Weather check-in

We've been getting a ton of snow, followed by days in the 40's and 50's so it all melts and floods basements (including mine), followed by temps in the teens and 20's again, like right now. I'm hurting even more than usual lately and I'm sure the weather has a lot to do with it.

Temps reached 75 today before the storms came about 4:30 and then the temps dropped 20 degrees. I almost finished my rounds before the bottom dropped out. A lady came out and offered me an umbrella. I'll be returning it tomorrow. It was pretty rough for a while.

Hey Buck, what do you guys have for issued raingear?

Hey Buck, what do you guys have for issued raingear?
Sorry for not getting back to this issue. The PO gives us an allowance for authorized uniforms and we have to purchase what we want. As for rain gear, there are many different things that we can order. Personally, I have three things I can wear for rain. I have a pair of rain pants that I wear when it really comes down. I have a Gortex parka that is hot, and I have a cape that I use in the summer time. We can also purchase rubbers for our shoes. They now have so many new uniforms and some of them work together, i.e. you can add one to another to form a different jacket or pants. I bought my Gortex parka for $250 when my allowance was but $280. Of course that sort of uniform equipment lasts a long time. Pants and shirts are mostly what I spend my allowance on. BTW, I have worked in the worst of downfalls!

After a round of Tornadoes here last week, which caused a lot of damage a few towns over from me, we have been inundated with severe storms twice this week. Looks like the next week or so will be relateively quiet.

We had a wicked thunderstorm yesterday around 6 pm, dumped almost 2 inches in less than 30 minutes. Brought back memories of the monsoons. I could barely see the house across the street, it was just a yellow blob.

Back
Top Bottom