Video Game thread

My dream Nascar game. One that starts in like 1990 and you race all the way to current day. The cars, drivers and tracks would change in the game as they did in real life.

My dream Nascar game. One that starts in like 1990 and you race all the way to current day. The cars, drivers and tracks would change in the game as they did in real life.

With DLCs that's very possible.

The NBA2K games do this.

They already announced this year's All Star game arena to match the real one.

Pretty neat stuff.

Now the question is, will they do it for a game like NASCAR? Eutechnyx seems like a lazy company to me so I'm incline say they wont.

Yay, now I have a place to post all my iRacing videos! :p

No, but I play WWE 2007. :)

The 13 game has it's good and bad things. Getting to play the Attitude Era matches is a lot of fun. However, I still can't make any sense of the Universe mode. Plus if you just watch matches, the guys/girls have a glitch where they just do the same move over and over and the match never ends.

I've never played WWE 13, but this video made it look funny and amusing.

Smackdown 2: Know your Role was simply the best wrestling game ever.

I put endless hours on that game.

At the very least I would like to see a Classic mode in a NASCAR game. F1 2013 has a mode like that with about a dozen classic drivers and four classic tracks. They even made it so that the infographics on the screen look as they did decades ago and the cars handle differently from the modern ones.

If they could get some cars/drivers like Petty's Plymouth, Pearson's Torino, and so on in a game with old tracks like North Wilkesboro I would almost have to buy.

The 13 game has it's good and bad things. Getting to play the Attitude Era matches is a lot of fun. However, I still can't make any sense of the Universe mode. Plus if you just watch matches, the guys/girls have a glitch where they just do the same move over and over and the match never ends.
I never got WWE 13 but I'm contemplating getting WWE 2K14, mainly because of AJ and the fact that you can now swap between tag team partners during a match.

The last WWE game I really liked was Smackdown vs. Raw 2010. I loved using the Divas on that one - Maryse was my favorite. I miss seeing her on my TV. :(

The only reason I'm kind of staying away from 2K14 is that I already preordered the new Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns game, and that will have my complete and undivided attention once I get it.

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns game, and that will have my complete and undivided attention once I get it.

Love watching FF for their cutscenes. Its like a movie.

Gameplay, not so much.

Love watching FF for their cutscenes. Its like a movie.

Gameplay, not so much.
Yeah, I'm generally not into FF games or RPGs for that matter. The only FF I have played besides the XIII series is X-2, and I really liked the characters in that one (especially Yuna :wub:) but I just wasn't dedicated enough to finish it. I was one of those that loved XIII precisely because it played more like an action RPG than a traditional FF game, which is why most of the FF purists hated it.

If I had a PS3 I would definitely have picked up the X/X-2 HD Remaster.

I usually play iRacing.com, and MMOs like The Secret World and Minecraft.

My dream NASCAR game would include whats been mentioned already, all of the minor nascar series, every track ever raced on. Plus I would really want a track editor, I've always had an idea for a track with reverse banking and need a way to see if it obeys the laws of physics.

I usually play iRacing.com, and MMOs like The Secret World and Minecraft.

What makes minecraft so good? I always see that reccomended to me in youtube. I cant get pass the big pixelated characters.

Project CARS is really shaping up into a very nice looking game that already challenges the best Forza 5 or Assetto Corsa can muster, and since it’s still in development, the only way for it to go is up. The latest trailer builds on that and shows us a wider variety of cars than we had previously seen.
Currently in an early-beta (or late-alpha) stage, Project CARS’ developers, Slightlymad Studios need to make sure the physics are up to scratch, because no matter how pretty a game is, if it’s a racing game, the precision of the controls and the behavior of the car will be what breaks it.

And it’s not like Slightlymad haven’t screwed up before – they have. Need for Speed Shift and Shift 2 were two very attractive looking games with a decently varied vehicle roster, deep(-ish) car modification engine that even allowed for motor swaps, many tracks and an overall polished feel. However, the controls were dreadful unless you used a wheel; the mark of a good racing game control method is for it to work well and be playable/enjoyable with the keyboard arrow keys alone.

