WEC 2024

Toyota 1-2 on the grid for Sunday. Feel like it’s been a little bit since they swept the front row. Porsche Penskes 3rd and 5th, split by the Cadillac.

Only a couple of push laps available in qualifying, the second sector here just devours tires in a hurry. Seems like tomorrow will be a deg race.

Toyota 1-2 on the grid for Sunday.
Toyota pounds the grid with the good old double hyperpole!

Wait ......... that came out wrong.

Just checking the previous video and the Ferrari was getting a wicked snap in the first sweeper after the Senna S. This could be a lot of fun.

Feel like it’s been a little bit since they swept the front row. Porsche Penskes 3rd and 5th, split by the Cadillac.
Gotta admire how they have fought off the bop and some pretty serious challengers. I think they are probably the best hypercar team on the grid. I'm tired of their dominance, but they supported WEC when everyone else bailed, and carried the series into the hypercar era.

OK, right now, Toyota has the speed and they still have execution on their side. I'm going to go with them and hope for one of the privateers instead. Anybody else want to stick their neck out? :)

Seems like tomorrow will be a deg race.
Might be fun watching them run around in a big pack for the last hour with dead tires. The slide jobs would be epic.

We might be looking at the same kind of thing for the Indycar race tonight.

Toyota pounds the grid with the good old double hyperpole!

Wait ......... that came out wrong.

Just checking the previous video and the Ferrari was getting a wicked snap in the first sweeper after the Senna S. This could be a lot of fun.

Gotta admire how they have fought off the bop and some pretty serious challengers. I think they are probably the best hypercar team on the grid. I'm tired of their dominance, but they supported WEC when everyone else bailed, and carried the series into the hypercar era.

OK, right now, Toyota has the speed and they still have execution on their side. I'm going to go with them and hope for one of the privateers instead. Anybody else want to stick their neck out? :)

Might be fun watching them run around in a big pack for the last hour with dead tires. The slide jobs would be epic.

We might be looking at the same kind of thing for the Indycar race tonight.
With as tricky a track as it is, I wouldn’t rule out some safety cars to pack the field every so often. Toyota usually seem to manage their tires better than their competitors, so when they have the speed to match it’s hard to bet against them.

Not great by WEC standards, but just seeing these cars run is enough.
Aside from Hypercar and GT3 both having runaway winners, I thought it was a lot of fun. Really good battles up and down either field, more so in Hypercar. If there were ever a WEC round that raced like an IMSA round, it was this one with the narrow track and argybargy. The second sector reminds me of Fuji’s final sector, which is great for wheel-to-wheel action. The #6 Porsche and #7 Toyota really maximized their days with great comebacks after early troubles.

I thought it was a great race, especially in the mid-field on hypercar.

That battle between Schumacher and Jani at the end of the race was awesome.

Looks like a Porsche with Ferrari wing fences. Doesn't look anything like the Valkyries we have seen.
The 963 and Valkyrie have pretty similar noses, tbf. To me it kooks like the Valkyrie (minus the crazy splitter on the road/track day versions) with a Glickenhaus-esque wing on the back. I’m a fan.

That color scheme doesn't do it any favors.
Pretty sure it’s just test camo and will be either Heart of Racing blue or British racing green on the final product.

I think a lot of these angles also make it more clear how much of the styling from the Valkyrie/AMR Pro they were able to carry over.

Damm, I'm tired of Toyota winning, but you gotta give it to them for being the best team in Hypercar.

Virtually every race this year the pecking order seems to change. Porsche, Ferrari and Toyota have all had both dominant and off weekends. We have no idea who is going to have the upper hand at COTA.

Cota should be really good. Hopefully Cadillac can get a breakthrough win.

Damm, I'm tired of Toyota winning, but you gotta give it to them for being the best team in Hypercar.

Virtually every race this year the pecking order seems to change. Porsche, Ferrari and Toyota have all had both dominant and off weekends. We have no idea who is going to have the upper hand at COTA.

Cota should be really good. Hopefully Cadillac can get a breakthrough win.
COTA is going to be stupid hot, I can’t believe they’re running a race in Austin, TX on Labor Day weekend between 1-7 PM local time.

Back
Top Bottom