Unlimited Race Thread

I've never known anyone who tried to Demand respect to actually receive it. In my experience respect is something to be earned. Usually if someone demands respect they're not Type A's but Type A wannabe's.

I've never known anyone who tried to Demand respect to actually receive it. In my experience respect is something to be earned. Usually if someone demands respect they're not Type A's but Type A wannabe's.

I will rewrite my post ....................................... I believe Joey has earned some respect from his fellow drivers
I hope that version is satisfactory ............ you knew what I meant the first time nit-picker ;)

John Andretti has one RP win, ditto for Brian Vickers, Jimmy Spencer and Trevor Bayne. I'll give you Waltrip and Ragan. And yes, I would give you that some guys are good at plate racing but not over all. There are some road racers who are the same way though, do we deny that they have talent?

Dale Earnhardt was the master of restrictor plate racing. There are some guys who are really good at plate racing and it's disservice to them to call it pure luck.

John Andretti also has a win at Martinsville and spent his entire NASCAR career driving for teams that were never any good.

John Andretti has one RP win, ditto for Brian Vickers, Jimmy Spencer and Trevor Bayne. I'll give you Waltrip and Ragan. And yes, I would give you that some guys are good at plate racing but not over all. There are some road racers who are the same way though, do we deny that they have talent?

Dale Earnhardt was the master of restrictor plate racing. There are some guys who are really good at plate racing and it's disservice to them to call it pure luck.
Jimmy's actually got two: he won at both Daytona and Talladega in '94.

There are very few fights in hockey anymore as most teams have no enforcers on their rosters and instead employ skill players. Even if there is a fight the player/team is penalized on the spot with the potential for supplemental discipline. Even if you want to forget about hockey you often see NFL players from opposing teams praying together after a game which seems like a better choice to me than the sillyassed posing Nascar drivers get into.

I totally understand how a driver could be pissed after certain situations but acting like an idiot during or after the race is pointless.
Apples to oranges. In hockey and football they aren't going 200 mph in 3,500 pound machines where someone elses mistake could be potentially career or even life threatening. I'd be a little more upset than a hockey or football player too.

The big winner Saturday night: TNT with coverage of the NBA State Farm All-Star Saturday Night.

The NBA averaged 6.1 million viewers and upstaged everything on broadcast prime time.

The preliminary averages there: NBC with 5.4 million, Fox with 4.7 million for the NASCAR: Sprint Unlimited from Daytona Beach, CBS with 4.6 million and ABC with 2.4 million for "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets."

NBC aired a "Dateline" rerun (5.6 million) and the "Saturday Night Live Valentine's Special" (5.1 million).

CBS' best was a new "48 Hours" with 5.5 million. The network also presented repeats of "NCIS: Los Angeles" (4.7 million) and "Criminal Minds" (3.7 million).

TNT said its NBA Saturday night coverage was up 7 percent in viewers from last year. The NBA All-Star Game starts at 8:30 p.m. Sunday (tonight) on TNT.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-nba-beats-nascar-nbc-20150215-post.html

Apples to oranges. In hockey and football they aren't going 200 mph in 3,500 pound machines where someone elses mistake could be potentially career or even life threatening. I'd be a little more upset than a hockey or football player too.

Most of the incidents that piss drivers off are nowhere near life threatening

Most of the incidents that piss drivers off are nowhere near life threatening
Just because they don't end up life threatening, doesn't mean the potential isn't there at the moment the incident occurs. If someone spins a driver out on purpose, they don't know what the outcome of that wreck is going to be. I'd still be pissed off regardless of the end result.

To each his own but I would rather be spun out than be a wide receiver clocked by a free safety. If I was a driver I would not like to get nerfed but having a hissy fit and trying to take out the car you think is responsible is undisciplined and foolish. Often times these sorts of payback end up collecting innocent participants which really sucks.

You sure are all about stories. At least I can stick with facts with my driver. :cool:
Facts? Okay how about This fact..Joey.. Who happens to be one of the best at restarts... was in the top 5 before the jack thing.. Likely would have restarted 4th and could very well have passed Harvick... but no why would I think that? Its impossible right?:rolleyes:

Facts? Okay how about This fact..Joey.. Who happens to be one of the best at restarts... was in the top 5 before the jack thing.. Likely would have restarted 4th and could very well have passed Harvick... but no why would I think that? Its impossible right?:rolleyes:
You sound like a Jeff Gordon fan reliving the what ifs of 2007.