If it fails that test, then you know it will all be a laggy steering mess that will hold you back and seriously detract from the driving experience (like the two Shift games). Let’s hope they don’t make the same mistake twice three times and during the testing phase only use controllers for the PC and play that way – hire proper quality assurance testers that do a thorough job.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/03/project-cars-trailer-promises-digital.html

Oh yeah, come to papa.

What makes minecraft so good? I always see that reccomended to me in youtube. I cant get pass the big pixelated characters.

Well I'll agree that in Single Player, Minecraft can get boring after awhile, that's why you find a good Multiplayer server, or start one with your friends. Minecraft is kinda like lego blocks for adults who are PC/XBox Gamers.

Well I'll agree that in Single Player, Minecraft can get boring after awhile, that's why you find a good Multiplayer server, or start one with your friends. Minecraft is kinda like lego blocks for adults who are PC/XBox Gamers.

Is it anything like Little Big Planet? Have you played it that one?

You can costumize and build your own levels for other players to play and rate and so on.

Is it anything like Little Big Planet? Have you played it that one?

You can costumize and build your own levels for other players to play and rate and so on.

It could be. People have created custom puzzle maps and gaming maps for Minecraft.

The only car racing games I like are the Crash Bandicoot CTR series.

Yeah, I'm generally not into FF games or RPGs for that matter. The only FF I have played besides the XIII series is X-2, and I really liked the characters in that one (especially Yuna :wub:) but I just wasn't dedicated enough to finish it. I was one of those that loved XIII precisely because it played more like an action RPG than a traditional FF game, which is why most of the FF purists hated it.

If I had a PS3 I would definitely have picked up the X/X-2 HD Remaster.

I picked up X/X-2 HD for my vita. So much fun, just like when I first played it on my PS2. Also I picked up Infamous for the PS4. That game is just beautiful. I am having a blast gaming right now.

I picked up X/X-2 HD for my vita. So much fun, just like when I first played it on my PS2. Also I picked up Infamous for the PS4. That game is just beautiful. I am having a blast gaming right now.
I've been feeling the opposite lately, to the point where I actually turned on my 3DS and played Mario Kart 7 for a while. I haven't touched that system in ages, and if not for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and The Sims 3 Pets, I wouldn't be playing the 360 at all either.

I don't have a new console yet. Right now, I'm torn between the Wii U and the PS4, and if anything I'm leaning towards the Wii U. I know I'll want a PS4 eventually for the Mirror's Edge reboot, but now I've heard a rumor saying that the game won't be out until 2016. Eff that. There are no games currently out for the PS4 that I'm interested in, but there are two or three that I would probably play on the Wii U right now and at least two upcoming releases I'll probably want to play (Mario Kart 8 and the new Smash Bros.). It's also backwards compatible and I could play older games on it. I feel like with the PS4 I'd be paying a lot more for future potential and a bunch of extra technology that I will probably never use.

Convince me that I'm wrong, PS4 owners. (Seriously - I'm not attempting to troll here.)

I've been feeling the opposite lately, to the point where I actually turned on my 3DS and played Mario Kart 7 for a while. I haven't touched that system in ages, and if not for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and The Sims 3 Pets, I wouldn't be playing the 360 at all either.

I don't have a new console yet. Right now, I'm torn between the Wii U and the PS4, and if anything I'm leaning towards the Wii U. I know I'll want a PS4 eventually for the Mirror's Edge reboot, but now I've heard a rumor saying that the game won't be out until 2016. Eff that. There are no games currently out for the PS4 that I'm interested in, but there are two or three that I would probably play on the Wii U right now and at least two upcoming releases I'll probably want to play (Mario Kart 8 and the new Smash Bros.). It's also backwards compatible and I could play older games on it. I feel like with the PS4 I'd be paying a lot more for future potential and a bunch of extra technology that I will probably never use.

Convince me that I'm wrong, PS4 owners. (Seriously - I'm not attempting to troll here.)

For the long run the PS4 is the way to go. I believe the game options will be far better and plentiful. There is only so much Mario and Zelda one can play. There are already some awesome titles available for the PS4 (Infamous, Metal Gear Solid). Plus we got great titles coming out this year like Watch Dogs(my prediction for game of the year), Final Fantasy XV, Destiny, MLB The Show. Playstation Plus is awesome, I have gotten so many free games for my PS4, PS3, and Vita. By the end of the year Playstation Now will be released and you will be able to play all those PS3 exclusives you may have missed. Also the Vita is awesome not only for its games, but also for the remote play capabilities with the PS4.

