USA Today is Trash

I would just keep watching and maybe it will become apparent to you and if not that is cool too. In years past when there were rivalries how did they manifest themselves on and off the track on a weekly basis?
No please tell me bro.. maybe I'm missing something man, I just been watching for a year and half now.. only thing i see is Larson battling truex a lot and truex complaining about Larson racing him to hard lol..

No please tell me bro.. maybe I'm missing something man, I just been watching for a year and half now.. only thing i see is Larson battling truex a lot and truex complaining about Larson racing him to hard lol..

I wish I could explain what I see between drivers like BKez and Kyle, JLo and Kyle, Blaney and Elliott, and Jones and Suarez but I think I would be spitting into the wind. Look harder!!!

I wish I could explain what I see between drivers like BKez and Kyle, JLo and Kyle, Blaney and Elliott, and Jones and Suarez but I think I would be spitting into the wind. Look harder!!!
Dang blaney and Elliot really?? Maybe u do need to look harder then.. ok let me ask you this.. what is it between Elliot and blaney so I can look for it

Dang blaney and Elliot really?? Maybe u do need to look harder then.. ok let me ask you this.. what is it between Elliot and blaney so I can look for it

They both compete for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

Goodness, what a terrible article.

So Kyle Larson's not a real racer because he's not Dale Earnhardt? Got it. 16 years later and the media is still making the sport revolve around Earnhardt. :rolleyes:

And this is the biggest problem with the sport. Fans are partly to blame too in this tbh. I started watching NASCAR after Senior's death so it didn't affect me too much and I never jumped on the Junior train. Somehow, the sport needs to move past the Earnhardt's and the sooner the better.

And this is the biggest problem with the sport. Fans are partly to blame too in this tbh. I started watching NASCAR after Senior's death so it didn't affect me too much and I never jumped on the Junior train. Somehow, the sport needs to move past the Earnhardt's and the sooner the better.
So, the sooner we Earnhardt fans are gone the better..... Got it.

Always love the Earnhardt dislike. Been experiencing it for a long, long time. Heck, going on close to forty years now. :cool: But, I do have to say this is the first I read the Earnhardt's have been a detriment to the sport. Kerry, I can understand, but the rest of them? ;)

As long as the fans are willing to put drivers, rivalries and personalities ahead of the racing itself there will always be challenges. When I was attending races in the 80's and 90's one of the worst things that could happen was Dale Earnhardt being unable to complete a race due to an accident or mechanical problem. The reason was that once he was done a stampede of his fans would leave the race track like rats leaving a sinking ship. It happened with other drivers too but not to the extent it did with #3. IMO a lot of people that follow Nascar today are driver fans that think they are race fans too.

So, the sooner we Earnhardt fans are gone the better..... Got it.

Always love the Earnhardt dislike. Been experiencing it for a long, long time. Heck, going on close to forty years now. :cool: But, I do have to say this is the first I read the Earnhardt's have been a detriment to the sport. Kerry, I can understand, but the rest of them? ;)

I knew I would miss Dale when he passed away but I never appreciated the extent to which I would.

one of the worst things that could happen was Dale Earnhardt being unable to complete a race due to an accident or mechanical problem. The reason was that once he was done a stampede of his fans would leave the race track like rats leaving a sinking ship.
Maybe you are looking at that the wrong way. Seems to me that if all Earnhardt fans, minus me, would have gotten up and left..... That would have allowed for a much easier egress from the track than normal. That seems like that would be a great thing as a non Earnhardt fan.

I'll be honest I don't understand what the driving force behind the Lost fan base is maybe it's this maybe it's that. we could speculate about a thousand things. But if you take me for example I pretty much don't care about all the specifics at the end of the day I grew up loving the sport and I will always love the sport as long as it's around.
I get your meaning. Here in Canada there wasn't a lot of coverage and so many of us went to Florida for our winter vacation and the place we went was Daytona, a few even bought their own trailers and left them there until next year. The the big satellites became available and we had Canadian parties. But there were to many shows and it all got watered down. Now I have a race on some Saturdays and the cup races. I find less is more enjoyable. Even the tone on forums is so ridiculous I have to take breaks.
I try not to read any reporters because most of them are just about hype, I don't need hype just give me racing.

