Utter poked the bear and messed up

21st Century term for a audio file, usually dedicated to a specific topic, with new content released on a semi-regular basis. Think of it as a radio show you can download and play at your convenience. In fact, some conventional radio shows release their recorded broadcasts as podcasts a couple of days after the original air dates.
My question was sarcasm...

I peeked into the Barstool website. There’s nothing there for me.
I had to Google “Jim Utter.” Never heard of the guy.
I don’t feel like I’ve missed anything significant.
You haven’t. Some of those outraged for the bullying that the Barstool people have done to Utter are some of the biggest bullies on these parts IMO

thread title is cracking me up

tenor.gif

I mean come on these people WENT AFTER BARSTOOL FIRST. You can’t complain about cyber bullying when someone else started the name calling first.
Wasn't Utter's remark something like, "That sounds like a Barstool question"? Is that what qualifies as 'going after someone' these days? No mention of anyone's mother's negotiable affection, no comment on the parents' marital status at the time of birth, no reference to someone's sister and the JV girls' basketball squad. It hardly seems worth all this trouble.

Seems to me they should be thanking him for the publicity. Without his comment, several people here would have never heard of the site. ;)

Last edited:
You haven’t. Some of those outraged for the bullying that the Barstool people have done to Utter are some of the biggest bullies on these parts IMO
Do you mean to refer to people on this forum?

Please clarify rather than using the "some of" broad brush. Speaking for myself, I do dislike bullies. Bigotry and bullying are two traits I'm not interested in tolerating.

I have seen a lot of one-on-one disagreements and arguments here on this board. I've never seen a member build a group of followers who are used to intimidate and humiliate anyone the leader dislikes.

That is what I object to. People can and should have disagreements and go back and forth.

I'm glad some new dudes are watching the 3-4 races Barstool is being paid 7 figures by NASCAR to cover.
I know this was posted a while back but the partnership makes sense for both sides culturally. In their video recaps of their weekends at tracks many young fans (mostly the party in infield types) recognize and get pictures with Dave as he strolls by. Sure NASCAR may be paying Barstool crew people to attend or whatever (no idea of the parameters of their partnership), but Dave seems very interested in learning about the spectacle and attending more races, and theres an untapped audience for them in the form of rowdy young racing fans.

Also Barstool sold for $450 million to Penn National Gaming, so they have the financial freedom to afford to be choosy with what entities they tie themselves to. Barstool's success comes from them understanding their target audience very well, and I think they're a great fit with NASCAR. It won't always be pretty (controversies are almost necessary for their brand, as it makes their fans more passionate/engaged) but Barstool is pretty excellent at grabbing the attention of young people, which clearly helps NASCAR and auto racing at large. I say give it a few years to see where this goes, as they've only stepped up their commitment to the sport in the threeish years they've been involved. So far their NASCAR content has entertained me, as I find northeastern dudes being thrown in the middle of infields very funny.

Also this feud has been kinda fascinating to me. Utter and Portnoy live in completely different worlds and fill opposite roles in media. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it funny seeing both of their radically different uses of social media collide

Barstool's success comes from them understanding their target audience very well, and I think they're a great fit with NASCAR. It won't always be pretty (controversies are almost necessary for their brand, as it makes their fans more passionate/engaged)
I don’t recall anyone addressing the possible issue of whether NASCAR’s collective sponsors want to be associated with a controversial marketing partner. They may feel the audience drawn by Barstool may result in a loss of other customers.

Or not. I’m asking, not predicting.

I don’t recall anyone addressing the possible issue of whether NASCAR’s collective sponsors want to be associated with a controversial marketing partner. They may feel the audience drawn by Barstool may result in a loss of other customers.

Or not. I’m asking, not predicting.
I believe that the group who'd give NASCAR a chance would be those who like the Barstool brand. They may be based out of the Northeast but I believe their fanbase is predominantly young men in middle Ameica. I'm not sure the (mostly ?) coastal people who view them as harmful would ever consider watching NASCAR. This is mostly educated guesses but that's what I understand to be the case.