Wii U will run you around 3 hundred bucks when its all set and done without the perks later.

Why not pay an extra 100 on the PS4 which will keep paying off long after you buy it. For an extra 50 bucks you can get PSN+ and get free games across all Sony product like Jeffrey mentioned.

So far I only owned 1 game for the PS4 that I actually paid for in NBA2K14 when I bought my PS4 as a bundle.

Since getting it it I have gotten Resogun, Dead Nation, Dont Starve, Outlast, Flower, and Flow all for free for the PS4.

The last two though are imports from the PS3 with better graphics though.

You can also stream live video games as well as watch other people play/comment and use twitch.

Personally I have found that feature to be awesome because I get to see actual gameplay of a game before I go and buy it. That's huge for when you're unsure of buying a game.

Sometimes you can even get lucky and watch people do some xxx stuff with their girlfriends and stuff. The weekends get crazy up in there. lol

Overall for 400 dollars this system pays for itself. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Pretty awesome.

Only reason to get a Wii U.

Not really, but close.

Wish I still had my N64.

Brother and I got one for Christmas '13. Talk about blast from the past.

So cool.

Where did you find that? ebay, no doubt?

Give me Super Mario 64, Mario Kart and Mario Party 1-3. We're set.

I won a 2 round, 16-man DiRT 2 Tournament last night. First of its kind, hopefully it can grow to 32+. Pretty sweet though.

I won a 2 round, 16-man DiRT 2 Tournament last night. First of its kind, hopefully it can grow to 32+. Pretty sweet though.

That game sucks. lol

But congrats.

How much green did you earned?

That game sucks. lol

What?! Give me a better niche dirt racing alternative. It's really one of the only video games I play.

What do you not like about it? If you don't mind my asking?

Dirt 2 is definitely the best in the series.. The vehicles are awesome and the tracks are technical.

Edit: never played the original. Knowing vidya games, that one is probably the one to rule them all..

What?! Give me a better niche dirt racing alternative. It's really one of the only video games I play.

What do you not like about it? If you don't mind my asking?

Dirt 2 is definitely the best in the series.. The vehicles are awesome and the tracks are technical.

Edit: never played the original. Knowing vidya games, that one is probably the one to rule them all..

Hold on now..

Look at my edit.

As for the game, I was just bul****ting. I haven't played it but I have seen video gameplay of the first one and it didn't appeal to me.

Hold on now..

Look at my edit.

As for the game, I was just bul****ting. I haven't played it but I have seen video gameplay of the first one and it didn't appeal to me.

Pick up DiRT 2 for ps3 on Amazon for like $10. It's worth it..

I won bragging rights... I'm currently exercising them. :p

Get a 3DS.

Oh man, no way.

I dont see myself playing any handheld devices. I've never really liked them.

Had a PSP and sold it pretty much brand new when it first came out.

Pretty awesome.

Only reason to get a Wii U.

Not really, but close.

Wish I still had my N64.

Yes.

The upcoming Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. games are the two main reasons I'm debating on the Wii U. To stream older games on the PS4 through PS+, don't you have to be online? I have a crappy connection right now so that wouldn't work for me. Plus, Nintendo's online is free and I don't play online these days anyway.

I'm also planning to get that little Child of Light game that's coming out for all the systems on April 30th, and if I got a Wii U, I'd just buy it for that system. That game looks gorgeous.

Yes.

The upcoming Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. games are the two main reasons I'm debating on the Wii U. To stream older games on the PS4 through PS+, don't you have to be online? I have a crappy connection right now so that wouldn't work for me. Plus, Nintendo's online is free and I don't play online these days anyway.

I'm also planning to get that little Child of Light game that's coming out for all the systems on April 30th, and if I got a Wii U, I'd just buy it for that system. That game looks gorgeous.

Yes you do have to be online.

Its like Netflix. But instead of streaming movies you'd be streaming a video game.

Being online via the ps4 is actually free. Its the sucriptions that are not.

You can still browse online through it, use the free apps and so on.

Back
Top Bottom