Unlimited Race Thread

I would guess that just the NHL and NFL play a total of 1400-1500 games a year or so and are both full contact sports. I watch many of those games and do not see after game BS as often as I see it in Nascar.
That's because hockey players fight during the contest...not after. they handle it right then and there.

Reactions: Pat
This is purely my opinion and no reflection of driving skill. I have met Harvick and as I suspected he is an arrogant ******* who feels entitled. I have not met JLo but my opinion is that he overreacts to certain situations in order not to be seen as a pushover.

I have met them both and I completely agree with your feelings about Harvick and Joey too for that matter, no doubt that Joey has reached the stage where he does demand some respect from the other drivers. I think Harvick is a bit disturbed that Joey has the stones to mix it with him on the track, the other drivers are supposed to fear Harv and avoid any possible confrontation with him, I like what I see in Joey, he holds his own

That's because hockey players fight during the contest...not after. they handle it right then and there.

There are very few fights in hockey anymore as most teams have no enforcers on their rosters and instead employ skill players. Even if there is a fight the player/team is penalized on the spot with the potential for supplemental discipline. Even if you want to forget about hockey you often see NFL players from opposing teams praying together after a game which seems like a better choice to me than the sillyassed posing Nascar drivers get into.

I totally understand how a driver could be pissed after certain situations but acting like an idiot during or after the race is pointless.

I have met them both and I completely agree with your feelings about Harvick and Joey too for that matter, no doubt that Joey has reached the stage where he does demand some respect from the other drivers. I think Harvick is a bit disturbed that Joey has the stones to mix it with him on the track, the other drivers are supposed to fear Harv and avoid any possible confrontation with him, I like what I see in Joey, he holds his own

I think both men are good drivers and I think in this instance Harvick had a right to be upset. For some reason today's drivers think that bumping or bump drafting or hitting another driver in and around corners is fine. Same thing with slamming a guy so hard you lift his wheels off the ground. I would have no problem with a pro like Dale, Bill Elliott. Mark Martin or Terry Labonte bump drafting me. However if I saw Carl Edwards or Brad Keselowski on my bumper I would crap my pants lol.

I don't think Harvick should have been as upset as he was and probably more could have been accomplished if the 2 had spoken about it the next day.

There are very few fights in hockey anymore as most teams have no enforcers on their rosters and instead employ skill players. Even if there is a fight the player/team is penalized on the spot with the potential for supplemental discipline. Even if you want to forget about hockey you often see NFL players from opposing teams praying together after a game which seems like a better choice to me than the sillyassed posing Nascar drivers get into.

I totally understand how a driver could be pissed after certain situations but acting like an idiot during or after the race is pointless.

don't think you have been to many Saturday night local track races, watched A.J Foyt race much in open wheel, or watched many Nascar races.

Reactions: Pat
I think both men are good drivers and I think in this instance Harvick had a right to be upset. For some reason today's drivers think that bumping or bump drafting or hitting another driver in and around corners is fine. Same thing with slamming a guy so hard you lift his wheels off the ground. I would have no problem with a pro like Dale, Bill Elliott. Mark Martin or Terry Labonte bump drafting me. However if I saw Carl Edwards or Brad Keselowski on my bumper I would crap my pants lol.

I don't think Harvick should have been as upset as he was and probably more could have been accomplished if the 2 had spoken about it the next day.

Champion Harvick is always pissed and being a tough ass. I stopped listening or caring about him.

beat 11 other cars. hell of a note.

All part of the game. Will be that way next Sunday too. Most excited about the way Matt pulled down on Truex and left him. Hadn't seen that from my Toyotas....maybe ever.

All part of the game. Will be that way next Sunday too. Most excited about the way Matt pulled down on Truex and left him. Hadn't seen that from my Toyotas....maybe ever.

The 20 appeared to have lots of speed all by itself, or maybe I need new glasses

The 20 appeared to have lots of speed all by itself, or maybe I need new glasses
so did Edwards, his car was a mess on restarts, but after a lap or so he would catch up, don't know if it was the setup, or just slow responses. Just hope they don't get caught up in all the mickey mouse B.S. before the real race. Boyer's bunch lost two cars already including the good one today. Bunch of crap.

so did Edwards, his car was a mess on restarts, but after a lap or so he would catch up, don't know if it was the setup, or just slow responses. Just hope they don't get caught up in all the mickey mouse B.S. before the real race. Boyer's bunch lost two cars already including the good one today. Bunch of crap.

Yep, and Clint did a great job of explainin the situation

bull****, Harvick was faster at Homestead the jack was just the final nail.
Harvick won the last two races and finished second in the third to the last race. Jack broke Joey and the rest for that matter got their tails broke going into the stretch.

You never know.. the fastest car doesn't always win the race.... that's my story and Im stickin to it lol :D

You never know.. the fastest car doesn't always win the race.... that's my story and Im stickin to it lol :D

Sounds more like Joey colored glasses to me. He got high in the loose stuff mid race and dropped back never to match his early race pace.

