Video Game thread

Have you played it yet?

I'm probably going to wait and buy it when all episodes are out. I'm not one to wait a month or two to play a single chapter.
Yep. It's definitely worth a purchase. It's just like the last game, except you don't rewind time. They got around that by introducing a new "backtalk" mechanic that is more suited to Chloe's character. I preordered it and got a few bonus outfits, including Chloe's outfit from the last game, and apparently an extra chapter where you get to play as a younger Max. I'm guessing that will come at the end of the game.

I waited for all of the episodes to come out last time, but I think I'm just going to play them as they get released this time. I already finished the first episode.

Just picked up Everybody's Golf. I was just looking for a nice, relaxing game to play, and this one fits the bill perfectly. I had no expectations when I bought it, and it may not look like much in the preview, but it's so addicting, and so much fun. I love it.

@Mr. Gregory Check out Dreamfall Chapters.

Beautiful game. Its an episodic game. Has a nice, deep story.

Been wanting to play that game for a long time. Was on sale for 15 bucks on the Playstation store the other day so I bought it.

Apparently its similar to Life is Strange.

@Mr. Gregory Check out Dreamfall Chapters.

Beautiful game. Its an episodic game. Has a nice, deep story.

Been wanting to play that game for a long time. Was on sale for 15 bucks on the Playstation store the other day so I bought it.

Apparently its similar to Life is Strange.

I'll have to check it out if I can ever tear myself away from Everybody's Golf. Ha ha.

Anyone grabbing Project CARS 2 today?

****, that comes out today?

I wasn't gonna get it because I was going to hold out for GT Sports but that game seems like it will focus more on multiplayer.

Thanks for reminding me. I may get this. Will you?

I like some of the screen shots I saw. They overhauled the stats and progress page.

home_orig.jpg

affinity_orig.jpg

They even have Indycars. Holy **** this got me excited.

Untitled.jpg

sh!t, that comes out today?

I wasn't gonna get it because I was going to hold out for GT Sports but that game seems like it will focus more on multiplayer.

I like some of the screen shots I saw. They overhauled the stats and progress page.

home_orig.jpg

affinity_orig.jpg

They even have Indycars. Holy sh!t this got me excited.

View attachment 29380
I went out and grabbed it after work today. Haven't gamed in months but I've been really jonesing for this one. I pitched my wheel when moving a couple of months ago but I needed a new one anyways; won't have the full experience for a while but it looked too good to keep my hands off of for now.

sh!t, that comes out today?

home_orig.jpg

affinity_orig.jpg

They even have Indycars. Holy sh!t this got me excited.

View attachment 29380
Looks really nice, I might have to get it

I went out and grabbed it after work today. Haven't gamed in months but I've been really jonesing for this one. I pitched my wheel when moving a couple of months ago but I needed a new one anyways; won't have the full experience for a while but it looked too good to keep my hands off of for now.

Let me know how you like it.

And if the game has mid race saves. The first game was missing that feature. And it expected you to play 24 hour race events without it. LOL

P. Cars 2 is getting nothing but 9 and 10s from reviewers. I'm gonna hafta get it now.

It was not in the cards. NBA2K18 might have to be pushed for another time.

Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer dropped today

An Assasin's Creed game I am likely to get at last. It looks promising. The whole egyptian thing has me intrigued.

Epic. I was probably gonna aim to buy this anyways. Now I kinda have to.

LOL.

I am due myself. Haven't bought one of these game since the 09 version. I thought about buying their latest since that one has a retro mode but kind of forgot about it.

Anyone grabbing Project CARS 2 today?
I just bought it on a whim. For the preview, they throw you in that McLaren and put you at Long Beach, a track that I'm not familiar with in games, and I was like

giphy.gif

Once the game finished downloading, I hopped into the Porsche 911 GT3 R and went to Watkins Glen, and I was like

giphy.gif

Got F1 2017 and boy oh boy is it a step up. It'll take me a bit to adjust but I am all over the track, different handling for sure. Graphics are very realistic though

Got F1 2017 and boy oh boy is it a step up. It'll take me a bit to adjust but I am all over the track, different handling for sure. Graphics are very realistic though
I haven't played that for a while. I messed with the classic cars for a bit and then moved on to other games. I doubt I'll go back to it.

I actually haven't been playing racing games at all lately. I don't even know what made me buy Project Cars 2, but we'll see how that goes. I like it so far.

Looking to pick up Dirt 4 or Pcars2 as a christmas gift to myself - which one is more worth it.

Will be playing with controller, not a wheel and pedal setup.

Project Cars is pretty damn difficult however

Simply pick "Amateur" and then tinker with the AI diffulty slider.

You're probably picking "Pro" which turns everything off automatically. It is really not reccomended to use that setting without a wheel.

I found my happy medium at Amateur with an AI diffulty setting at around 75%.

I mainly drove GT Class 4 and never won a race by more than 20 seconds (That's including teh endurance races which ran anywhere from 4 hours to 24.)

I'd like to see a remake of Dirt 2. That's still one of my favorite games of all time. I just loved the tracks, the cars, the physics, just a fun game. I usually play Dirt Rally when I wanna see how bad of a rally racer I would be haha.

I'm doing better now. Finished second in a 20 lap GT4 race using the Mustang at the Daytona Roval.

Pretty demanding game however, have to be absolutely spot on with your shifts and braking or it'll just kill ya. Fun as heck tho

So the good news, GT Sport will be getting a offline career mode-ish , the update drops next month sometime, so that looking forward to that.

Ive been wanting to get PC2, and depending on the update for GTS, may make that happen sooner.

So the good news, GT Sport will be getting a offline career mode-ish , the update drops next month sometime, so that looking forward to that.

Ive been wanting to get PC2, and depending on the update for GTS, may make that happen sooner.
Yeah, I was debating getting Gran Turismo Sport until I heard that it was pretty much an always online game. Now that I have Project Cars 2 to mess around with, I doubt I'll get it.

They recently pushed out update 4.0 for Project Cars 2. Some people are experiencing crashes whenever they go to start a race. It seems to be affecting the online play more than anything. Thankfully, I play offline, so I haven't had any issues. They tweaked the handling and A.I. a bit and added a new counter steering assist for pad users like myself, to make slides more controllable. (It can, of course, be turned off.) The result is that the game is now even more fun than it already was. That counter steering assist makes Rallycross in particular super enjoyable, and honestly, a lot easier. I love it.

I've bought a few new games recently. I got BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Madden 18, NBA Live 18, and last night I bought the official Supercross game that just came out. All of them are extremely fun so far. I never got into BlazBlue in the past, but the gameplay in Central Fiction feels a lot more fluid than it did in the last game. I bought Madden and NBA Live on a whim. I don't follow football (or basketball anymore), but I'm enjoying the experience so far. NBA Live 18 has the WNBA players/teams, which was the selling point for me over 2K18, and they're really fun to use. The Supercross game feels a lot like Reflex. The load times are atrocious, but once you get into the game, it's a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom