Weather check-in

Hard to say how much is still sitting on the ground, I'd say there's at least a solid 16 inches of snowpack. That's a little less than what most of the state has. We don't usually get the worst of the big storms, so once you get past the White Mountains, it's not as much about snow as it is cold. Usually there are a couple nights a year where we break -30.

Measured the snowpack in the back yard without any drift spots, 34.5 inches with another 12 inches forecasted for our area for later today and tonight. Love it!

Measured the snowpack in the back yard without any drift spots, 34.5 inches with another 12 inches forecasted for our area for later today and tonight. Love it!

Yeah, we won't be getting anything out of that storm. I guess it's a trade off. Far enough North to miss out on the big coastal storms, but also far enough North where 33 below is not a record.

All we're getting here in Hampton Roads is rain rain rain. It's cold, but a few degrees to cold for snow. And I even went and bought a snow shovel after the last storm, and can't use it.

I drove out to Vegas and did a show out there last week.

Drove back and detoured at Amarillo and headed down to DFW because I didn't know for sure if it would be clear in the NC-Tenn mountains.

Somehow, I managed to drive 4600 miles and never see a single flake fall from the sky. And that was just fine with me!

I drove out to Vegas and did a show out there last week.

Drove back and detoured at Amarillo and headed down to DFW because I didn't know for sure if it would be clear in the NC-Tenn mountains.

Somehow, I managed to drive 4600 miles and never see a single flake fall from the sky. And that was just fine with me!

Yes it was pretty nice.You came right by my house if you came acrossI-20

Yes it was pretty nice.You came right by my house if you came acrossI-20

I left Tucumcari on Sunday morning and took I-40 to Amarillo and then US 287 to DFW.

I eventually got onto I-20 from US 80 in Terrell. Stopped in Longview for the night and then stopped the following night in Commerce, Ga.

Don't know if I passed your place going that way. :)

I'll be in Allen Tx. on the weekend of 4/16 - 4/17. New Cabelas store opening for that weekend and I will have both a SIM and show car there.

27 Degrees, we got another 12 inches of snow yesterday and overnight:(

Got another 8.5" of snow, snow pack up to 43", i haven't seen it this deep since 95 when I lived up in Blanford, Ma.!!

Got 11" of white **** and ice yesterday.

And not the easy to shovel powdery ****, it was the heavy, icy, wet ****.

And two more storms on the way.

Officially, 42 inches of snow so far this season. Some areas reported 60+ but not at "official weather stations". 31 official inches just in January. More on the way next week that supposedly could dump another foot+. City is almost completely out of money for snow removal.

My wife is from So Cal and about to lose her mind.

Typical mid winter day, mid 20's overcast. All eyes on this storm coming Wednesday. In weather guesser speak "the track is critical, we could end up with rain, a "wintery mix" or another major storm with well over 12 inches of snow".

Got better chances at a roulette wheel,,,,:)

2-5 inches of snow coming tomorrow, so sayeth the weather guesser.
Then a 'wintery mix' Weds of 4-8 inches that may include up to a inch of freezing rain=inch of frozen rain=inch of ice. Oh joy....:beerbang:

Talking 2 feet o snow here.....yikes if that happens I'll have about a 6 foot snowpack....:eek:

Curently snowing here in the land of the cheese. Reports say my part of the state could get as much as 20" before it's over.:eek:

Hey Bucky.....want to help shovel????:beerbang:

Oh shoot, they are talking about getting up to 65 on Wednesday here. I sure hate that...NOT! Now you guys are finding out what it's like living in North Dakota. There you can have a blizzard with no clouds in the sky. Windy as all get out and dry snow two feet deep. Can you say white out?

I've heard a world meteorologist talk of the cold in the south and warmth in the north. (?) He was meaning that New England was the south he was talking about and Greenland and the area up there as the north and said that temps up there are warmer than normal while it's the opposite in NE. But what this guy said later got the host surprised. The host asked it this was all from climate change, thinking that he guest would agree, but he didn't. He said that these sort of weather phenomenons are cyclical and what we are witnessing today has happened many times before. He does however say that we are witnessing global warming, but nothing in the area of what is being told. He believes that the Earth is warming by a degree or so every century. But just to try and give you in the NE a bit of relief, my friend down in Aussieland is spending most of his time indoors, not because of the snow and cold, but because of the massive heat and humidity. If the north is cold in winter and hot in the summer and the south is hot in the winter and cold in the summer, maybe we should think about moving to the equator and be hot all year round. :eek:

Okay. It was 25* when I got up at 6:30 this morning and now it is 19* outside at 9:00am. We are under about 3" of ice/sleet/snow and it sucks!!!

Started around 5 am, so far only a couple of inches of snow. Turning to sleet/freezing rain right now. I can't wait for spring.

Well they are saying only 6-8" here for all of today, ending around 5-6pm.....lol I've already got 7". Looks like they might be off a tad on their snow totals. Tomorrow we are supposed to get another 8-14", but I have a feeling seeing how I already got the forecasted amount and it is only 10:35am....I'm going to get buried....dogs are loving it and snowblower will be getting a workout for sure!!

We didn't get much more snow than we had, if any, but we got a lot of freezing rain. The truck has at least 1/2 inch of ice on all the windows and the blower motor doesn't work so it isn't going anywhere for a while. I just cancelled physical therapy for the day. We'll see how the rest of the week plays out.

Oh, and tonight is supposed to be much worse than last night was.

Okay. It was 25* when I got up at 6:30 this morning and now it is 19* outside at 9:00am. We are under about 3" of ice/sleet/snow and it sucks!!!
I have my fan on high speed in my bedroom.....Yet it's sub-teens outside.

Back
Top Bottom