Welcome aboard. If you look to the left there is a drying rack for your ears.

Lmao. Yep, you called it.
Wow... Lmao u guys r too serious... Do u never joke around with ur buddies about stuff like that? Jesus. Yeah.. Guess u must be right.. Someone has to come up with some sort of voice tone recognition for text because a sarcastic remark is WW3,around here if someone doesn't read it right lmao

Like it matters either way right? Lmao its almost a waste of time to even talk around here BC some jackass always has to start **** over nothing. That or 5

Wow... Lmao u guys r too serious... Do u never joke around with ur buddies about stuff like that? Jesus. Yeah.. Guess u must be right.. Someone has to come up with some sort of voice tone recognition for text because a sarcastic remark is WW3,around here if someone doesn't read it right lmao
Thats why
:sarcasm:
was created
:)

Or the fact that he wasn't even on Par with Harvick all night, but hey I like to day dream too. Good luck this season Slim.

Or the fact that he wasn't even on Par with Harvick all night, but hey I like to day dream too. Good luck this season Slim.
Men.. I know that... But like I said the beat car don't always win... Not like it matters and I still don't get why anyone cares about me joking if the jack didn't break he would have won but really... He could have moved harcick and changed everything... Not like it would have happened... But like I said earlier up until the Jack thing I was still optimistic at the time.

Did u even read any of the conversation leading up to that or just close ur eyes and scroll and point at a random post and decide to start sh!t?

yeah I read it. Slim if I didn't keep you in check who would? Oh right seems like rest of the forum. It never gets old. Should be a fun season.

Ahaha okay Jr... And who r u referring to....yourself?
Just speaking from experience. Its best to accept that Joey got beat out right in the race that mattered & got snuffed by a wack points system & move on. He's not the 1st thats happened to & he wont be the last. No need to take offense.

Honestly... U people are being borderline pathetic here... I cracked a joke saying if the jack didn't break Harvick wouldn't have won... Even put a lil winky thing to show the joking manner of it and all of a sudden I'm some moron who knows nothing lmao get a grip and stop taking yourselves so seriously. Relax.. Its a sport...not real life lol

Just speaking from experience. Its best to accept that Joey got beat out right in the race that mattered & got snuffed by a wack points system & move on. He's not the 1st thats happened to & he wont be the last. No need to take offense.
I'm not taking offense and I have done that... I'm over it lol **** happens... That doesn't mean I can't joke around with a harvick fan saying "ur lucky the jack broke" .. I mean seriously... Come on

Honestly... U people are being borderline pathetic here... I cracked a joke saying if the jack didn't break Harvick wouldn't have won... Even put a lil winky thing to show the joking manner of it and all of a sudden I'm some moron who knows nothing lmao get a grip and stop taking yourselves so seriously. Relax.. Its a sport...not real life lol

It is okay Slim. You are (mostly) among friends. You can let it out. Let out the pain. We are here to help.

I'm not taking offense and I have done that... I'm over it lol sh!t happens... That doesn't mean I can't joke around with a harvick fan saying "ur lucky the jack broke" .. I mean seriously... Come on
You keep saying that youre joking around & then call posters here pathetic. You pride yourself on being obnoxious, youve told us that before.
I am abrasive, annoying, loud and somewhat obnoxious... and damn proud of it
Youre succeeding & not a single member here enjoys it.

Im out.

U guys r weird lol... And mostly incorrect but whatever... Think what u want... And chex.... I'm saying its pathetic that this conversation is even happening over some stupid crack I made... It really is... How can u not see that? Lol

I'm not even trying to be obnoxious... Been over that for a wike since I started talking to normal ppl else where and realized how messed up some of the ppl here really r... Including myselfmyself at times lol

I just find it stupid we've been talking NASCAR together for about 3 years now and can't even joke around with each other without getting stupid.

Race was good, but I'm amazed Matt just pulled away from the field, seems last lap passes at plate tracks are harder with these cars?

Back
Top Bottom