As long as the fans are willing to put drivers, rivalries and personalities ahead of the racing itself there will always be challenges. When I was attending races in the 80's and 90's one of the worst things that could happen was Dale Earnhardt being unable to complete a race due to an accident or mechanical problem. The reason was that once he was done a stampede of his fans would leave the race track like rats leaving a sinking ship. It happened with other drivers too but not to the extent it did with #3. IMO a lot of people that follow Nascar today are driver fans that think they are race fans too.
Dude all I'm saying is about personality is loosen up a lil smile some laugh some .. just be yourself.. that's why I like Kyle Busch because he just doesn't care what others think and he not on the track trying to be buddy buddy with the rest of the drivers.. why is this such a bad thing??

Maybe you are looking at that the wrong way. Seems to me that if all Earnhardt fans, minus me, would have gotten up and left..... That would have allowed for a much easier egress from the track than normal. That seems like that would be a great thing as a non Earnhardt fan.

Back in the 80's and early 90's getting in and out of tracks was rarely an issue and it sounds like that is the case for many tracks today. I bet they don't even have to run US 12 in one direction to get people out of MIS.

I have never left a race before the checkered flag. I may have been staged and ready to rock but I never left early and I assume it is the same for you.

Back in the 80's and early 90's getting in and out of tracks was rarely an issue and it sounds like that is the case for many tracks today. I bet they don't even have to run US 12 in one direction to get people out of MIS.

I have never left a race before the checkered flag. I may have been staged and ready to rock but I never left early and I assume it is the same for you.
Yeah, we never leave either.

If we camp at the track, we normally hang out in the stands until well after the race. No need in getting the dreaded 'cooler shower' on the way out. Yeah, I have an RV. Good for me!

When we tailgate, we normally go back to the parking lot after the race and set up the grill and dish/tv combo to take in the afternoon sporting events while we grill dinner. We learned that we never really had the need to rush out of the parking lot.

Dude all I'm saying is about personality is loosen up a lil smile some laugh some .. just be yourself.. that's why I like Kyle Busch because he just doesn't care what others think and he not on the track trying to be buddy buddy with the rest of the drivers.. why is this such a bad thing??

The overwhelming thing for me is how well a driver wheels a car so I can appreciate Kyle Busch's talent behind the wheel but not care for his douchiness. Same thing with a guy like Larson as I like how he drives and the fact he may come off as dull or uninspired to some folks doesn't impact me in any way. I have heard Jimmie Johnson called vanilla and Matt Kenseth boring but when I have heard them speak they come off as decent guys that would make good sons or sons in law.

I don't think the drivers are having fun like they used to. Nascar has gotten too big. There's some serious money on the line and responsibilities that out way all the fun they used to have.

Yeah, we never leave either.

If we camp at the track, we normally hang out in the stands until well after the race. No need in getting the dreaded 'cooler shower' on the way out. Yeah, I have an RV. Good for me!

When we tailgate, we normally go back to the parking lot after the race and set up the grill and dish/tv combo to take in the afternoon sporting events while we grill dinner. We learned that we never really had the need to rush out of the parking lot.

During the boom times we always got out the grille and had a great time as we watched people line up and not move for 2 hours lol. Once things looked like they were clearing out we would get packed up and on the road.

The overwhelming thing for me is how well a driver wheels a car so I can appreciate Kyle Busch's talent behind the wheel but not care for his douchiness. Same thing with a guy like Larson as I like how he drives and the fact he may come off as dull or uninspired to some folks doesn't impact me in any way. I have heard Jimmie Johnson called vanilla and Matt Kenseth boring but when I have heard them speak they come off as decent guys that would make good sons or sons in law.
But u do see what I mean is all I'm saying :)

Back
Top Bottom