Video Game thread

Yes you do have to be online.

Its like Netflix. But instead of streaming movies you'd be streaming a video game.

Being online via the ps4 is actually free. Its the sucriptions that are not.

You can still browse online through it, use the free apps and so on.
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

I fear the Wii U is dead in the water, and I have a strong feeling that the PS4 is going to "win" this gen, but I just can't justify the expense until more games come out. Same with the U, really. If they did a port of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on the U, I would definitely go out and buy one. I know Tekken Tag 2 is also on the U, and that's a really good game too.

Heck, I half want to get a PS3 just for the FFX/X-2 remaster and The Last of Us, but I know that's a horrible idea.

I fear the Wii U is dead in the water, and I have a strong feeling that the PS4 is going to "win" this gen, but I just can't justify the expense until more games come out. Same with the U, really. If they did a port of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on the U, I would definitely go out and buy one. I know Tekken Tag 2 is also on the U, and that's a really good game too.

Heck, I half want to get a PS3 just for the FFX/X-2 remaster and The Last of Us, but I know that's a horrible idea.

Oh the PS4 is already in the lead and keeps pulling away.

Microsft shot themselves in the foot by announcing the no used games policy and all their ****** way of doing business. That hefty price tag didn't help along with their backtracking.

The Wii U has no chance when it comes to competing against the two giants but its something to get in the meantime.

The thing with Nintendo is that they dont consistently make great games. They make one good game every few years and that's just bad.

I think that by the end of this year both the PS4 and Xbox 1 will have enough good games to solidify themselves.

Personally I cant wait for for Watch Dog and Metal Gear Solid 5.

tumblr_n3rwrfG58U1qmzsn0o1_1280.jpg

Gonna get again.

The other day, I again realized how realistic Dirt to Daytona is. I basically led the first 45 of 50 laps at Texas, had a two second lead...then a caution came out for some reason. I finished 4th. :(

The other day, I again realized how realistic Dirt to Daytona is. I basically led the first 45 of 50 laps at Texas, had a two second lead...then a caution came out for some reason. I finished 4th. :(

That game, for better and worse, will likely always be the most realistic NASCAR game on a console system. No telling how much time I put into it, and never a dull moment.

Oh man, no way.

I dont see myself playing any handheld devices. I've never really liked them.

Had a PSP and sold it pretty much brand new when it first came out.

Only reason I say that is because some N64 games were re-released for the DS.

PS4 already won. It is just too far a head for the Xbox to catch it. Two things that Xbox360 had going for it last generation the PS4 has caught up or surpassed. Last generation Xbox was the online gaming machine. Now Playstation has caught up to it and in some ways passed it by. The 360 was a lot easier to dev for then the PS3, and now all the devs rave about how great the PS4 is while they complain about what the Xbone is lacking.

as Reck had stated earlier The Last of Us will be release for the PS4, plus it is heavily rumored GTAV will be as well. Also I am almost certain FFX/X-2 will be part of Playstation Now, so I'd just go a head and get the PS4. Plus games out for the PS4 already are must play titles like Infamous.

I wish Codemasters would bring me another DiRT game... Not like showdown though. God no.

I'd say Codemasters should make a NASCAR game.. I'm pretty sure the cars would just drift all over the place though..

I wish Codemasters would bring me another DiRT game... Not like showdown though. God no.

I'd say Codemasters should make a NASCAR game.. I'm pretty sure the cars would just drift all over the place though..
Codemasters made F1 2013. Maybe the most realistic racing sim I've ever played.

True. They know how to make a racing game.. But sometimes they are just super "arcadey" with their releases. I expected Grid 2 to be like their F1 games and it was VERY arcade.

That said, if they spent a year of research on the sport I bet their game would be 10x better than eutechnyx.

I have F1 2011, what makes 2013 the best? I was thinking about getting it but I didn't want to purchase it just to gain COTA and roster/car updates.

Just found this vid... Has me a lot more excited about the new game.

I dont trust Codemasters all that much after their ****k up with F1 2013 game.

They ****edd up the sku numbers for the US release of the game and never even fixed that issue. The only way you can get that game here is by buying it digitally.

I was actually thinking of buying it but that really turned me off. I liked that they have a classic mode with the old cars and some tracks.

True. They know how to make a racing game.. But sometimes they are just super "arcadey" with their releases. I expected Grid 2 to be like their F1 games and it was VERY arcade.

