Updated 2020 Schedule Thru June 21

Even if seating had been available for Darlington or Charlotte, I wouldn't have seriously considered attending. I'm already paying for Roval tickets but I'll see how things stand when that rolls around. I've eaten tickets before for reasons less substantial than risking my life.

It’s not confirmed yet but a plan for military personnel and maybe a few hundred ticket holders to attend Miami is in the works.

I never understood why there is an All-Star race in NASCAR.
An All-Star game (race) is supposed to have the very best players in a league compete in one game, but NASCAR has that every weekend.
It's like a normal Cup race, just with more gimmicks but no points and no Rick Ware cars.
I’ve been asking that question for years. If NASCAR wants to give SMI’s flagship track an exhibition race to keep it even with Daytona, fine. Just call it something else, please.

I'm seriously thinking about going to the All-Star race just to get my fix since the 600 had no fans this year. They should be allowing fans by then, at least on a limited basis.

I'm accountable, so @Mispeedway15, I was wrong. You were right to the extent that an extremely limited number of fans will be selected to attend the Homestead race then Talladega.

Yeah I’m kinda shocked to be honest. I think my perspective is skewed given that SC and it’s citizens don’t give a damn about this virus.

I understand the right to protest but it does shock me how staunch things are for attending sporting events yet protests are fully allowed. I don’t think temp checks, masks and spaced out fans are an overreach for allowing people on site

ISC/NASCAR track basically boils it down to Homestead or Daytona. You hate to see The Glen lose a race, I think it’s the best road course of the three in the Cup Series, but seeing a points-paying race on the Daytona course would be cool. Plenty of room to open up for fans like they’re doing this weekend too.

ISC/NASCAR track basically boils it down to Homestead or Daytona. You hate to see The Glen lose a race, I think it’s the best road course of the three in the Cup Series, but seeing a points-paying race on the Daytona course would be cool. Plenty of room to open up for fans like they’re doing this weekend too.
It is what it is.

I'm not mad at Cuomo and company if they don't feel ready for this. Now if they grant the same to the NFL, something might be said.

I think it’s Daytona because it’s being used this weekend and will be ready to go for the Watkins Glen date. I don’t know what Homestead’s roval is currently or if it’s being used

I think it’s Daytona because it’s being used this weekend and will be ready to go for the Watkins Glen date. I don’t know what Homestead’s roval is currently or if it’s being used
Hasn’t been used in a while for sports cars, not since the Grand-Am era. Indy Lights runs a variant of the Homestead roval for preseason testing so there’s still some degree of maintenance going on.

Daytona obviously would be preferable.

Florida is Corona, USA right now but I thought DIS did a good job with the policies and procedures in place for IMSA Saturday night.

Florida is Corona, USA right now but I thought DIS did a good job with the policies and procedures in place for IMSA Saturday night.
I think there are still 2 or 3 vacant ICU beds in one of DeSantis' backwater hospitals so yeah ... let's GO!!!

I think there are still 2 or 3 vacant ICU beds in one of DeSantis' backwater hospitals so yeah ... let's GO!!!
We’ve been doing a terrible job, you know I think that. We’re at something like 40+ hospitals in 20+ counties maxed out on ICU capacity. But the track criteria here basically boils it down to Daytona or Homestead. They could let in fans on a limited basis again given the sheer area of the venue and the policies in place; even if they didn’t they could pull off the same TV-only get-in, get-out race days they’ve been doing for two months now.

I can't wait for the Daytona road course race. I don't know if they ever raced cup cars on that course or not, but if this IROC race is any indication, it's going to be a good one.

Hopefully they send Xfinity too since they were going to the Glen also. With CTMP not likely for the Trucks I wonder how they’ll address that. Maybe make Daytona roval the playoff opener before Gateway.

Sunset in Dover in late August is before 8... hope they shortened that race or one red flag or delayed start for rain may cause a darkness shortened race or postponement.

DAYTONA ROAD COURSE

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom