Waltrip's Nascar 4 point plan Fix it

Getting rid of races is a good thing, it is long over due 28-30 races so Nascar doesn't go head to head with the NFL. No matter if they race mid week Fridays or whatever they will still be competing with the NFL in the fall. Also shorten most of the races to 300 miles or less, lower the ticket prices, and get rid of the Chase and segments.

Too many fans don't care about when the football season starts. The ratings fall a bit, but I haven't heard a thing from broadcasters who are paying the bills complaining about the loss of ratings. I'm pretty sure they had that factored in when they made their deals.

Too many fans don't care about when the football season starts. The ratings fall a bit, but I haven't heard a thing from broadcasters who are paying the bills complaining about the loss of ratings. I'm pretty sure they had that factored in when they made their deals.

The ratings fall a bit? Seriously???

Nascar's ratings hit the skids even before football starts. In 2016 the first Talladega race had 6.7 million viewers and the second had 3.6. Phoenix 6.4 million and then 4 million, Martinsville 4.3 million and then 2.7 and the first Richmond and Bristol races had 5.5 million viewers each and the second races had 2.7 million viewers each.

Dude! IDK what you consider "fall a bit" .

Already waiting for football season... I'll always be a race fan but the current state of this stuff will have to work around the games this fall...

Already waiting for football season... I'll always be a race fan but the current state of this stuff will have to work around the games this fall...

Same here as even as badly as Nascar has screwed things up I still DVR the races and watch most of them. I used to like Hockey, Football and Nascar about the same but now it is just Hockey and Football that are number 1. I am looking forward to the Pens-Preds Stanley Cup Finals and I am anxiously awaiting the beginning of college and pro ball. Unfortunately we are heading into the dog days of Nascar's schedule and there can be some real turkeys of races but hopefully some good ones too.

Most the suggestions people are making sound alot like ARCA. Smaller tracks, shoter races, no playoff, more road courses, dirt tracks, and a shorter schedule. I know the talent isn't there like in NASCAR but it seems most like the style of racing ARCA puts on.

Most the suggestions people are making sound alot like ARCA. Smaller tracks, shoter races, no playoff, more road courses, dirt tracks, and a shorter schedule. I know the talent isn't there like in NASCAR but it seems most like the style of racing ARCA puts on.
true, Cup racing can't do it all IMO. They have two other major series that they could spread more types of racing around. Trucks could do a whole lot more small track racing, they came from there. Xfinity has expanded their road course racing and IMO should do at least twice as many. Problem is the gorilla's in the room ISC and Speedway Mmotorsports. It always comes down to that when different tracks are wanted. They have let go a couple of times lately wit the trucks in Canada, and Xfinity at Elkart Lake.

How about instead of dropping races those of you who think that asinine idea is good just watch fewer races and let the rest of us enjoy it.

I agree.. If you only want to watch 26 or 28 or 30 races then pick out your 26 or 28 or 30 races and watch them. It is not mandatory to watch all 36. I believe most Nascar fans would even enjoy a few races during the off season.

I agree.. If you only want to watch 26 or 28 or 30 races then pick out your 26 or 28 or 30 races and watch them. It is not mandatory to watch all 36. I believe most Nascar fans would even enjoy a few races during the off season.
I never miss the Rolex 24 and frankly would watch racing from warmer climes during the off season if they were broadcast.

Judging by ratings... people are already choosing which races to watch.

yeah it's a shame that the V8 Supercar races are almost the same time March thru November as the Nascar races.

This is by quickly becoming the thread I've always said needs stickied of bad ideas Nascar fans come up with.

Back
Top Bottom