Seriously who cares? If you think posting memes is the equivalent of attacking of harassing somebody you might have first world problems. Also, Utter as usual brought it upon himself by being a turd. Oh well

I believe that the group who'd give NASCAR a chance would be those who like the Barstool brand. They may be based out of the Northeast but I believe their fanbase is predominantly young men in middle Ameica. I'm not sure the (mostly ?) coastal people who view them as harmful would ever consider watching NASCAR. This is mostly educated guesses but that's what I understand to be the case.
People in middle America and on both coasts were watching NASCAR for decades before Barstool. Those are the people that sponsors may be concerned with losing if their names become associated through NASCAR with the activities Barstool apparently encourages.

Seriously who cares? If you think posting memes is the equivalent of attacking of harassing somebody you might have first world problems. Also, Utter as usual brought it upon himself by being a turd. Oh well
It goes well beyond posting memes.

Do some homework.

It goes well beyond posting memes.

Do some homework.

I quit doing homework when I got my degree. If they feel that threatened they should contact the police. What's most telling to me is not a singer driver has jumped to the defense of Utter.

I quit doing homework when I got my degree. If they feel that threatened they should contact the police. What's most telling to me is not a singer driver has jumped to the defense of Utter.
Had you taken a look beyond the end of your nose, you'd be aware of what I'm referring to.

Why would any sane person, racecar driver or otherwise, want to involve themselves in this trash-slinging exercise? On a more positive note, I'm told the pizza reviews are hilarious.

Had you taken a look beyond the end of your nose, you'd be aware of what I'm referring to.

Why would any sane person, racecar driver or otherwise, want to involve themselves in this trash-slinging exercise? On a more positive note, I'm told the pizza reviews are hilarious.

I have a squidward nose unfortunately, I can’t ;p

I guess you missed my question while you were here liking posts.
I’m really sorry I didn’t answer your questions in a timely manner, I was entertaining clients all day at work and you know had a job I needed to do. Do you feel the need for me to address you personally? Why are you needing to bring my attention to liking posts? I don’t think I’ve posted here all day if that matters

That’s funny I said the same thing. That’s what you do you take cheap shots like that and feel the need to be condescending to those that don’t agree with you. You do it all the time and to me multiple times in the past. To be honest I don’t care for my interactions with you and it’s amusing to me you’re championing this bullying of Utter when you yourself have ganged up on others on here who don’t see things your way or are quick to offer a snide remark to make someone look dumb. It’s a bit hypocritical in my view but go ahead I know you’ll try to make me look stupid in the condescending tone that’s been known to be your MO. I’ll actually be disappointed if you don’t

Last edited:
BOWYER even said its funny and told the story about Utter having Mcdowell's car towed and how he constantly blocks people

I’m really sorry I didn’t answer your questions in a timely manner, I was entertaining clients all day at work and you know had a job I needed to do. Do you feel the need for me to address you personally? Why are you needing to bring my attention to liking posts? I don’t think I’ve posted here all day if that matters
I understand. You’d prefer not to answer the question.

That’s funny I said the same thing. That’s what you do you take cheap shots like that and feel the need to be condescending to those that don’t agree with you. You do it all the time and to me multiple times in the past. To be honest I don’t care for my interactions with you and it’s amusing to me you’re championing this bullying of Utter when you yourself have ganged up on others on here who don’t see things your way or are quick to offer a snide remark to make someone look dumb. It’s a bit hypocritical in my view but go ahead I know you’ll try to make me look stupid in the condescending tone that’s been known to be your MO. I’ll actually be disappointed if you don’t
Answered it here.

Respectfully, you have my point of view regarding Barstool exactly backward. I hope you’re not disappointed by my brief response.

I understand. You’d prefer not to answer the question.

Answered it here.

Respectfully, you have my point of view regarding Barstool exactly backward. I hope you’re not disappointed by my brief response.
None at all, I sincerely hope I got back this time in a timely manner and wanted to remain respectful

None at all, I sincerely hope I got back this time in a timely manner and wanted to remain respectful
You suggested that board bullies, myself included or singled out, are / were as bad as the people hurling nasty personalized body part insults at Utter at the behest of the guy NASCAR has chosen to do its pizza reviews.

You got around to answering. Thanks for that and have a pleasant evening.

What? Can someone explain this story.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom