Watkins Glen RACE thread

PARENT THEM YOURSELF. Don't rely on others to do it for you.

One time I was at a Hooters on a Friday night watching a game with my friends and we were drinking and were very, um, loose with our language. Lady comes up to me and tell me that all of us need to watch our language because her kid is there and "this is a family restaurant". My response was, "We can tone it down with our language but this is not a family restaurant."

It's up to the rest of the world to parent children now. As if kids don't hear this language on TV or in the music they listen to. :rolleyes:

Again, I apologize and can control my language a little better.

People here are a bunch of pansies when it comes to anything PG-13.

It's mixed company here...is it so terrible to show some repect.

Now, let's get this race restarted before my temples start bleeding :mad:

People here are a bunch of pansies when it comes to anything PG-13.
Having spent 5 years in the pit area of a dirt track and a year on an Army post with my husband, there is not much that I haven't heard.
I have no objection to strong language, but calling some an MF just because you don't agree with their opinion just doesn't make sense to me.
Maybe it's the testosterone. ;)

In the picture it looks to be about 3/4 of a mile across the water from my place. Lot's of places around the coast that looks like that though.
Ill make sure to knock & ask for some shrimp next time ;)

Having spent 5 years in the pit area of a dirt track and a year on an Army post with my husband, there is not much that I haven't heard.
I have no objection to strong language, but calling some an MF just because you don't agree with their opinion just doesn't make sense to me.
:D :D

Anyone wondering if Tony will race other then the Nascar in the future?

True. But the outrage when one slips is just as uncalled for. I personally would have just overlooked it if someone didn't respond blaming Andy for the blasphemy that was his nephew seeing one damn word..

And it wasn't directed towards a person. It was simply an interjection.

no. I actually like brad. and it's fun to listen what he thinks as an owner who I have always perceived to be as big a race fan as the rest of us.
We all have our opinions but I personally think he's an ass.

True. But the outrage when one slips is just as uncalled for. I personally would have just overlooked it if someone didn't respond blaming Andy for the blasphemy that was his nephew seeing one damn word..

And it wasn't directed towards a person. It was simply an interjection.

You haven't been here long enough to make comment. Andy has been skirting the language filters since he first came on the board. If this had been his first "slip" I would have let it go.

Why the red flag? I'm at the Tudor race at Road America and missing Cup?

You haven't been here long enough to make comment. Andy has been skirting the language filters since he first came on the board. If this had been his first "slip" I would have let it go.

How long do you have to be a member here before you can have an opinion on some blatant political correctness bull****?

Back
Top Bottom