That said, if they spent a year of research on the sport I bet their game would be 10x better than eutechnyx.

I have F1 2011, what makes 2013 the best? I was thinking about getting it but I didn't want to purchase it just to gain COTA and roster/car updates.
I never played GRID 2 but I did play the original GRID and was pretty pleased with that. I don't know how it compares to the sequel though.

F1 2013 is the only one in that series that I've played, but the tire wear/strategy, fuel mix/consumption, and physics engine are incredibly realistic; you can easily feel adjustments like different brake biases, classic cars drive differently than 2013 cars, it's just really impressive. I suck pretty badly though - just can't get used to the downforce levels and sensitive steering inputs they have after playing so many NASCAR- and GT-style games.

If anyone wants to take over for Eutechnyx it should be them.

I dont trust Codemasters all that much after their ****k up with F1 2013 game.

They ****edd up the sku numbers for the US release of the game and never even fixed that issue. The only way you can get that game here is by buying it digitally.

I was actually thinking of buying it but that really turned me off. I liked that they have a classic mode with the old cars and some tracks.
I thought they were going to physically release it in the US later in the winter but I didn't know about that. I bought it from the PSN store about as soon as it was available.

I never played GRID 2 but I did play the original GRID and was pretty pleased with that. I don't know how it compares to the sequel though.

F1 2013 is the only one in that series that I've played, but the tire wear/strategy, fuel mix/consumption, and physics engine are incredibly realistic; you can easily feel adjustments like different brake biases, classic cars drive differently than 2013 cars, it's just really impressive. I suck pretty badly though - just can't get used to the downforce levels and sensitive steering inputs they have after playing so many NASCAR- and GT-style games.

If anyone wants to take over for Eutechnyx it should be them.

Grid>Grid 2... It sounds similar to 2011 but there aren't classic cars or circuits.. That's awesome!

I don't plan on getting a ps4 for like... Years. That sucks. Grid 3 is probably gonna be on that platform too.

I don't plan on getting a ps4 for like... Years. That sucks. Grid 3 is probably gonna be on that platform too.

f#ck Grid 3. Project Cars is where it is at. For all those that said a community racing series couldn't work on a console can suck it. iRacing is going to miss out when Project Cars gets a jump on them.

Jeffrey you're only about six months late with Project Cars.

Been talking about that game for quite some time now. :D

I was looking forward to DriveClub but they kept delaying and delaying that game now I dont even want to hear about that game. Zero respect for it.

I'll get Grid 3 while Project Cars gets here.

I was looking forward to DriveClub but they kept delaying and delaying that game now I dont even want to hear about that game. Zero respect for it.

I can't wait for Project Cars. I always wanted a sim racing game on the PS4. Could you imagine all the leagues streaming their races?

Today was the first I've heard of it..

GRID Autosport is going to be on PS3 man.

I can't justify getting a PS4 for just a game or two either. Going to be a long while before that ever happens for me. Sucks, because if Project CARS has physics as good as the graphics, car variety, and track variety, it's going to be sick.

Damn if only I had saw that post. I hadn't seen any video until today on reddit. I literally can't wait. Talk is a November release? Going to start pricing a rig. Anyone know of a decent rig that won't crater my wallet?

Then that means you get to wait a less period of time. :(

Found out about this game last year when they compared the graphics to Gran Turismo 6.

This game is going to be ****** huge. Cant wait.

As long as it releases THIS year I'll be fine. I just dont want to keep waiting forever.

Cant help you on setting up a rig or even have a clue of how much it will run you. Not my area. lol

But I cant see it running you more than maybe 500-600? Probably even less depending on if you only want to game on it.

You can wait for the Steambox to hit the market. Its basically a computer stripped of all its other functions. That will be 500 bucks.

Then that means you get to wait a less period of time. :(

Found out about this game last year when they compared the graphics to Gran Turismo 6.

This game is going to be ******* huge. Cant wait.

As long as it releases THIS year I'll be fine. I just dont want to keep waiting forever.

Cant help you on setting up a rig or even have a clue of how much it will run you. Not my area. lol

But I cant see it running you more than maybe 500-600? Probably even less depending on if you only want to game on it.

You can wait for the Steambox to hit the market. Its basically a computer stripped of all its other functions. That will be 500 bucks.

Yeah think I am just going to get me a decent wheel and build my own stand.

As for a steam box, I will just stick to my PS4. I have no plans of joining the PC Master Race! Lol

Back
Top Bottom