moment, it's conviction by the last one that matters.

The court of law is one thing, public opinion is another, and the 'Court of Actions Detrimental' is a third one. At the moment, it's conviction by the last one that matters.
My opinion doesn't mean sh*t to be honest, but NASCAR is going to make sure this is combed through nicely before reinstating Dippel. Its the right thing to do IMO.

My opinion doesn't mean sh*t to be honest, but NASCAR is going to make sure this is combed through nicely before reinstating Dippel. Its the right thing to do IMO.
Yep.

I'm not against NASCAR taking a hardline stance, BUT, if he passed the drug tests he should not have been suspended AT LEAST until he was formerly charged, if not convicted on the other charges. Accusations are just that, and I don't think people should be suspended over accusations. Remember Kurt Busch? There again, no Kurt Busch fan am I, but he got royally screwed on that deal.

he should not have been suspended AT LEAST until he was formerly charged,
Overlooking the drugs, wasn't he charged with speeding and other moving violations? Historically, that's been enough for an 'Actions Detrimental' suspension.

Has anything officially been released saying he'll have to go through the recovery program? I may have missed it. If he's given a pass on that, he could be reinstated relatively quickly.

Overlooking the drugs, wasn't he charged with speeding and other moving violations? Historically, that's been enough for an 'Actions Detrimental' suspension.

Has anything officially been released saying he'll have to go through the recovery program? I may have missed it. If he's given a pass on that, he could be reinstated relatively quickly.

He may have been ticketed for speeding, but as far as I can tell, he was only charged with possession. Based on the substance in question, and the fact that it's plausible it belonged to someone else, I think NASCAR should have taken the matter under advisement until more facts came out. There are clearly some things about this incident that make me go WTF, but that doesn't automatically mean he is guilty of a crime or in violation of NASCAR's conduct policy. IF Dippel's version of events is accurate, it SOUNDS LIKE he handled the situation properly once he was pulled over, including contacting NASCAR, making it even more odd that NASCAR was so quick to pull the trigger on the suspension.

From what I just read the entire broadcast crew owes the guy an apology. Especially Dale Jarrett.

He's not a Redditer and his stuff is often out in front.

We'll see ...
I noticed the thread continues on a little bit further. Intrigued as to where and how this guy gets such information. Still taking it with a grain of salt until I see that it's verifiable.

You’re a funny guy. If speeding in a civilian vehicle was a violation of NASCAR policy, Kyle Busch would have sat out an entire season for his alleged 160 mph ride through Charlotte on a civilian road. Nice try.

and once again a poster with 20 20 hindsight. Dippel was re instated as fast as he wasn't as soon as more facts came to light.

and once again a poster with 20 20 hindsight. Dippel was re instated as fast as he wasn't as soon as more facts came to light.

First off, it's not hindsight, because I said NASCAR was being premature BEFORE the charges were dropped, and BEFORE he was reinstated. Secondly, why is NASCAR hell bent on going 1000 MPH to get out front of this stuff? Obviously a positive drug test is a reason to keep somebody out of a car IMMEADIATLY, but just about everything else it would be better to wait a certain amount of time to let the process play out. Even if the charges against Dippel had not been dropped, would it REALLY have mattered if he was suspended a week or a month from now instead moments after the incident came to light?

First off, it's not hindsight, because I said NASCAR was being premature BEFORE the charges were dropped, and BEFORE he was reinstated. Secondly, why is NASCAR hell bent on going 1000 MPH to get out front of this stuff? Obviously a positive drug test is a reason to keep somebody out of a car IMMEADIATLY, but just about everything else it would be better to wait a certain amount of time to let the process play out. Even if the charges against Dippel had not been dropped, would it REALLY have mattered if he was suspended a week or a month from now instead moments after the incident came to light?

Don't think I would want a driver with a drug problem competing IN MY Series.

Don't think I would want a driver with a drug problem competing IN MY Series.

What drug problem? He tested clean twice, and it was a prescribed medication that could plausibly be concluded belonged to someone else. It's not like he had cocaine in his pants pocket. NASACAR SHOULD have brought him in for another drug test, and then if he passed, informed him and the world that the matter is under investigation, and if deemed appropriate, discipline will be forthcoming in the future. That is a REASONABLE response to the situation and prevents ANYONE from being wrongly penalized and anyone from looking foolish.

What if a driver was actually guilty but his lawyers kept delaying the trail and he continued to race under the influence?

What drug problem? He tested clean twice, and it was a prescribed medication that could plausibly be concluded belonged to someone else. It's not like he had cocaine in his pants pocket. NASACAR SHOULD have brought him in for another drug test, and then if he passed, informed him and the world that the matter is under investigation, and if deemed appropriate, discipline will be forthcoming in the future. That is a REASONABLE response to the situation and prevents ANYONE from being wrongly penalized and anyone from looking foolish.

more 20 20 hindsight. He was in possession of drugs at the time he was suspended. Nascar has to make a decision quickly so the team can get somebody else in the ride, and if he was convicted of possession and he hurt some driver while racing, We would have to read page after page of you ranting how stupid Nascar was for allowing him to race.

This is good to hear. Also, I'm cracking up at the old heads here who were trying to nail this guy to a cross for really, nothing.
Guilty. I throw myself on the mercy of the forum.
Also guilty.

Rather than ask for mercy, I will double down ... I would be surprised if NASCAR didn't have a file on the young man before this event occurred.

Back
Top Bottom