Watkins Glen RACE thread

Your idea of bitching, and my idea of bitching must be way different. In my eyes he was just explaining how the car was handling. Now if he was all pissed off about it, then I would call that bitching.;)

I suspect that is the case :)

We're lucky they interviewed anybody. The race was 30 minutes past the scheduled stop time with the red flag and all the cautions.

Then they go right to Sportscenter where they spend the first 15 minutes highlighting the race.

AARP is just fine. Suits the guy to the tee. Old and losing his edge.

BRaox6vCEAA-I1L.jpg:large

decent race, cant bitch too much when the cars aren't what they need to be.. it is what it is. we're in for a great chase imo

Scanner Chatter

Max Papis spotter Bob Jeffrey: “Max, coming back to the green. Do what you do best. You’re one of the best at this. Watch these fools on the start down here in (Turn) 1. You know how it is.”

Jeffrey after Papis wreck: “Got a long ways to go here, just keep it up here.”

Crew chief Steve Addington: “Everything looks good on the body, bud.”

Max Papis: “We have a long way to go. I’m just going to beat the (expletive) out of them when I get there.”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Crew chief Steve Letarte: “Great start to the race, man. Really nice.”

Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “The car is great. I don’t know how long that will last. Just really kicking (expletive) through there.”

Jeff Gordon after crash: “Just wrecked. We’re (expletive). We’re going to have to have a wrecker, guys.”

Brad Keselowski after spin: “I just tried to branch out. It didn’t stick.”

Ryan Newman crew chief Matt Borland: “Ryan they said we pitted when the pits were closed.”

Ryan Newman: “I never saw the light. I never saw any kind of light.”

Spotter Jason Jarrett: “It was green when I was telling you. It couldn’t have been more than a couple of feet.”

Newman: “I never saw the red light.”

Jeff Burton after wreck, angry with Casey Mears: “Ran me off the (expletive) track.”

Spotter Keith Barnwell: “10-4, man.”

Burton: “I was on the outside. I don’t mind him trying to pass me, I was just trying to keep my momentum up and he just ran me off the track.”

Kyle Busch crew chief Dave Rogers: “We’re good on fuel to the checkered. We’re not good for a green-white-checkered. Save some fuel. Save tires. Save brakes.”

Busch: “Let’s just see this baby go green. C’mon, go green.”

Kurt Busch after hitting barrier: “Check right-side damage. I screwed up trying to get all I could through the esses. And our aero problem that we have with shoving the nose behind people came into effect.”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. spotter TJ Majors after wreck with Kasey Kahne: “Are you still rolling? Can we work on it at all?”

Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “It’s (expletive) killed. Kasey came back across me. I was in the gas. He was in the gas. I don’t know what I could have done. I didn’t want to lift.”

Kyle Busch crew chief Dave Rogers after the win: “Great driving, great driving.”

Kyle Busch: “Whew. Great job guys. Thank you. Appreciate it, y’all. Y’all do way too much for me.”

Rogers: “Proud of you bud. You did it the hard way. … Sure feels sweet, doesn’t it?”

Twitter

Kasey Kahne (after being wrecked by Matt Kenseth):

@kaseykahne
Headed to Joe Gibbs racing to talk to whoever will come out front #that's4

Denny Hamlin:

@dennyhamlin
I'll talk to you my friend.. “@kaseykahne: Headed to Joe Gibbs racing to talk to whoever will come out front #that's4”

Kyle Busch:

@KyleBusch
Thank u 4 the Congrats! Rowdy's revenge felt so great today! Awesome celebrating w @SamanthaBusch and team. Winning feeling never gets old!

Max Papis:

@maxpapis
Felt bad for @MarcosAmbrose he Just Parked it in T3 and could not avoid him , he had something broken on bottom left of the car before that

If Tony wasn't out he may have won at Watkins Glen, or at least have a good finish. Can't give Newman credit for making the chase and Stewart not when Smoke is out for 6 weeks.

ESPN Glen ratings: 2.7 this year vs 2.8 last year. … 4.2 million people watched (300k less people than last year). Stewart fans?

Back
Top Bottom