Dropping the jack was just an exclamation point. Harvick was just faster and better at Homestead and the previous week.

An a 2000 word essay will not change the fact. Btw I do think Harvick as often is the case overreacted last night to a typical RP deal. And that he is perfected being a post race jerk.

I just dont care much for history revision.

I said Harvick overreacted eons ago, but a one trick pony is more interested hearing themselves B.S.ing in fantasy land about woulda and coulda's than looking at what happened objectively. But when called on it they say they were joking or some other lame excuse.

I said Harvick overreacted eons ago, but a one trick pony is more interested hearing themselves B.S.ing in fantasy land about woulda and coulda's than looking at what happened objectively. But when called on it they say they were joking or some other lame excuse.

Blunt but I agree there is a disconnect with reality.

fanatic:
marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion
one who is intensely or excessively devoted to a cause

I know he probably wouldn't have.. But really who knows what would have happened? I know while I watched I was still optimistic until the jack thing.

I know he probably wouldn't have.. But really who knows what would have happened? I know while I watched I was still optimistic until the jack thing.

I am glad Joey has a fan.

don't think you have been to many Saturday night local track races, watched A.J Foyt race much in open wheel, or watched many Nascar races.

I have attended close to 100 NASCAR events, countless Usac races, Cart sanctioned races ice racing and local short tracks in 3 different countries. Regardless what does any of this have to do with my belief that drivers acting like idiots doesn't help anything?

I would also like to point this out ...just because....

Truex confirmed that Logano had been helpful, and fast, during the 75-lap race.

“His car was really strong, he pushed me a lot,” Truex said of Logano. “He’s the only person I’ve seen that could get on somebody’s bumper and actually push them forward. Last year with this package it seemed like when you’d get on somebody’s bumper you’d just slow each other down. He was able to get on my bumper and push me past people, which is kind of unheard of with this package.”

Wander through the pits at Waterford and tell everyone how great jolo is..
Then run like hell!!

'no doubt that Joey has reached the stage where he does demand some respect from the other drivers.''
Really?

'no doubt that Joey has reached the stage where he does demand some respect from the other drivers.''
Really?
Well obviously... or did u see something different the other day? Lol... Joey has clearly proven he belongs, regardless of who likes him or not these drivers know he's going to run up front and he's earned some respect no doubt. You don't win 5 races, have a shot at a championship, do better than anyone in the chase and get top 5 in laps lead, top 5's, top 10's and average running position, starting and finishing position in a year without earning some respect... they don't have to like him.. but to not respect what he can do on the track would be stupid. Granted he may not be among the elite at RP races... he's definitely among them overall. Regardless of what some people's opinions may be... this is fact.

Well obviously... or did u see something different the other day? Lol... Joey has clearly proven he belongs, regardless of who likes him or not these drivers know he's going to run up front and he's earned some respect no doubt. You don't win 5 races, have a shot at a championship, do better than anyone in the chase and get top 5 in laps lead, top 5's, top 10's and average running position, starting and finishing position in a year without earning some respect... they don't have to like him.. but to not respect what he can do on the track would be stupid. Granted he may not be among the elite at RP races... he's definitely among them overall. Regardless of what some people's opinions may be... this is fact.

Only the drivers can say who does and does not have respect but I don't see why JLo would be dissed. From what I have seen he isn't a whiner like Jeff Gordon or Harvick, has some intelligence unlike his teammate and is not prone to psychotic episodes as Tony and the Busch boys have demonstrated over the years.

Discussing Nascar drivers is like the justice system in that it is more important to defend your guy or crucify the other guy then it is about getting to truth. I never understood it.

Only the drivers can say who does and does not have respect but I don't see why JLo would be dissed. From what I have seen he isn't a whiner like Jeff Gordon or Harvick, has some intelligence unlike his teammate and is not prone to psychotic episodes as Tony and the Busch boys have demonstrated over the years.

Discussing Nascar drivers is like the justice system in that it is more important to defend your guy or crucify the other guy then it is about getting to truth. I never understood it.
I guess that's true... I mean more so that I don't see a reason that they would have to not at least respect what he can or has been able to do on the track whether they like him or not.

I guess that's true... I mean more so that I don't see a reason that they would have to not at least respect what he can or has been able to do on the track whether they like him or not.

I think it is easy to sit back and play armchair quarterback when we can go back and review on track incidents frame by frame or in super slow mo. When you are racing in close quarters at a high rate of speed and you have a spotter in your ear and cars all around stuff is bound to happen and you can't always make the correct decision. The only driver I think that suffers from a lack of respect is BKez as he drives like Ernie Irvan before he calmed down. At least Ernie was man enough to get up in front of a drivers meeting and admit is mistakes.

wat?

Wander through the pits at Waterford and tell everyone how great jolo is..
Then run like hell!!

Really?

Thats the way I see it YMMV

Back
Top Bottom