Vacation stories/pictures thread

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by TexasRaceLady, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

I was very close....it made me a little nervous. I could have done with a hard hat. :D

2. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

I liked this pic leaving the ramp...

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Johali and sdj like this.
  3. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Amazing what you can take from your phone.

4. Brentford

Brentford Team Owner

Phones have turned into great cameras. Most of the pictures from my last trip were taken with my phone because it's just easier.

Clutch likes this.
  5. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

I'm actually scared to upgrade my Samsung 7 edge because I love the camera so much.

6. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Rarotonga, Cook Islands.
    Heading back home tomoro.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

@Clutch Beeeyouteeful!

Looks like that coconut palm is hanging on for dear life. What a grand location.

Clutch and BobbyFord like this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

Took a drive a couple of days ago before work. Gloomy, wet day.

[​IMG][​IMG]

sdj, 2 Sweet, BobbyFord and 2 others like this.
  9. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

It's still beautiful though bud.

10. Clutch

Clutch Team Owner

It's pretty in the native bush.

Nikau.jpg

11. Whizzer

Whizzer Retired entrepreneur

Beautiful photos, Clutch. Trying to talk my Bride into visiting your country. So far, not much luck but like the ad for the New York State pottery used to go, "HEY! You never know!"

Clutch likes this.
  12. muggle not

muggle not Team Owner

WOW, outstanding photos. You are fortunate.

Clutch likes this.
  13. Johali

The route for this summers vacation. 8,000 miles round trip pulling the Beast. A month long with a 2 or 3 day stay at locations E through O. The rest we've already seen or done everything that's interesting to us so it's only one night. I just bought our Sonoma Race tickets and already have reservations for every stop but one and it only has a 4 month reservation window. Which sucks because the rest have a year or six month window.

upload_2019-1-22_14-5-49.png

2 Sweet and sdj like this.
  14. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Be sure and spend some time in the Sequoia National Forest in Ca.

Johali likes this.
  15. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

I saw where you are going up the PCH, make sure to visit, http://avenueofthegiants.net/ , North of SF and Sonoma. It is a humongous old growth Red Wood Forest.

We have been all the way up the PCH from SF to Oregon boarder, it was a great adventure.

Johali likes this.
  16. Johali

Thanks bud. We're staying two full day's at the Island Park NP Campground. That should give us enough time to cover Sequoia NP, Kings Canyon and everything in between.I appreciate the suggestions since researching online is sometimes hit and miss.

17. Johali

We're also spending two full day's at the Village Camper Inn in Crescent City. Then down the PCH to Napa for the race and two day's extra to roam around the area. We'll make sure to go through there. I appreciate the tip.

18. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

If you are going all the way into Kings Canyon plan a full day, maybe you will see Kings River during snow melt, that in and of itself is pretty spectacular. Kings Canyon is the deepest glacier cut canyon in the USA. We spent a lot of time in the Sierra Mountains there when I worked in Cali for 6 years.

Johali likes this.